“Good place but not really cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Broome

Mercure Broome
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Darwin, Australia
“Good place but not really cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I spent 5 nights here, the room is really nice but the bathroom is very outdated. The shower curtain was so terrible I had to ask for a new one.. Also the aircon filter was filthy. (Always checking it!!) But other than that it,s a good place, we had a standard room in the dungeon :) It was allright but pretty expensive.. But it,s pretty normal in Broome.. Overall I was happy to stay there and would go back. It,s not too far away from the city centre, and good irish pub just in the corner :) Nice swimming pools, too.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
James_FOM, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay.I have passed this on to our management team, so that the appropriate measures can be taken to rectify the points outlined in your review.
I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Broome.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

We had a great time in this hotel. We stayed here 3 times in the one holiday. Staff were great and rooms were good too. The pool was great and we really used the laundry a lot. Very useful and functional

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
James_FOM, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is always a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Mercure Broome.

I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure in the near future.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Pretty standard Mecure. Wifi quite expensive in rooms. Old hotel but quite clean. Most rooms have a balcony as standard. 2 pools and a nice garden. Would stay here again, very reasonable rates (off season).

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
James P, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay.
I am extremely pleased to say that Mercure is looking into FREE WiFi access for all guests and hopefully this will be implemented in the near future.
Please feel free to contact us direct on your next visit to Broome and we can taylor a package to suit your needs whilst here (internet, tours etc.)
Once again, we appreciate you providing feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Broome!

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in late November. After check-in and when I eventually found my room (it's a bit of a maze, but you do get given a map to help you out!) - I was reasonably satisfied.

The room was fine - not huge but big enough. Glad at this time of year to have aircon. Furniture was not brand new, but it wasn't shabby either and to be honest I think it was a pleasant change to the 'plastic fantastic' you get in so many hotels. Bathroom was a little tired but clean enough. Toilet had an irritating leak where every 30 minutes or so the cistern had to refill, but I kept the bathroom door shut and it was okay. The pools (there are 2 that I saw) looked enticing, but I didn't have time for a swim so can't comment further. Although there are certainly flashier places to stay in Broome, I think the Mercure was good for the money.

Hotel is an easy (but even at 7am hot and humid) 10-15 minute walk to the town centre. I had a very nice meal at Matso's Brewery which is only a 2 minute walk away. Try the Chilli Beer at your peril!

I went to Cable Beach on the 2nd night - which for your info is quite a distance away on the opposite side of the headland - so you'll need a car or a taxi to get there from the hotel. I enjoyed a camel ride, followed drinks at the Sunset Bar and a nice dinner at the Zoo Bar & Cafe.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Broome in the future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Had a very pleasant surprise that we were upgraded to 2 rooms at no extra cost ! Rooms were also kept cool for us when we arrived hot and bothered by the hot weather. Staff were helpful in directing us to another secure carpark when the other one if full. Also helpful in directions and tips around town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here and the team met your service expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Broome and your next visit is even better than the last!