“An Easter getaway in Broome”
Review of Mercure Broome

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Sydney, Australia
“An Easter getaway in Broome”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel is in an excellent spot with a bus stop for Cable Beach right outside, Town Beach just down the road, Matsos opposite and with its own pub. It is in walking distance to the visitor information centre, markets and open air cinema. Our room was very spacious and on the ground floor opening up onto the pool. Meals were good, and the pub was fun - especially Monday's trivia night. All the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear yarnellcj,

thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us in Broome. I'm really glad to hear that you liked it, and also that you found time for some fun at our Trivia night.

Thanks again for taking the time to pass on your feedback and we look forward to having you back at the Mercure Broome in the future.

See you soon!
Mercure Broome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here before and after an APT tour of the Kimberley. We were glad we didn't have to stay longer. Their prices are relatively high, though we appreciate that is par for the area. The hotel staff were uncaring and ambivalent. The only place to eat when we arrived late was the pub. The service in the pub was appalling, and the food was miserable. The hotel room was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JF&PM
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear JF&PM,

thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Mercure Broome. We do normally receive great feedback on our staff, so I am really concerned with your feedback and I certainly will be following up.

I trust you had a great journey on your APT tour, as the Kimberley is truly spectacular, especially at the end of the wet season.

Thank you again for you feedback.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my 1 year old boy while visiting family mid April.
First impression was good in the reception, got upgraded to a deluxe room (# 705) which seemed great.
Got into room, there was some sort of metal pieces/debri on the ground, the floor was dirty/dusty, found part of a hula hoop under the bed.
Air conditioner was noisy/rattled; as was the fridge. The icebox inside the fridge was in desperate need of a defrost, hardly fit the ice cube tray inside.
Shower was disgusting. Calcium build up on the screen (CLR would easily get that off) Brown grouting, I thought the tiles may have been stained, but as I rubbed my toe along the grout and the brown came off I realized it was in fact mould. Had to quickly grab my 1yo off the floor and try shower in my sandals while holding a very active little boy.
Tea cups/saucers were dirty, one of the glasses in the bathroom smelt like smoke.
Have just seen I've been charged $100 - have no idea why so thought I would definitely write my review of this motel! Feeling very annoyed after the state of the room.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank HannahP74
Dear HannahP74,

I am sincerley sorry to hear about your stay, and the standard of cleanliness you faced. Broome does have hard water, so calcium build up is always a challenge, however there is no excuse for general cleanliness; please allow me to express my sincere apologies. I will share you feedback with the team and together we will ensure this does not happen again.

I would be more than happy to discuss your feedback with you, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to do so.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns.
Patina Farnham

Travellers are raving about these Broome hotels

Katherine, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We recently had to stay here due to an issue with our flight being cancelled and to say I was disgusted with our room is an understatement!

We had actually been here for dinner the evening before, and while the decor was bland and 80's style flooring (what's the go with the paper tablecloths?) the food was lovely.

For our stay however, we arrived at 3.30am and your front reception staff did the best job they could when faced with over 50 very tired and grumpy visitors. We eventually were given our key and went to our room. We were given room 212 (or 211) and on entry to the room I wanted to turn back around and walk out. My hubby convinced me otherwise and I wish I had ignored him!! This was a standard room with a view to the pool near the restaurant.

The room was dark and dingy. Cobwebs were hanging down in the corners, only one lamp worked, there was no cold water in the fridge and the bed sheets were frayed and had blood spots on them. On entry to the bathroom, we found we could not shut the bathroom door as the strip of wood was falling off. The paint was peeling off the walls and there was mould all around the tiles of the shower. When we went to have a shower the water came out at a trickle. There was no cool air coming out of the aircon so hubby checked the filters and they were black with grime and probably hadn't been cleaned in at least a year. He then cleaned the one he could get out to try and get some airflow!

After our meal we had contemplated staying here next time when we return to broome (we are accor advantage plus members and have been for a few years), but after staying here - absolutely not!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rnrjay
Dear mrjay,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Broome. I am very sorry to hear about your stay, and also the circumstances surrounding your stay. I will follow up with the necessary teams to ensure the issues you raised are rectified.

I am pleased to see that the staff dealing with the delayed flight managed the situation well, and will pass on your kind feedback to them.

As Advantage Plus members we certainly would like you to return to the hotel when you are next in Broome. I would be happy for you to contact me directly at the hotel if you are returning to Broome and we can discuss any opportunities for you to return to the hotel.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Rosenheim, Germany
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here 2 nights in October 2012 after finishing work in the kimberlerys. In the 2 nights I had 2 different rooms, one was downstairs and was small and a bit noisy (walls very thin) but it was near the pool :). The other one was upstairs and it was bigger with a big bathroom and was much better than the first one. There is a big pool downstairs that I didn't use unfortunately but it looked very good. What I liked the best in the hotel was the breakfast. :P

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Monkehhh,

thanks so much for your lovely feedback on the Mercure Broome. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay, and your breakfast. We would love to have you back so you can get some time in the pool!

Thanks again for your feedback and we do look forward to having you back when you are next in Broome.

Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

we have just stayed at the Mercure Broome, thought it was a long way from town but was pleasantly surprised that it was a short 10 min walk from the main town centre, lovely park opposite, they have their own bottle shop and Irish pub right next door, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean and although the shower looks dated the rest of the bathroom is modern. The staff are extremely helpful and we really enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: ask to go into the multi storey part of the complex, they are newer and have views over the water an...