“Best Place we have stayed in Broome Town Centre”

Moonlight Bay Suites
Perth, Australia
“Best Place we have stayed in Broome Town Centre”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We work in the Kimberlies and come to stay in Broome often for a bit of R&R. As a result, we have stayed in a number of different places in Broome and this hotel is the best we have stayed in in the center of Broome!!

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with another couple and the room was very good. It was spacious and comfortable. Unlike the Oaks just down the road, the kitchen was very large and functional (You could actually prepare a meal in there). There was plenty of cutlery, plates, salad bowls etc.

The rooms have been recently renovated and the fittings and furnishings are very nice. There is 3 air conditioners in the rooms and they all work perfectly. We got a room overlooking the Bay and the view is spectacular!!!

The pool is brilliant and there is two BBQ areas for guests!! Further to this, There is a large grassed area overlooking the bay where kids can play!!!

If I had one gripe, it would be that the room's spa is far to small. It is one of those Bath's with jets in it, not a corner spa. Good for one person but definitely no good for a romantic spa for two!!

The customer service here was second to none. They were very helpful and even allowed one couple to stay in the 2 bedroom apartment on the third night for the price of the 1 bedroom apartment rather than making them move rooms!!!! Very helpful!

Overall,I was very impressed with the Moonlight Bay Suites and would recommend it anyone wanting a brilliant place to stay in the center of town.

Room Tip: Don't get a garden view room......it just overlooks the carpark!! Pay the extra for the ocean vi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PhilnBec

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Well located across road from Matso's which is a great venue for food, drink (try the ginger beer), and atmosphere. Easy to get a bus or walk to Chinatown. Very comfortable, clean and well appointed rooms with kitchen facilities. Steve and Kathy are great hosts as well.
Very enjoyable stay.
Gillian L

Room Tip: Location especially if you do not have a car.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gillian L
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here accidentally as I missed my connection and loved the room and the position.
The staff went out of their way to be helpful in recovering a camera left in a taxi, giving free drink vouchers for Matso's and transport to Cable Beach.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and myself stayed in the Moonlight Bay Suites in Broome from 1-5 July 2012. The location was excellent, only a 5 minute walk to the shops. The accommodation was very clean and well appointed and the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were serviced daily. It was great to have both a shower and a bath in our suite and feel that this is a good marketing point. Also it was a pleasant surprise to sit in a comfortable lounge and watch television. Whilst the water was still too cool for us to have a swim, the grassed area near the pool overlooking the bay, was a fantastic spot to view the Staircase to the Moon phenomena, which we were fortunate to see.
We will certainly be recomemding this accommodation to our friends

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

An excellent spot in Broome with views of Roebuck Bay, right on the very convenient 'Town Bus' route, and close to Matso's Brewery/Pub/Restaurant. The only minor downside are the stairs you must climb with your baggage to get to your rooms-not what you want after a long trip! Otherwise, excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side with bay views & on the upper storey if you don't mind stai...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you don’t. Yet now and then you make your reservation, check in, open the door and simply go Wow!

I was up in Broome recently to train some of our staff working in that particular neck of the woods. I booked via our companies travel provider and in their list of recommendations was the Moonlight Bay Resort. To be honest I’d never heard of them but the price looked reasonable, the reviews were generally positive (except for one bloke where I think he was getting his resorts confused) and it was close to the training venue so I took a punt and hit the ‘Book’ button.

The first positive was check-in. It was late, I was tired but the lady behind the counter was so friendly I could not help but smile. To put the icing on the cake she gave me a voucher for a free beer at Matso’s with the comment “You look like you need a beer on us”. Fantastic gesture and she was right, I did need a beer.

First impressions of the resort itself were good. It did look like it harked back from the late 70’s / early 80’s but they obviously had a gardener who took exceptional pride in their work as the lawns, plants and palms were immaculate. The view from my apartment complex was also a sight to behold, looking over a very inviting pool, more immaculate lawns and ending with a 180-degree vista of Roebuck Bay. It was that time of day where the sun had just gone down below the horizon, the ocean was a still, gunmetal grey and the sky was every shade of pink. Absolutely stunning! I must have looked like a bit of berk standing there but I didn’t care, it was that pretty.

I finally managed to tear myself away from the view and opened the door. It was then that the “Wow” moment hit. The room was huge and at half the price that I would normally pay for a 20-year old shoebox in Karratha. I’d booked a superior room so either they’d given me a discrete upgrade or they really place some credence in the word “superior”! I’ve lived in apartments smaller than this.

To the left was a full kitchen, in the middle a 4 piece dining suite and to the right a large LCD TV, coffee table, study table and couch. At the rear of the room, through a set of dividing doors was the bedroom with a comfortable looking bed and plenty of space for luggage, laptops etc. Adjacent to the bedroom was the bathroom with all the modern conveniences and joy of joys a bathtub big enough for a professional basket-baller to stretch out in. The room did have shades of the 1980’s to it, with plenty of pinks and ‘burnt sienna’ but I tend to like that retro touch whether it is deliberate or not.

I really, truly cannot think of anything negative to say about the Moonlight Bay Resort. The rooms were serviced daily, everything I need and more was there at my fingertips and the staff were unfailingly polite and attentive. Probably the only thing I can think of that could be improved up is the air conditioning unit. Due to the heat and humidity that this region is famous (infamous) for it smelled a little musty when I first turned it on. I had the same problem with my own air conditioning when I lived in Karratha and I found regular cleaning of the filters with a bit of bleach did the trick.

Will I be back, you bet I will!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with views of Roebuck Bay. The sunsets are worth seeing.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Sven W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We enjoyed our 7 night stay in a one bedroom bayview suite. It is ideal for couples as it is quiet with well maintained grounds, pool and BBQ areas. Rooms were more than adequate and bed was comfortable. Our rooms were serviced daily which was a bonus. Bathroom was in need of some repair. It was in walking distance to town, close to Matso's brewery and bus stop outside. Staff were friendly. Great location to see Staircase to the Moon and Night Markets.Thank you.

Room Tip: One with bay view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple