“Great pool but no bar or restaurant.”

Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This is a great place to sty at Cable beach Broome. The rooms are well supplied and the pool area is delightful. The water is clean and the outlook is lovely.The rooms are only cleaned every few days.. The grounds are beautiful. The only draw back is the lack of a bar or restaurant. There is a bus stop for the town bus just outside the hotel for people without a car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our rooms to be well suited to your needs and you were able to take full advantage of our beautiful lagoon pools. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful lush property and it’s great that you were able to enjoy the tropical outlook. Our restaurant is open for breakfast daily and we do have a delicious A la carte menu on offer to our guests, the dinner and bar service is expected to begin within the coming months and we do apologise that this wasn't available to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at the Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary and I did not really have a complaint at all. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with a balcony overlooking the pool and a lovely tree. I enjoyed spending time lying on the comfortable sun lounge on the balcony.

The apartment had a kitchen which saved money on eating out 24/7 and the laundry in the bathroom was convenient. I had left dishes on the sink and room service even dried them and put them away. I was happy with the service and cleanliness of the apartment. We had 2 air conditioners that worked fine and lots of tv channels to watch either in the bedroom or lounge. We made use of the BBQ and the pool facilities were great too.

Location wise was good as we had a hire car so it was a 2 minute drive to cable beach. The staff were polite and professional. We got a good deal so it was a bargain!

I enjoyed my stay here and despite reading some negative reviews I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank CaitlinWAu
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you could relax on your balcony. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed 5 nights in a one bedroom apartment overlooking the awesome pool. The room was fully serviced with everything you need. This was great, we cooked most nights and did our own washing and saved enough money to do almost every tourist attraction in Broome. Highly recommended this paradise in Broome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort. It is great to read that you enjoyed your five night stay with us and felt your apartment had everything you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Room backed onto the road and was spacious and modern but pretty basic, the bathroom was a little tired and there really wasnt a lot to write home about. Modern and average, not sure i would return as there isnt anything special although the pools were ok.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. We are disappointed that you found the resort to be of average standard. Over the coming months we will be conducting further upgrades to improve and enhance the property and will also be upgrading and refurbishing the apartment interiors. I am pleased to read that you found the apartments to be modern and clean and that you were able to enjoy our lagoon style pools. Hopefully we can welcome you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary again.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel.We have five children including a baby and toddler.The 3bdr plunge apartment we were given upon arrival seemed comfortable enough although shabby and mud on the alfresco tiles and lots of handprints on the glass doors.I overlooked this but was upset when the air con in the main living area did not work and it was 37C outside.Upon our insistence we were shifted the next day to a similar apartment.Here the power kept tripping out and the fridge leaked water from the freezer into the main compartment showering and spoiling our food.My daughter's bed got wet during the night from a leaky air conditioner.Concerned that we may get sick from the fridge issues I either wanted to check out or be given a different room.Decided on the latter.Next room was better but pool was filled with leaves and watermelon pips.Was rectified once requested.
The staff at the resort were lovely and helpful.Upon my insistence we were given a refund for some nights and food vouchers.I stayed there a number of years ago when it first opened.It is now a shadow of its former self.We also got swooped by magpies.There is a nest near the front entrance which is being fostered by staff.
There is a serious lack of maintenance and supervision of housekeeping.My daughter's shoes were thrown into the bin and had to be retrieved.The staff are happy to rectify things once that are pointed out.It is not my job to point it out.I am on holidays and was paying top dollar and expect a little better.Never going there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank disappointed20125

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We understand you may have been in contact with our Hotel Manager or Customer Feedback Team in regards to the issues you have outlined. We again apologise for the maintenance issues that you experienced whilst you were here. It is pleasing to read that despite the problems you experienced that the staff were lovely and helpful in assisting you with the unfortunate circumstances you encountered. The Hotel Manager has addressed these issues with both Maintenance and Housekeeping and together are working quickly to rectify these problems to ensure that situations like this do not happen again. With the very few plunge pool apartments at the property it is very unfortunate that in two of these apartments the Air conditioners broke down and we sincerely apologise for this. Please understand that Air conditioners breaking down is out of our control and a common occurrence in this tropical environment where the air conditioning units are operational almost 24/7. We do hope that despite the problems experienced we can welcome you back to another Oaks property in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

A modern site with appartments set out in small groups several having a pool in front of them.
The appartment was well equiped with cleaning every day by very efficient staff. The bed was comfortable and in general the rooms are quiet. our appartment had a door to the next appartment and when the occupant put on the TV in the early hours of the morning we could hear it. This would be unusual and we enjoyed our stay. It was very pleasant to relax in the swimming pool area.

If you stay at this hotel it is necessary to have a car as it is some distance from Broome and Cable Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very pleased to read that you found our rooms to be of great comfort and the servicing you received was efficient, I will certainly pass on your feedback to our Housekeeping team. We are very lucky to have 5 swimming pools available to our guests and it is great to read that you were able to relax and enjoy your time by the pool. It is convenient to have a car whilst in Broome however we do have a bus stop directly out the front of the resort which passes by every hour for those who have no transport. We are only a 10 minute walk to Cable Beach and surrounding restaurants and bars as well. Hopefully we can welcome you back to Oaks Cable Beach again soon for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

After reading many bad reviews I was a bit nervous of what to expect. On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and pleasant. My studio room, comfortable and all that I needed. Patio a bit dusty and dirty but it was exposed to a building site over the fence. Housekeeping I was told would only happen mid stay as I was there for a week but every day my towels were changed and even dishes I had left on sink were washed up and put away. All of the staff I approached were very helpful with local knowledge and definitely went out of their way to accommodate any requests. My studio room shared a plunge pool but was never crowded and very well maintained as were all of the gardens and the main pool. The only down side was I had been advised that the restaurant and bar would be opened the week before my arrival but only the bar opened on the last night of my stay. Sorbet the day spa was a breath of fresh air and I thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing massage (thanks Natalie). It is a bit out of the way from things but only a 10-15 minute walk to Cable Beach and the local bus service runs every 1/2 hour. I would recommend Oaks Cable Beach to anyone going to Broome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

We do very much appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary has only been part of our port folio since March this year and we do acknowledge that in the beginning there was much work to be done but despite some of the early reviews we have worked really hard to improve and ensure that we present the best quality to our guests. It is great to read all of the positive feedback and I will certainly pass this on to all of our staff including Natalie at the Sorbet Day Spa. We are lucky to have such a great team here and I am glad that all of the staff looked after you whilst you were here, we do thrive on a high level of customer service here at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary and we hope that you can return again soon. We do apologise that the restaurant and bar was not available to you during your stay, Cables is now open for breakfast daily and dinner and bar service is expected to begin very soon. Hopefully when you’re next in Broome we can welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.