“Worst Hostel in Australia”

Broome's Last Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broome
Broome's Last Resort
Ranked #26 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Broome
Broome
“Worst Hostel in Australia”
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Worst hostel in all Australia (and we've seen alot!)
Staff are unbelievably rude, Rooms are hot and dark.
Have to pay for air-con.
Bathrooms were aweful, dirty, locks on most doors of toilets showers etc were broken and the doors opened outwards.
Small common area.
Make this Hostel your very last resort!!!

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MB33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2004

The resort is located a comfortable 7 minute walk from the airport. It is also close to the town centre and within 200 meters you have access to food facilities and the weekend markets.

In the ten days that I was there, I only went out three times to pubs/nightclubs and spent the rest of my evenings in the resort. It is licensed with reasonably priced drinks and regular happy hours in the evenings. Travellers from other backpacker Hostels came to our resort in the evenings as it was friendly, well priced drinks and fun.

While I was there, we had two mystery tours through Broome provided by Paul the owner, which I valued at $65 each in accordance with brochures from the various tour companies. We also had two free BBQs.

The resort is not too big so you get to meet most of the travellers staying there.

I met a divergence of travellers from different age groups and trades/professions. I discovered that some travellers have stayed there long term (a few months) whilst travelling through the region or working within Broome. Being in my mid 30's I could have stayed easily for another week. Throughout my time there, I never heard anything negative about the resort from any traveller, regardless of their age-group.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2004

You go to Broome for Cable Beach. And maybe some pearl-related history.
Not to have the best time of your trip around Oz. But that's what happened to me. If you stay a couple of nights, then it could seem just like any other hostel. Perhaps a little bit out of the way even. But keep yourself involved for any length of time, and it starts to get under your skin. Big Pauly will abuse you. You will find yourself settled at the bar night after night, chatting away, sinking a few games of pool. And by day, if you don't make it to the tranquil waters of Cable beach, you can sway away the day in the poolside hammocks, with occasional trips to the shops when completely necessary.

Not for everyone perhaps, but if you are of the chilling mindset, then this will do very nicely.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member