“Peace & Comfort”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Sydney
“Peace & Comfort”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just came home from a week in Broome staying at the Mercure Broome and I could not fault the place at all. The privilege room we had was quiet, very clean and had beautiful views over the Roebuck Bay and Bedford Park. Room was serviced daily by very polite staff and nothing was a problem for them.
Restaurant fare was not fancy but meals very nice and tasty.
We had a room on the top floor in the new building.

Room Tip: Top floor at the front in the new building and you get a great view and very quiet.
1 Thank Lorraine M
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Lorraine M,

thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your stay in Broome. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and our Privilege room.

I do hope we have the chance of seeing you in Broome again in the future.

Patina Farnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently stayed at the Mercure Hotel in Broome and was not impressed. On arrival we were informed our travel agent had cancelled our booking, but they would find us something. After we spoke with our agent we found out he had not cancelled and he asked to speak with the reception at the hotel, which they declined. NOT OFF TO A GOOD START.
We had requested a superior room upstairs with a view, but were given a superior room on the ground floor overlooking the carpark. Cars parked less than one metre from our outdoor sitting area. Also opposite the driveway gate that was very noisy & operated all day & night. The day manager did come with a bottle of wine to appease us and admitted the hotel was at fault. Also the flywire door did not work properly and took two visits to reception to have it fixed. In addition flywire doors do not lock. Room was of very dark and of a poor standard. Varnish on fittings was peeling and lots of dust under the couch and bed.

Room Tip: Ensure you get an upstairs room preferably overlooking Roebuck Bay.
1 Thank Col A
Dear Col A

thank you for sharing you feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay, and will follow up with the staff regarding the points that you raised.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us at the Mercure in the future.
Patina Farnham

Travellers are raving about these Broome hotels

Canberra
Reviewed 28 July 2014

During a transcontinental motorcycle tour, I stayed for two nights at the Mercure Broome (14-16 April, 2014). My experience there was one of the best during the entire 48 days of travel. Although I had booked a Standard Room through the Broome Visitor Centre only on the day of my arrival, I was given a Privilege Room on check-in - an unexpected and most pleasant surprise. My allocated room (816) on the second floor was, in my opinion, stylish and very comfortable. It also had a balcony overlooking Roebuck Bay and Park. Moreover, the room was very clean and had all the mod cons expected at this level. The list of goodies included: free internet, bathrobes, slippers, gourmet tea and coffee selection (incl. coffee maker), iPod dock, chocolate and mineral water. As for the staff, the ones I dealt with were courteous and very helpful. I absolutely adored the large pool which seemed always empty\(bliss!). There were only a handful of other guests during my stay, a contributing factor for the much appreciated quietness of the place (the tourist season had just begun). I paid AUD $418.00 for two nights which, in my opinion, is absolutely fine for a Privilege Room. I never ate at the hotel and opted instead to walk to town for all my meals. The 15-20 minute walk along Hamersley Street passes the Broome Regional Prison. However, this low-level structure blends almost neatly in the surrounding land and streetscape and may possibly go unnoticed by the average tourist. In summary: based on my experience, the Mercure Broome is a fantastic base to explore the many attractions Broome has to offer. Managers of some other hotels in the Accor chain take note: you definitely could learn a thing or two from your Broome and Alice Springs colleagues (see my other reviews).

Room Tip: Ask to see a variety of rooms before finalising check-in
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Thilo K,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share with the team here in Broome. I can only imagine what an amazing adventure travelling around Australia on a motorcycle must have been, and I am delighted that we got to be a part of it.

Thank you again for your kind words and it is our hope that we will see you again in the future.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

No bath . shower large but only one head that only dribbles water. park and highway and customer automated car gate outside our room was very noisy. food: absolutely fowl. $27.00 x two for a 12 dollar take away meal in a plastic take away container that tastes like rubbish..
Pool : absolutely freezing; with all the sun available there is no excuse for not being solar heated. black mold in shower.

Room Tip: you have to ask cleaners for" included drinks' for the fridge.
Dear Belinda A,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Broome. I am very sorry to hear about your stay and the issues that you raised. I will be following up with the relevant teams to ensure these concerns are addressed.

Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and it is our hope that you can return to the hotel in the future.

Adelaide Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A large complex and can be a little confusing to negotiate at first, but they do provide a map. Very clean and comfortable rooms, with tea and coffee making facilities, and a fridge. Beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. A big flat screen TV with lots of free cable and free to air channels.
Good big bathroom, with a huge shower with good pressure. Very quiet and relaxing place to stay. 2 pools, and the one by the restaurant is huge.The staff were very friendly and smiling, making a nice experience.
Enjoyed good food in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner, went out of their way preparing vegetarian food for me, which makes a change.A 20 minute walk brings you into the mall in the centre of town

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Lee K,

thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. I was particularly pleased to hear about the chef's accommodating your vegetarian needs as accommodating our guests individual needs is something that we do pride ourselves on.

I will share your kind feedback with the team as I know this will encourage them to continue the great service they provide.

Thanks again Lee K, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Broome.
Broome
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Firstly I would like to say the majority of the staff were fantastic and the buffet breakfast was great too, but everything else about the mercure was very average. The bathroom was covered in mould. The walls in the room had animal feaces marks on them. The bed was old and lumpy and the pillows smelt musty. The rooms where very poorly serviced. I had to ask for clean sheets and towels at reception(we stayed 8 nights.) Do Not eat from the restaurant or Murphy's Bar the food is terrible. I ordered meals from both places and had to send both meals back. One was covered in old deep fryer oil and the other looked like it had been sitting under the pass for an hour. I got my money back once and for the other meal I was sent out undercooked crunchy pasta in a meat sauce ( I only ate the pasta as I was starving.) Every morning at 5:45am we had loads of noisey foot traffic going past our room and we could hear the room next door's tv all night. I'm glad we got the room heavily discounted. Out of all the Accor hotels that we have stayed at around the world I would have to say this is by far the worst. Management really need to get this hotel back up to standards as your letting the Accor group down with what is going on at the mercure Broome. From the reviews that I have read below it's clear that the issues that I have had are already known to management as many other people have complained about the same things. I'm sorry I couldn't have better things to say.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Tanz1989
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Tanz1989

Thank your for taking your time to write a review for Mercure Broome.

I sincerley apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to the apropriate Managers to ensure that the issues are rectified.

Kind regards
Karen
Mildura, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our room was on the third floor, spacious, clean, modern and simple. Included in the rather expensive price was free internet however there is definitely no WiFi available in most of these rooms. It was a bit embarrassing how the various staff kept trying to make up excuses about why we couldn't get any WiFi.

Room Tip: Can't vouch for the other rooms but the privilege room was fantastic.
Dear DeborahMildura

Thank you for your comments regarding you stay at Mercure Broome.

My apologies regarding the WiFi we are currently sourcing alternatives to our current system to enable better access for all guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Karen Gibson