“Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Broome

Mercure Broome
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Broome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Perth
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was cheap and cheerful. Friendly staff both reception and housekeeping. The rooms are clean and had everything we required for the price. We were offered a late checkout to 12pm (instead of 10am) but anything longer than that was $50 per hour so we booked the room for another night as it worked out cheaper and checked out at 6.30pm.
The pool was clean and refreshingly cold....if I had suggestion it would be to remove at least one of the shade sails as there wasn't a lot of sunshine coming through.
Room service is only available from 6pm to 8pm. They have all the TV channels plus 2 "latest release" movie channels included in the room hire.
I would stay here again for a quick trip... if I was staying longer I'd probably find something roomier and with more facilities(fully equipped kitchen, living room etc) but then I'd be paying a lot more for that too.

Room Tip: Our ground level room overlooked the carpark. Request a room up a level.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Karen_FOM, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear MsJess4444

Thank you for your reveiw of your stay with us> I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on regarding the pool to our maintenance team, to see what we can do to let the sunshine in.

We look forwarsd to seeing you again soon

Regards
Karen
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at Mercure for 6 nights, upon request on check in I was upgraded to a Privilege Room on the 2nd Floor. This room was clean, and spacious and had a great view of the bay.

I would recommend these rooms as I could understand some people being somewhat upset with a view of a car or another wall.

The staff on reception were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Housekeeping were generally ok, some days a bit hit and miss with regards to stocking up on tea/ milk etc, on the one day that i had no bath towels, they were quickly sent to my room. But in saying that the room was clean. It is a bonus to be able to have the hire car locked away for the night at no charge.

There is no free Wifi, which could be an issue for some. I did'nt want to pay the extra so I made do without.

I really enjoyed my stay here i felt comfortable, safe and welcomed and i would recommend and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a Privilege Room on 2nd Floor facing the Bay otherwise some rooms might have views of car pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Karen_FOM, Front Office Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Lainey007

Thank you for your review on your stay at Mercure Broome.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had the treat of the upgrade to the Privilege room.

We hope to see you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Broome.

Karen Gibson
Front Office Manager
Sydney
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just came home from a week in Broome staying at the Mercure Broome and I could not fault the place at all. The privilege room we had was quiet, very clean and had beautiful views over the Roebuck Bay and Bedford Park. Room was serviced daily by very polite staff and nothing was a problem for them.
Restaurant fare was not fancy but meals very nice and tasty.
We had a room on the top floor in the new building.

Room Tip: Top floor at the front in the new building and you get a great view and very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine M
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Lorraine M,

thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your stay in Broome. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and our Privilege room.

I do hope we have the chance of seeing you in Broome again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently stayed at the Mercure Hotel in Broome and was not impressed. On arrival we were informed our travel agent had cancelled our booking, but they would find us something. After we spoke with our agent we found out he had not cancelled and he asked to speak with the reception at the hotel, which they declined. NOT OFF TO A GOOD START.
We had requested a superior room upstairs with a view, but were given a superior room on the ground floor overlooking the carpark. Cars parked less than one metre from our outdoor sitting area. Also opposite the driveway gate that was very noisy & operated all day & night. The day manager did come with a bottle of wine to appease us and admitted the hotel was at fault. Also the flywire door did not work properly and took two visits to reception to have it fixed. In addition flywire doors do not lock. Room was of very dark and of a poor standard. Varnish on fittings was peeling and lots of dust under the couch and bed.

Room Tip: Ensure you get an upstairs room preferably overlooking Roebuck Bay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Col A
Dear Col A

thank you for sharing you feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay, and will follow up with the staff regarding the points that you raised.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us at the Mercure in the future.
Patina Farnham

Travellers are raving about these Broome hotels

Canberra
Reviewed 28 July 2014

During a transcontinental motorcycle tour, I stayed for two nights at the Mercure Broome (14-16 April, 2014). My experience there was one of the best during the entire 48 days of travel. Although I had booked a Standard Room through the Broome Visitor Centre only on the day of my arrival, I was given a Privilege Room on check-in - an unexpected and most pleasant surprise. My allocated room (816) on the second floor was, in my opinion, stylish and very comfortable. It also had a balcony overlooking Roebuck Bay and Park. Moreover, the room was very clean and had all the mod cons expected at this level. The list of goodies included: free internet, bathrobes, slippers, gourmet tea and coffee selection (incl. coffee maker), iPod dock, chocolate and mineral water. As for the staff, the ones I dealt with were courteous and very helpful. I absolutely adored the large pool which seemed always empty\(bliss!). There were only a handful of other guests during my stay, a contributing factor for the much appreciated quietness of the place (the tourist season had just begun). I paid AUD $418.00 for two nights which, in my opinion, is absolutely fine for a Privilege Room. I never ate at the hotel and opted instead to walk to town for all my meals. The 15-20 minute walk along Hamersley Street passes the Broome Regional Prison. However, this low-level structure blends almost neatly in the surrounding land and streetscape and may possibly go unnoticed by the average tourist. In summary: based on my experience, the Mercure Broome is a fantastic base to explore the many attractions Broome has to offer. Managers of some other hotels in the Accor chain take note: you definitely could learn a thing or two from your Broome and Alice Springs colleagues (see my other reviews).

Room Tip: Ask to see a variety of rooms before finalising check-in
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Thilo K,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share with the team here in Broome. I can only imagine what an amazing adventure travelling around Australia on a motorcycle must have been, and I am delighted that we got to be a part of it.

Thank you again for your kind words and it is our hope that we will see you again in the future.