Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$181
US$171
Oaks Broome(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$206
Mangrove Hotel(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$193
Blue Seas Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$194
US$287
  • Pool
Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$241
Bali Hai Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$159
Moonlight Bay Suites(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$189
US$390
US$302
  • Pool
Ramada Eco Beach Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$142
  • Pool
All reviewscable beachbedroom apartmenttropical locationlarge pool areabreakfast and dinnerbroome cuppool barlong weekendwould stay againwet seasonserviced dailyfull kitchenbus stopgreat place to stayself containedliving areavisit broome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Something went wrong with our internet booking so we could only stay one night instead of three. The receptionists did not care in the least and did not help us find an alternate accomodation.
Then at breakfast I ordered Eggs Benedict. The lovely poached egg and sauce were placed on chilled slices of ham which sent everything cold and unpalatable. An awful way to treat a delicate poached egg!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RosmearyB
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

I sincerely apologise for the difficulty you experienced when attempting to make a reservation online. As discussed at the time, it was determined you had not made a reservation based on the following: we had received no notification of your reservation; your credit card was not debited; you did not receive confirmation of your reservation; and the room-type you believed you had booked was unavailable online due to being at full-capacity. In future, I kindly suggest you call the property directly if you encounter issues booking online and one of our helpful front desk staff will be more than happy to assist. I believe our front desk staff did search online for suitable accommodation, at which point you found an alternative. I am, however, delighted that we were able to improvise and accommodate your family on the evening of your arrival.

It is very concerning to read of the dissatisfaction you had with your Eggs Benedict in the restaurant as we’ve been inundated with positive feedback since the implementation of our new and improved menu. I appreciate that the temperature of the ham was not to your liking, we acknowledge this is personal preference. Based on feedback from our guests, the Eggs Benedict has been very well-received.

I hope you choose to stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary when next visiting Broome so that we can offer you a more complete and fulfilling experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting my sister-in-law, I needed a location handy to her as well as being pleasant to stay in. This certainly delivered. There was a handy bus stop right outside, and a world class beach within walking distance. I didn't use the pool but if I'd stayed longer, it looked very inviting. All other amenities were what I'd expect and helped make my stay very comfortable. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant though - the food and service was just average. There are plenty better places to eat in Broome.

• Stayed: June 2014
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you kindly for providing feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

I am very pleased to read that you found our location contributed to an enjoyable experience, allowing you to visit the many wonders of Broome. It’s also fantastic that you were able to relax and find comfort in your room and the many other amenities on offer at the resort.

It is concerning, however, to read that you were dissatisfied with the food and service in the restaurant and I sincerely apologise that these aspects of your stay were not to the level that we pride ourselves upon. Please do not hesitate to contact the property directly should you wish to discuss the shortcomings of your restaurant experience more thoroughly.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary during your next trip to Broome.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just stayed 5 days at the Oaks Cable Beach resort. Overall our stay was good! The hotel is presented well – lovely gardens and rooms etc. You can park out the front of your apartment (we hired a car – would recommend this in Broome). The apartments are good and well equipped. The main pool is large and lovely to look at. My main disappointment was that the pool was freezing and that the hotel itself didn’t feel like a ‘resort’. I will list the pros and cons of the hotel
Pros
The rooms are modern and clean. All have either a courtyard or balcony.
2 bed apartment was perfect for a family of 2 adults and 2 children
Ask to get a room that overlooks a pool – there are also two smaller pools on the grounds.
The staff I briefly spoke to were all helpful and friendly
Good location – can walk to the beach and nearby restaurants

Cons
Apartments did look like they need a lick of paint in some areas. The couches and beds/pillows were a little uncomfortable.. but overall the apartments were fine.
The main pool was freezing / like ice… not just cold. It was actually painful to get in! Even my children refused. We checked out other hotels pools – Cable beach resort, Pinctada and Seashells – whilst their pools were cold they were swimmable. People were in them! This really lets down this hotel as the pools are gorgeous and have lots of sunbeds around them to lounge by. There is even a good sized kids pool. It does look really nice and has a resort look… but was uncomfortable to get in. And hence there was very rarely anyone around the pool. The hotel needs to consider a way of heating it?? Or maybe put in a spa and gazebo to entice people around the pool area??
There was no atmosphere around the hotel. It feels deserted… Besides the fact that the pool is freezing, the restaurant is never open… I felt it needed at least a kiosk or café open around the main pool open during the day? When we visited Cable Beach resort and Pinctada there were lots of people around the pool swimming and ordering food and drinks by the pool… so in terms of a resort vibe this hotel is definitely lacking…
The two smaller pools on the grounds were also closed due to ‘maintenance’ the whole time we were there? Even though we were told they would open in a day or two. I never saw any work being done to them?? And they looked ready to swim in? Also these were smaller and could possibly have been warmer??

