“Nice but expensive”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Fremantle
“Nice but expensive”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our room ( I think a Deluxe room) was very nice and large but the aircon was too loud to use and you have to run around in the shower to get wet.
The staff member who checked us in was great.
No breakfast included made me grumpy in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear EmPink

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner was noisy and the shower head not functioning properly. I will have maintenance check all the rooms to find the one that has the problem and rectify this.

I am also sorry that you were grumpy about breakfast not being included, I will ensure that the Front Office team advise this on check in so there are no surprises in the morning., we don't want guests to start the day that way.

I will also pass on your kind words regarding your check in to the front office staff, receiving compliments encourages them to continue to provide great services.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back the Mercure Broome.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in April 2014. The staff were always friendly and very helpful. The accommodation in the older section is tired and needs to have a major upgrade to bring it in line with what you would expect from a Mercure hotel/motel. After our first night we arranged an upgrade to the newer section which was better but the overall cleanliness was not at what we class as a good standard. When we asked questions regarding items that were either out of order or missing we got the common answer of we are working on that at present or it will be ugraded in the future.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book in the new section . Avoid the older section at the front as everyone walks p...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Russell

Thank you for your review.

I will pass your comments on to our staff regarding being friendly and helpful.

I have spoken to our housekeeping department to ensure that they continue to ensure that the rooms are maintained to the highest standard.

We look forward to seeing you again

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fantastic hotel. If you like to have holidays and just like to stay over for a few nights to explore Broome this hotel is great. We got upgraded to a deluxe room straight next to the pool and we loved it. Cleanness was average but the hotel had Everything we needed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear EstherS

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mercure Broome. Broome is a wonderful place to visit and live.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Karen
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed almost a week in one of the newer rooms. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but I do have mixed feelings about this hotel. On the upside, the staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel most welcome. The pools were great, and our room was reasonable. The access to town and restaurants was great and the court house markets just down the road. I also liked the later check out at 11am. The downsides were that, as per previous reviews, the room could have been in better condition; it wasn't quite as clean as it could be and items in the room required maintenance. There was also an incident in the middle of the night where drunken guests escalated an argument into a fight; not at all the hotels fault, but the problem was that the pre-programmed phone numbers on the phone did not actually connect with reception, and there were no obvious instructions as to what number to call apart from a business style card left on a table with "Are you happy" printed on one side which I had yet to turn over. It turns out there was a mobile contact on the other side. I looked up the number for reception on my mobile phone and rang it to have it go to message bank twice; once this happened and the situation outside had escalated I rang the local police and requested their attendance instead.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne B
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Joanne B

Thank you for your review of Mercure Broome.

Let me apologise for the telephone problem and asure that we found the problem with the phone and it was corrected immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Broome.

Kind Regards
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent two nights here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Room was a typical hotel room and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The aircon and fridge were quiet. In the evening we were happy to turn the aircon off and just have a fan on. We ate both nights in the restaurant and the meals were very good.

Also the hotel was an easy walking to China Town (20-30 min) this has some great dress shops, souvenirs and beautiful pearls of course and plenty of places to eat. However if you're not up to walking due to the heat the bus stop is right outside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank godive123
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Godvie123

Thank you for your review of Mercure Broome.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and will pass on your comments to the Chef and his team regarding the meals that you enjoyed here.

I agree we are in a perfect location to be able to access Broome by foot or bus.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Broome soon.

Kind regards

Kariong, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We had the weekend here having stayed on previous occasions.
Check in experience was good but check out was a different story, not a good experience.
The room itself was dirty, lots of cobwebs throughout the room & mould in the bathroom, obviously nobody checks on the work of the housekeepers.
We have stayed at other Mercure properties & none are as bad as this one. Maybe the Accor management should take a close look at this property.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank away-from-home-2250
Dear Adrian C

Thank your for your review and like you, I'm disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Mercure Broome.

I would like to apologise for the cleanliness of the room and have spoken to the Housekeeping staff regarding, this and have put more procedures into place to prevent another guest having the same experience.

I wouild like to speak to you regarding you stay. I will give you a call on the phone number that we have for you.

Once again please accept my apologies and we would like to see you return to Mercure Broome and have an experience you can remember for all the right reasons.

Regards
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Broome hotels

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have paid $207 per night for a studio unit, which is tired and scruffy. Two teabags only and no fresh milk. A clock radio that wont work, power plugs which wont take three pronged plugs. Lots of marks on the floor which should wash off. The bathroom also dirty and not wiped down properly. When I enquired for fresh milk, was told only long lasting milk available and too late to go to the supermarket. Room service is now served in bio degradable takeaway containers with plastic cutlery stating "just like the home feel". Sorry but I dont use take away containers at home and can not believe this is less economical than china plates and stainless steel cutlery. The meal was luke warm, no dressing for the salad and the desert looked like it was stale and old. Really disappointing and if I hadnt pre-paid through wotif, I would be cancelling the next two nights and going else where.

Room Tip: Shop around - I had stayed here a year ago but will not be back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine G
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Christine G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Mercure Broome. I am very sorry to hear about your stay. I will share your concerns with our team so we can address the issues you have raised and ensure other guests do not have the same experience.

If you would like to discuss your feedback directly with me I would be more than happy to speak with you, and can be contacted at the hotel via email of phone.

Kind Regards