“A hostel for those of you that like to party”
Review of Kimberley Klub

Kimberley Klub
Ranked #24 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Broome
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed here in the Sept and in a double room. The room looked really nice and clean. The staff were friendly enough except a French (I think) member of staff who was more interested on talking to his friends and texting on his phone than serve customers.

The kitchen needs to be bigger as there isn't enough room to swing a cat in and the gas top cookers need to be improved as it took 30 minutes to cook pasta.

The only problem we had was that in the bedrooms you had to pay $1 to start the a/c. Not sure how long the a/c would last for but when you are paying over $100 per night to stay there you would think it would be free!

Walls in our bedroom were a bit thin as we could hear the people behind us enjoying there room but to be fair thats not really the hostels fault.

The bathrooms were not in a good condition. There was a build up of dirt in the showers and the whole hostel needs a good scrub.

The bar can be a bit noisy at night but it is good that they tell everyone to be quiet at 11pm.

The location is a bit far from town when it is hot but is a great location from the airport. In fact we just walked from the airport and it only took about 5 minutes.

All in all the hostel could do with a few minor improvements and would properly recommend it for anyone between the ages on 18-30.

Room Tip: Chose a double room. Its as far away from the bar as you can get
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I booked in for 2 night's after riding my bicycle from Darwin. I struggled to drag the reception person away from the tv in the bar to check in and no suitable storage space was available.
The dorm I was in looked like a bomb had hit it. there were clothes and crap strewn everywhere and the smell was appalling. None of the 6 lockers were empty. The curtains in the room looked like they were straight from the tip and covered an inadequate amount of the window.
I'm no prude but being on a top bunk whilst there are two people in the bunk below is not my cup of tea. In the morning it was clear that this was not the only bed sleeping two people in this room.
I lasted one night in this pig sty before I checked into a hotel.
I have good things to say about YHA hostels, but the Kimberley Klub is an exception. I would not recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Esky10
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Forgot how bad some backpackers can be, and this would be up there with the worst. Tiny rooms, huge prices, no wall thickness between rooms, plan old bad...but then again, if you're a backpacker....Chances are you'll Love it.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arcticozzie
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed two nights in a 6-male bed dorm at the YHA in Broome (also known as the Kimberley Klub). To reach the hostel, it was just an easy 15-minute walk from the Greyhound Bus stop located right next to the Visitor Centre.

Check-in was easy and quick; each guest has to pay a $10 key deposit, which is refunded when checking out. My room had three bunk beds, sleeping six fellows, but only four beds were occupied counting a new friend and I who had just checked into our second floor room.

The hostel has a wonderful and very beautiful swimming pool that few of the guests used while I was there. I don't know why because it was very, very nice. I used it just once; there's so much to do and see in Broome.

In general, the hostel was clean, although most of the fellows in my room were slobs; their backpacks, suitcases, clothes and computer wires were thrown everywhere, including atop my bunk bed.

There were ample showers and toilets during my stay; the hostel was not very crowded, which I appreciated. There was also a laundry and a nice place to hang one's clothes, which dried very quickly in the hot Broome sun.

There was a large TV lounge with lots of cushy sofas and chairs in which to relax, but the fooseball game was adjacent to it, so it was difficult to concentrate on watching television.

The hostel has a nice licensed bar, which i didn't use. Guests are not allowed to bring in alcoholic drinks from the outside. The penalty for disobeying this strict rule is immediate eviction with no refunds, but I saw nobody violating this regulation. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the hoste; howeve, I did see one fellow breaking the rule.

Check-out is at 9:30 am, but one can store luggage for free in large lockers next to the kitchen on the first floor.

I enjoyed my short stay at this hostel, although it can be a noisy place, especially in the evening. But after 11:00 pm, the place quiets down, and guests can sleep in peace.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Cyclopath43
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

Wonderful swimming pool and bar, big kitchen with bbq, clean shared bathrooms and lovely private rooms with so many pillows!
The best is to go at the airport just walking few minutes...................

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very welcoming, friendly and homely.
Rooms are big and well cleaned. 30 seconds from the airport. free bus to the beach.
Everything perfect!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Francesco Z
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Very nice hostel. Pricy but what isn't in Australia.

I stayed in the KK for nearly 2 weeks and had a great time. The staff is very friendly, welcoming and helpful; the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. I stayed (as recommended by a friend) in a 12 bed dorm, which was very spacious. To mention is that one "block" consists of 3 rooms, one 12 bed and two 6 bed dorms and the walls inbetween those rooms are not all the way up to the ceiling so that you still hear the noises from the other dorms. However, when I was there it was relatively quiet, the night security guards are having an eye (and ear) around and enforce the quiet times from 11pm - (they kick people out who disobey). If there is noise or parties going on it most likely comes from a neighbouring property (twice while I was there).
The kitchen is huge with lots of fridge space and shelves and there a few BBQs for use as well outside in the patio. Lots of sitting areas, a TV and a inhouse bar, a pool and a beach volleyball field.
It is a 15 minute walk into the town centre and 10 minutes to a shopping mall and the hostel offers discounted bus tickets and a free shuttle bus to cable beach.

I enjoyed my stay very much and just want to say thanks to the staff!

Room Tip: The 12 bed dorms are more spacious than the 6 bed dorms!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo