“2 day trip fantastic!”

Chomley's Day Tours
Ranked #35 of 52 Tours in Broome
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We took our family on the two day tour (two audits and three small children). Roger made us feel very welcome and we all loved it. Roger's commentary on the trip up made a long drive enjoyable. Mud crabbing was very successful and our local guide Vincent was the real deal. We all caught big crabs and have the photos to prove it. The crabs were delicious. Dinner was very satisfactory and there was more than enough to fill us up. We all crashed exhausted into our tents.

We had really wanted to do this trip for the mud crabbing but day two was even better. Our local guide Peter showed us around his country and it really is stunning. We swam and fished in places you just can't normally go and it was pristine. We even caught a big flathead and we are the worst fishers in the world! Roger was a great host and guide. He was entertaining and knowledgable and the whole family enjoyed his company. This tour has been a big highlight of our round Australia trip.

Specially recommend this trip for families as there were numerous hands on experiences for adults and kids that money can't buy.

4  Thank Expeditioners

Reviewed 12 October 2012

If you want to have an informative and interesting day on the Dampier Peninsula, Roger is knowledgeable and knows the area and the people.
Instead of just visiting, Roger gives the history and explains the issues and challenges of Aboriginal communities.
See the church in Beagle Bay community, Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, One Arm Point and of course the beautiful beaches at Cape Levecque. Sunset on the red cliffs and formations is stunning.
It's a long day, but so memorable. Roger is laconic and a great host for the day.

4  Thank Riccardo56
Reviewed 16 August 2012

At Rogers suggestion we went with his tour group to Cape Leveque one day, stayed over night in one of his tents, then met up with the next tour the following day. This enabled us to participate in mud crabbing, the tour of the pearl farm and hatchery, as well as enjoying a beautiful meal at Kooljaman. It also broke up a long trip on a pretty rugged road. We are very pleased Roger made this offer available,and recommend it highly.

4  Thank bellalab
Reviewed 30 July 2012

It was my 60th birthday and I decided to take the family on this day tour to Cape Leveque to mak the occasion. There were six of us (4 adults and 2 teenagers) and we were joined by another family of 2 adults and 4 children. Our driver ,Adam, picked us up at 7 am and drove us north over a very rough road. His commentary was so complete and interesting that it made the trip enjoyable. We saw the shell church at beagle Bay and then went to the Cygnet Bay Pearl farm for a tour and lunch. The lunch was fantastic. Great chef who created a lovely gluten free meal for my family. Then onto the Trochus Hatchery which I must say I was a bit ambivalent about. It was great and the high light of the tour for my grand daughters. They loved feeding the turtles and barramundi and spent ages just patting the turtles and are still talking about how great it was. We then went to the eastern beach and my husband and daughter had a swim while the others had a walk along the beach. The day finished witha stop at western beach to see the sunset. The scenery was just beautiful and the trip very well organised and Adam was great. Such a long day but not once did any of the children say they were bored or complain. A great day our. Would recommend Chomley's tours for a great day to Cape Leveque.

4  Thank colleenh52
Reviewed 12 June 2012

On holiday in Broome in May for my 60th Birthday we did a tour to Cape Leveque with Roger Chomley of Chomley Tours. It was an early morning start & a long day as we didn't get back until 8.30pm but well worth it. The road was very corrugated in parts but better in others. We stopped at Beagle Bay to see the Church with the pearl alter & had morning tea. Then onto Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm which was very interesting. I purchased a pearl which was a birthday present. Luckily I had a gold chain it could go on. The lunch was delicious & we sat outside to eat. The sweets were rhubarb pie with custard - my favourite. We went to One Arm Point Aboriginal Community to see a hatchery & later that day arrived at Cape Leveque a beautiful beach for swimming & shell collecting. The red cliffs late in the day were inspiring. I loved this tour because we were able to see places that would be hard to get to & thought it was good value. Roger Chomley was a great tour guide & has a wealth of knowledge about the area as well as an apparent empathy with aboriginal people. Wendy & Gary Ettridge

8  Thank Gary E