“Very over priced”

Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The price of this hotel and quality of the rooms is not in line with the cost they are charging. The bed and bedding is nice and comfortable however the furniture is well below par and the cleanliness is non existence. I stayed in room 100 and the shower had short curly hair over the floor, the exhaust fan has not been cleaned in years by the look of it and the glass shower screen is filthy. The out door furniture is worn, I am in Broome alot for work and this hotel is by far the worst I have stayed in and will not be returning. I rang prior to coming to check in to see if my room was ready and was advised it was fine and could come now they were ready, I showed up and it still took 25 mins to check in and most of that was trying to find paperwork that I had only just been talking to them about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob W
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello Rob,

I’d like to thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was strongly disappointed to read that you found issues with the cleanliness of your room, in particular, the hair on the floor and dirty exhaust fan. I have addressed these concerns with our Housekeeping Manager and explained that this is completely unacceptable. I sincerely apologise for this problem being present in your room.

Due to the high calcium content in Broome’s water supply, calcium deposits are common in bathrooms. In order to rectify this, we perform regular deep cleans of all bathrooms, which is currently being completed resort-wide. I am genuinely sorry that this had a negative impact on your time with us.

I agree that the in-room furniture is becoming slightly fatigued and appreciate that this was a blemish in your stay with us. I am very pleased to inform you that we will be rolling out a brand new contemporary furniture package over the coming months.

I do sincerely apologise for the delay with your check-in procedure. We have recently employed new staff and are still in the process of providing them with comprehensive training. The staff member involved in your check-in has taken the experience in their stride and learnt a lot from it, which is all I can wish for from my staff.

I hope that you consider staying at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary during your next visit to Broome.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I wouldn't be staying here again. although the room itself was clean, the furniture was very dated and worn and needs renewing. the gardens were well looked afar but still littered now and then with rubbish that wouldn't be cleaned for days. the pool is quite cold and there is a bridge going over a section that has exposed wires that are within ams reach of a small child. very unsafe and a disaster waiting to happen. We asked for a highchair for our stay as we had an infant with us and they said that they don't provide them due to OH&S, interesting they mention this and have a swimming pool with live wires close by. this is the first time i've been refused a hight chair and i think this is laziness rather than anything else. On walking around the resort, we saw other rooms with badly torn outdoor furniture and there was even a unit that had outdoor chairs that weren't unwrapped yet and they had people staying in these rooms. the outside area of the rooms were bare concrete. it looked like tiles had been ripped away and the concrete just left alone and not tidied up. The bedrooms within the units were well appointed with quality bedding and beds but thats as fas as id go in saying something positive. i wouldn't rate this resort more than 3.5 stars. We're been to Broome several times and stayed at the Pearle and the Oaks cable Beach and the pearl is far and away the best place to stay when in Broome out of these 2.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FrankINFX
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your stay with us in August 2013.

I was extremely concerned to read that you discovered exposed wires beneath the bridge across our main pool. Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary takes OH&S very seriously. Therefore, I immediately inspected the area you described and can assure you this is no longer the case. I cannot comment on precisely when this was rectified as your stay was some time ago, however I do sincerely apologise for this hazard being present during your time with us.

I do agree that some of the living room furniture is starting to become weary. Progress is well under way for the replacement of such furniture with a brand new and more modern equivalent.

I am delighted to inform you that, since your visit in August 2013, all balconies and patios have been laid with stylish and contemporary composite tiling. In addition to this, all worn outdoor furniture has been removed and replaced. Although I am very sorry that this was not the case during your stay with us.

I’m thrilled to read that you found your was room was well appointed with excellent bedding and beds, as well as very clean. I hope that this contributed to an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

I genuinely apologise for the issues you encountered during your time with us. I hope that you consider staying at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary in future so that you can experience the significant improvements made to the property.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked The Oaks Cable Beach for Easter as we had friends on holiday from England and thought they would enjoy Broome. The accomodation is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with its own pool. I have travelled extensively and am embarrassed to say that this must be one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in. The rooms were all dirty, floors, walls, windows, the fridge hadnt been cleaned, only one towel per person, bathroom sinks dirty, toilets stained, only one small pan for cooking (in an apartrment for 6 adults) the covers on the couch filthy and the list goes on. Management and staff did their best to remedy the problems, brought us new pans, sent the cleaner back to re-clean as best he could, brought extra towels and sheets to cover the couches so that you could sit on them! No coat hangers to hang clothes and no drawers to put anything in so impossible to unpack for the 6 days we are here. The Manager at first declared that coat hangers, pots etc were not on the inventory - not sure what that has to do with us when we booked what we thought was good accommodation and have paid far more than you would expect for a place of this standard. The situation got worse when we wanted to go to bed only to find that none of the sheets on four of the beds (singles) had been changed there was dirt, pubic hairs and even pee stains. We pulled out the bed to find a power point hanging off and dirt and fluff behind the bed. Totally disgusting. Again the staff changed the linen and apologised. Whilst all the apologies are accepted the situations should not have arisen in the first place. I am embarassed to have to complain in front of my guests and yes it has spoilt our holiday. No we would never stay here again.

Room Tip: My tip would be to make sure you book somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Margaret L

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was shocked and disappointed to read your comments about, and witness, the cleanliness of your 3 bedroom apartment. There is no excuse for the cleaning issues experienced in your apartment and this has been addressed with housekeeping in a manner that will ensure it does not ever occur again. I truly do apologise and am extremely disheartened by the fact that this, understandably, had a detrimental effect on your time with us.

I do appreciate that the living room furniture is becoming tired and it is for this reason we are currently amid discussions with furniture distributors in order to fit the resort out with updated contemporary furniture.

I’m also very sorry that the in-room storage facilities were lacking in your particular room. We are currently exploring different avenues of including additional storage in the rooms. Front Office staff are always willing to assist in providing supplementary storage options.

I apologise that our inventory of one bath towel and one one pool towel did not meet your requirements. Guests are more than welcome to request additional towels or amenities, which can be obtained from our helpful Front Office staff.

I am, however, pleased to read that you found our management and staff did their absolute best to remedy all of the concerning issues you encountered and will be sure to share this with them.

Again, I am tremendously apologetic that we did not provide you with the exceptional standard of accommodation we pride ourselves upon. As discussed, we will be in touch with you over the coming days to discuss your severely lacking experience in more detail.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Good breakfasts and OK rooms. You will need to bring an umbrella if travelling in the wet season as there is little shelter between reception and rooms. Nothing outstanding either good or bad. A few loose fittings esp. in the bathroom could be easily rectified and would tidy the rooms up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we highly value your feedback.

We’re delighted to read that you found our picturesque tropical location and breakfast dining contributed to an enjoyable experience here at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

We are, however, very concerned to read that you found some of the in-room fixtures to be loose. We are currently performing a property-wide audit of all in-room fittings to avoid encounters such as yours, so thank you very much for further bringing this to our attention. We do encourage guests to notify Front Office staff of any issues with their stay so that we can have these rectified immediately and ensure the rest of their stay is nothing short of exceptional.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary for your next journey to Broome, whether it be for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was a bit worried after all the mixed reports I read of this resort from tripadvisor. It was a great spot, good value. The rooms were clean and the kitchen allowed you to eat it for all meals. I even managed to cook Christmas lunch for the family. The oven and stove were great. The fridge seemed to have trouble with circulation but really that was no big deal. I imagine most people that stay would cook as much as I did while on holiday.

The pool was perfect and clean. I would say that the best time to visit Broome is out of season when things are a bit quieter including this place. Any other time you might have to fight for a bit of space in the pool or a banana lounge in the shade. It did not bother us that some things were closed. There was still enough spots to grab a coffee or have a bite to eat out.

Thanks Oaks, if I can save enough I will see you next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you very much for posting such a great review, we are so very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

It is fantastic to read that you found our location great and the apartment was good value. We are very impressed that you cooked Christmas lunch for the family and we do hope you enjoyed a great festive season! It is a lot quieter in our off season and despite the challenging weather at times it is a beautiful time of the year to visit and guests are able to take advantage or a more relaxing and quieter atmosphere.

We really hope you enjoyed your time relaxing next to our lagoon pools and we look forward to inviting you back for another enjoyable stay, happy saving!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The apartments are great value for money. Minimal kitchen facilities but there are plenty of places to eat out at. The rooms are clean and nice and cool with fans and air conditioners. The pool area was lovely. The only down side is that the lower ground apartments lack some privacy. We had a guy come and sit on our porch and have a smoke while we were watching TV which was quite awkward. The restaurant is under construction from what we understand but the meals were still very good. You do get a bit of noise travel through the walls but since we were there during the low season the room next to us was vacant for most of our time so this wasn't a huge issue. Cable beach is about a 1km walk down the road but the pool is perfect for beating the heat. We caught a shuttle bus from the airport that only cost us $11ea. The girl at the front desk was brilliant and friendly and organized tours for us, as well as helping us navigate the bus system. Highly recommend Oaks Cable Beach,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for choosing Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary for your recent stay in Broome and we are very glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It is great to read that you found your apartment great value for money, your room was clean and cool and our lagoon pools lovely. I was a little concerned though to read about the gentleman who paid your porch a visit, this is abnormal and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have just recently completed all of the upgrades to the reception, piazza and restaurant and we will very shortly be launching our new menu at Cables Restaurant & Bar, hopefully if you do get the opportunity to return you will have the chance to experience our new dining options.

Further more, I am very pleased that the staff were very accommodating and assisted you in booking your tours and navigating Broome using the local bus system. I will certainly pass your feedback onto the front office staff.

We look forward to inviting you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary on your next visit to Broome!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed in broome for 5 days. 4 adults in a two bedroom unit. The first night the room we were given was old. The soap holder was falling off the wall. The bed squeaked everytime someone moved. We were all very dissapointed for the price we had paid. Next morning though we mentioned it to reception and we were moved to a newer looking room. It was a lot more enjoyable. The staff were very nice about it. We had dinner and breakfast at the resturant and the dinners were great. The location of the hotel is perfect though just around the corner from cable beach. It was an enjoyable stay though not sure if we would stay there and pay much more then we did.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Zobey88

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided. We do apologise about the issues you experienced on your first night and we do appreciate you bringing those problems to our attention.

We are very glad that we were able to move you into a more suitable room for the rest of your stay and that you were happy with your move. We do understand that at times maintenance problems can arise and we are more than happy to look after our guests and move them into a more comfortable room should we need too.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our on site restaurant and we will certainly pass your feedback onto the restaurant staff. We are very shortly launching a new menu at the restaurant so hopefully if you return to visit you can experience the new dining options we will have on offer.

Over our wet season and off peak periods we do offer specials and discounted rates on our accommodation, next time please give us a call and we would be happy to offer you the best available rates and let you know of any current specials or deals. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary again soon!