“Rude staff, too many insects.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Kimberley Klub

Kimberley Klub
Ranked #17 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Broome
Seoul, South Korea
“Rude staff, too many insects.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Staffs were too rude and the kitchen was dirty, price is not that cheap but have to pay for the air conditioner plus the weather is terribly hot in Broome, the hostel has many ridiculous rules and crazy about making money from the bar so the backpackers are not allowed to bring any alcohol from the outside, most hostels have wifi nowadays but you need to still pay for it any hostel in Australia. Crazy teenagers had sex every night in dormitories plus all the beds are two story beds.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mm2458609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
darwin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and that's all I needed, stayed in a private room, which consisted of a bed & bunk, one PowerPoint, noisy fan, fridge and air con that you had to pay $1 for 3 hours, in all the travels Ive done I have never had to pay for the air con before. The bathrooms downstairs were under construction.so the toilets upstairs and the ones at the bar were the only option. The rooms were paper thin and I could hear every noise my neighbours made, I woke tired, grumpy and with very limited,broken sleep. The curtains didnt cover the windows completely and I used a chair to hold them in place for privacy. For the same amount of the private room and air con costs I found a hotel that offered a lot more with own ensuite,tv, air con, and quiet fans.the breakfast appeared to be no brand cereal and toast. I skipped on this option and bought my own. If your going to stay in a hostel go to cable beach.going to book a double? check online first for a better deal. No I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lazysundaze

Travellers are raving about these Broome hotels

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This hostel has a great atmosphere and the layout means it very easy to meet people. Drinks in the bar are cheap with fab happy hour. The location is good if you want to go out on a night out. Staff were very friendly and helpful :-)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kat_de4n
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Kimberley Klub has a very special atmosphere. There are plants everywhere and the layout is very open, bright and airy. I really enjoyed my time there and would recommand staying in this hostel. I have tried two other hostels in Broome and the KK is by far the best!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank InaElliot
Dungloe, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I loved this hostel, I lived here for over 2 months and had visited it many times before as I lived in neighbouring towns and when we had time off work we'd visit Broome. I stayed in loads of different rooms here. The rooms are fine and you have lockers, all the rooms are connected by an open ceiling and for all the time i stayed here I never had any problems with people being loud in other rooms. The living area is great and comfortable. The kitchen has all it needs and it cleaned every day by staff and thats not to say it's always spotless, like with every other hostel people cook and sometimes don't clean up after themselves but you have to hand in your room key to get pots and pans and once they're used, cleaned and sent back you'd get your key back which is proper order because then you know what you're using is clean! Never had I heard of anyone's food or anything else going missing so it's safe. I loved the pool and especially when your hungover or it's just so hot it's brilliant to cool down, my gang spent many days in here enjoying ourselves with silly little ball games. The hostel has a free bus that takes you to the woolies or to Cable beach and that runs several times a day which is great. I got along with staff as I was there for so long and you get to know some of them they were all lovely people and some backpackers just like you. They have a bar in the hostel so it's strictly forbidden to bring drink in, I seen some long timers being asked to leave because of this. Broome is such a chilled out town and I think there's no better place to chill than the KK. Watch though because once you're in Broome you get stuck there, it happens to everyone but there's no better place to be, I'd be back if I could!

Room Tip: If deciding between a 6 bed or 12 go for the 12 if you're staying a while, you'll get to kno...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here one night on a recent trip to Broome. I was in a dorm room. While I slept well (due to being exhausted on arrival), I felt sorry for everyone else in the dorms rooms. I had set my alarm for 6am as I was heading on a 12 day tour in the morning being picked up at 7am. Rather than just waking those in my room, due to the open concept roofs, I think I probably woke up every person staying in the dorm rooms! Sorry folks.

Found everyone to be very clique. There were lots of people staying here relatively long term and no one seemed to want to enter into conversation with newbies.

Location handy for airport (you can walk) but not handy for ether Broome or Cable Beach.

I wouldn't stay here again. Stayed at another hostel on the same trip and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SarahS4
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Traveled almost every continent and several countries, dealt with A LOT of terrible hostels, but this one takes the cake.

The staff are the main issue, very hostel, power hungry and bullies. They tried to kick out anyone who had an issue with the level of noise or problem with facilities. Not making this up, they literally took the opposite direction to correcting the problem. They went after those complaining.

Facilities also are not good, and most of the rooms have open concept roofs so that if you think your room is nice and quiet, its not. Its connected to all the other rooms and it only takes one person to wake EVERYONE up.

Just avoid all of this and stay somewhere else :)

Room Tip: private rooms didnt help.. anyone talking loudly can be heard through the entire quad style complex.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo