“Good value and very comfortable, but not perfect.”

Broome Time Accommodation
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Broome
Melbourne
“Good value and very comfortable, but not perfect.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was actually good value for money, relative to the offerings you can usually expect up in this corner of Australia. Then again, I booked through an accommodation aggregator website, so maybe I got a special? I’m not sure, but I think it was around the $150 mark.

It’s self-catering, which is always a plus and the room and facilities were very modern and tastefully decorated. My room had French doors opening to a semi-private alfresco area. The bed was a king size and very comfortable. The air con worked quietly and efficiently. The free WI-FI worked well. Although the room was clean, the alfresco area was not; there were several cigarette butts under the table and the pavement could have used a good sweep anyway. The staff were pleasant and helpful. If I ever return to Broome, I’d happily stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Brad S, General Manager at Broome Time Accommodation, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi Vaughan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Broome-Time Lodge is certainly one of the more affordable properties in Broome. We are very pleased with the recent refurbishments and believe our King rooms are modern and well appointed.

I was saddened to read that your stay with us was not to our normal high standards as you found our pavement to be unclean. Please accept my sincere apologies.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Broome-Time Lodge when you are next in need of a Broome holiday.

Brad Symons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This well priced affordable fairly basic self contained accomodation did not let me down. Firstly, the staff at reception are very friendly and helpful, typical of the locals that I met! We arrived early (10am) exhausted from our Rowley Shoals dive trip (and crazy wild night at sea for our return trip). Our booked room was not available at that time but staff went out of their way to find another room, which was an upgrade, so we managed to check in immediately (room 53). Much appreciated in our messy state!

The room was very cool (air con on), with cold water in the fridge, plenty of tea and coffee, and breakfast packs included in the deal. It was reasonably spacious, with opening front doors onto the lawn area (but still private) which was great to relax in the cool of the evening with chilled white wine and that famous Broome threadfin salmon!

The room was clean and tidy (apart from the bathroom tiles which need a thorough clean to remove soap scum and some mould). Large TV and built in DVD (and free DVD hire from Office). It was very quiet and peaceful, however our room (53) was furtherest from the pool (which was well used by kids). I am unsure how noisy the other rooms over looking the pool would be.

The pool and BBQ area was clean and tidy. We didn't swim in the pool so I dont know how refreshing it was (I suspect the water was a bit warm). There was a clean laundry on site ($3 a wash) and clothes line/pegs for use).

The accomodation is close to the airport (therefore not very close to beaches or China town) so you will will need either your own transport or taxi's to access shops and the beach. After booking a car, we were sorry we didn't go down the scooter hire option - it looked like more fun!

All up, for the price, I was pleased and would recommend this as a peaceful pleasant place to stay on a mid sized budget. Its not the Cable Beach Resort - but then, you are not paying the same $$!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from pool area if you want some quiet time.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brad S, General Manager at Broome Time Accommodation, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hi ceallach62,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Broome-Time Lodge. It’s great to hear that you found our property to be peaceful and affordable.

It’s wonderful that you had the time to make the most of our facilities – enjoying our free DVD hire, free use BBQ’s, on-site guest laundry and our lovely garden area.

Since your stay we have had all of our King Studio bathroom tiles professionally cleaned and re grouted to remove staining – they look as new again.

Please advise me of your next stay so I can once again offer you a free upgrade and offer you our return guest discount.

port macquarie
Reviewed 3 November 2013

It had been two years since staying here and was met by the amazing and genuine caring staff particularily Melissa. No request or query is too much, the comfort of your stay is of the utmost importance, you immediately feel comfortable and genuinally cared for.
The facilities are great, location perfect with bus stops outside to take you and return you from most locations in Broome .A shopping centre a 10 minute walk ,or a bus ride.
The shop on site is well stocked with precooked meals of the highest quality available.
The Broome swimming pool across the road ...everything you need...Do yourself a favour do not miss the "Broome time Lodge" experience !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi Kerry,

I am delighted to read that the Broome-Time Lodge team made you feel ‘at home’. Our team pride themselves on genuine and caring service I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

I agree, we have great facilities around us – The Boulevard Shopping Centre located just a short 10 minute walk away and the Broome Recreation and Aquatic Centre just opposite our property.

Thank you for your wonderful review, it was a pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Broome-Time Lodge.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Very happy with my stay here. Great price, Massive rooms. Facilities and room amenities very well looked after. Pool was very nice. Great location, Close but not too close to town. The staff were absolutely fantastic, Friendly and very helpful. Especially Dani. Broome itself is very nice and I had a good nights sleep every night.
I work in tourism and I usually disappointed, but not this time.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LoveToDrive1977
Brad S, General Manager at Broome Time Accommodation, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Hi LoveToDrive1977,

I am delighted that you have taken the time to recognise one of our team members Dani. We are lucky to have great staff that genuinely enjoy their roles.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Having lived in Darwin and getting used to the meaning of N.T. Not northern Territory but Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Thursday, you get the idea., I was interested to learn of 'Broome Time'. On arrival I was very impressed that the girl on reception welcomed me by my name and was very bright and bubbly. The experience continued to be very friendly. The availability of 'heat and serve' meals was good after a long day on the road. Avery nice place to stay. Pity I didn't have longer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank McZer0
Hi McZer0,

I am very glad that the Broome-Time Lodge team could make your first trip to Broome a memorable one.

I agree, our on-site store with ‘heat and eat’ meals is very convenient when arriving into Broome after a long trip.

Hopefully you can make your stay a little longer on your next visit to Broome.

Derby, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Rooms were clean & tidy, lovely gardens, great service, quiet. No complaints. Had heard this budget accomm can attract large, noisy groups but that certainly was not our experience.
The gentleman on duty was extremely helpful and polite. Despite being right near a main road, it was incredibly quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Beffyk,

Thank you for posting this positive review about your recent stay with us.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Broome-Time Lodge and enjoyed our lovely gardens.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The Broome-time lodge was great value compared with a lot of other rentals / hotels in Broome. It was clean, spacious, well-equipped and a relaxing place to be. The pool area was lovely and the small shop well equipped with the basic essentials. The only potential down-side is its location. It is not central and is situated between the Cable Beach and Broome town areas. Having said this, the bus service is regular and reliable and if you rent a car the location will not be N issue. In fairness to the management, the location is clearly given so the lodge should not be graded down for this reason.

The staff were all really helpful, friendly and generally lovely. Even when we had some slightly bizarre requests: eg to borrow a scissors, pliers etc etc!

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hi HPT21,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience and highlight your positive thoughts on our clean, well equipped and spacious rooms.

I am thrilled that we were able to accommodate all of your requests

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Broome-Time Lodge the next time you visit Broome. Remember to advise us you are a return guest so that we can extend the return guest discount to you.