Overall if you are looking for clean well equipped apartments that are in a good location in Cable Beach then this is a great place to stay! If you are looking for a resort atmosphere (ie the ability to swim in a pool / order food and drinks by the pool and not just lay by it and look at it) then I would recommend staying at Cable Beach Resort or Pinctada Resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks one of the pools.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary is much appreciated.

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your 2 Bedroom Apartment and the picturesque surrounding landscaped gardens. We’re very fortunate to be located in close proximity to the beauty of Cable Beach and all that it has to offer, so I’m very pleased you had the chance to take advantage of this.

I sincerely apologise that you found the pools were too cool to enjoy and can assure you that we are currently negotiating the installation of a pool heating system as you suggested. We feel that the pools are a magnificent asset to the resort but do realise there is a short period throughout July when they can sometimes become quite chilled.

With Broome being such a unique and adventurous destination, we find that our guests spend their days exploring all that it has to offer. Our friendly and knowledgeable front desk team thoroughly enjoy assisting guests with planning their limited, but priceless, time in Broome This is most likely why you would have perceived the resort to be lacking in atmosphere and I can certainly appreciate why it would appear that way. We have not noticed our restaurant hours to be an issue for this very reason; however I will be sure to take your feedback into consideration when this aspect of the resort is discussed in future.

Thank you again for your kind comments and constructive feedback. We hope to see you back at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary in the near future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The welcome we received on arrival could not be faulted and it was late and we were tired so our rooms were seen as a delight and a boost after a long day travelling. We went to the dining room for dinner and things went a bit awry. Hot steak with pepper sauce was served on top of the salad in a soup bowl and others experienced some not so good meals. Breakfast the Friday was really nice but on the Saturday was a disaster where we almost had to ask for everything we wanted, butter, plates,eggs, spoons, coffee. It was not fun. A different member on the final day, Sunday, made the morning meal a joy. I had planned to host a special dinner on the Saturday but with the inconsistencies took my business elsewhere. The other issues are that some pools were not available and there was nowhere during the day where one could buy eats or drinks and the nearest shop was a reasonable walk away for older people. Our experience was sad because the facility has the potential to be special and for most people close enough to walk to Cable Beach and I feel sad at having to rate it so poorly because of a few people. Public Bus travel was $3.50 each way and exact money is needed..

Room Tip: There are some rooms upstairs so specify if ground floor is required.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us.

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome yourself and fellow tour group members to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary and I’m glad you found the rooms to be a delight after a long journey to Broome.

With regard to your comments about the restaurant, your feedback has been passed on to our Food & Beverage Manager. He is sincerely sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience at breakfast on the Saturday morning and will be speaking with the staff member involved to ascertain while the level of service wasn’t to the level we normally provide in our restaurant as we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. He is very happy to hear that the service you received on the Sunday morning provided you with a far more enjoyable experience. I am also sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy the presentation of the steak, but hope you enjoyed the meal itself. We do serve all our steaks in a “Pasta” type bowl for which we have received great feedback in the past. It is something that a lot of restaurants around the world have started to do, however your feedback has certainly be taken into consideration. Snacks and drinks are also available outside of restaurant hours from reception as outlined in the Welcome Information provided upon check-in and we encourage guests to take advantage of this.

I sincerely apologise that our two rear pools were closed for re-surfacing during your stay. This is an unfortunate, but necessary, process that must be completed after certain periods of time and I appreciate that this would have been an inconvenience.

Again, it was a joy to have you stay with us and I hope that you choose to stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary during your next adventure to Broome.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Visited in June, nice time to visit Broome.Staff were great, room was comfortable, got upgraded. 2 faults with this resort, firstly the swimming pools were freezing, secondly the bar and restaurant closes after breakfast so you can't get a drink or food between 9.30 and 5!!! It's a fair walk to any facilities to eat or drink so this really needs to be addressed. Overall there are probably better resorts

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel S
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hi Rachael S,

Thank you very much for providing your highly-valued feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

I was delighted to read that you found our staff to be an excellent aspect of your stay and that you were able to enjoy the comforts of your complimentary upgraded room. We’re very fortunate to have such a fantastic team of staff whom I will be sure to pass on your kind words to.

I was, however, disappointed to read that you found the pool too cold and restaurant hours too limited for your liking. I, too, agree that there was a short period in June where the renowned tropical weather of Broome vanished, resulting in chilled pool temperatures. I apologise that this detracted from your experience and can assure you pool heating options are currently being discussed. We find that there is an abundance of restaurants, cafes, and bars in our vicinity, all varying between a five to fifteen minute walk away. Our front office team are always happy to provide directions and valuable insight into these local establishments.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to review your time at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary and I hope you choose to stay with us when you next visit Broome.