“Unsatisfactory Customer Service”

Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed 1 September 2014

After spending over $1200 and have the major pool out of order, with bedding issues and poor housekeeping I compalined numerous times to only be told "im sorry" several times. I was felt I was shut down numerous times when asking to have my "issues" resolved.
Sorry didnt really reslove my issues as I didnt think full room rate was warranted for less that full use of facilities.
By the end, I was sorry....... sorry, that I travelled over 3000km's to stay there and couldnt even swin in the main pool. Why choose this venue in the first place, they could have helped whilst I was there or given me an option BEFORE I got there....
Very disappointing service, by the staff and General Manager.

Room Tip: Make sure the amin pool is in order before you get there ... disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Paul B
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

We do sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your stay with us in August. We do apologise about the unfortunate accident which resulted in our main swimming pool being closed at very short notice. We did have two other fully operational swimming pools on offer to our guests however we understand that this was of no consolation to your disappointment.

We do appreciate that you travelled 3000km’s and your stay with us was unsatisfactory and for this we can only apologise. I believe you have already been in touch with Management regarding your disappointment. Perhaps in future you will re-consider staying with us when you visit Broome next to allow us the opportunity to meet your expectations and ours.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Unfortunately to no fault of the hotel the pool was closed for my stay but looked like it would be very enjoyable when open. I didn't like the policy of a deposit on my credit card on arrival. The rooms were good and had everything i needed however the bathroom could of been a little nicer and walls could do with a good clean. The staff were friendly in the restaurant and bar and the food was great and big however due to only having one chef and one waiter running the bar and restaurant at any one time meant long waits for food and service but the staff did a good job at managing it.

Stayed: August 2014
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide you’re highly valued feedback of your recent stay.

I do apologise that our main pool was closed during the duration of your stay, however we did have 2 other pools that were open for guests to use.

It is Oaks Hotels & Resorts policy to obtain a bond on arrival for any incidentals (i.e. food or beverages) that may be purchased at the restaurant which allows you to charge the items to your hotel room and pay on departure. This is also common practice throughout most hotels worldwide.

I am delighted to learn that the staff in the bar and restaurant were friendly and they did a great job during busy periods.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort on your next visit to Broome.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I am afraid we were at this hotel at a very bad time, someone had broken a glass in the pool, so it was closed, unfortunate if you were in Broome to relax by the pool. The units are looking rather tired, the gardens need a bit of tender love and care. Another time we would book closer to town. The taxi at $20+ to town made us wish we had booked a rental car or booked in town. The hotels greatest asset their manager who rescued us from missing our plane home when the taxi failed to appear, all drivers at the racers???? He drove us to the Airport after waiting neally an hour for the taxi. The best thing for us was the coincidence of being in Broome for the "Staircase to the Moon" an event certainly worthy of the stopover.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit.

We do apologise that our main pool was closed during the duration of your stay, however we did have 2 other pools that were open for guests to use.

We do acknowledge that some of the living room furniture is starting to become weary. Progress is well under way for the replacement of such furniture with a brand new and more modern equivalent.

We also apologise that the taxi never arrived to take you to the airport for your return flight, it was our pleasure to assist you in getting to the airport in time for your flight.

We were delighted that you enjoyed the Staircase to the Moon which is a great spectacle in Broome.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights in a two bedroom serviced apartment at the Oaks Cable Beach. While the garden setting and the site location has much to recommend it, the accommodation is let down by only average service and poor maintenance and design.

The bathroom is the worst example of poor design and execution i have seen for a very long time and I've seen some real duds. For example, the shower floor falls away from the drain and water builds up until it reaches the outlet level, but before it does, it starts to flood onto the main bathroom floor. There is no shower screen so water sprays all over the bathroom. An aluminium window in the shower area accumulates water and featured a good growth of algae in the frame.

No information was provided about services available, or how to use the dishwasher and other facilities. When the apartment was serviced, the beds were made in only one room. The furniture is in poor condition and badly worn in places.

In general it is not good value for money and not up to the usual Oaks standard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 3146bj

I am sorry to hear that the bathroom design was not to your liking. In regards to the growth of algae in the frame this has been rectified since and I do apologise sincerely for this.

I also apologise that there were no instructions on how to use the dishwasher; we do encourage our guests to contact reception if they have any issues with any equipment in the apartments.

I do agree that some of the living room furniture is starting to become weary. Progress is well under way for the replacement of such furniture with a brand new and more modern equivalent.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I returned to this hotel in late July. Although the gardens and pools are beautiful and well maintained the same could not be said of the apartments. The furniture cushions were very dirty and the whole place is in need of a repaint.

The pool area is beautiful and the reopened restaurant is lovely. There is a bus stop for the town bus just outside the gates and the bus runs every half hour and is very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms around the main pool are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hildaPerthWA
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your highly-valued feedback on your return visit to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

I was thrilled to read your kind comments regarding our restaurant set amongst scenic landscaped gardens and pristine lagoon-style pools. It’s concerning to read that you found the furniture cushions dirty and I sincerely apologise for this. The rooms and included fixtures have suffered some minor wear and tear over the years and I appreciate that his can be seen as dirty.

We’re very pleased to be performing a refurbishment of all rooms at the end of 2014 and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary to experience our new look!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Something went wrong with our internet booking so we could only stay one night instead of three. The receptionists did not care in the least and did not help us find an alternate accomodation.
Then at breakfast I ordered Eggs Benedict. The lovely poached egg and sauce were placed on chilled slices of ham which sent everything cold and unpalatable. An awful way to treat a delicate poached egg!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RosmearyB
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

I sincerely apologise for the difficulty you experienced when attempting to make a reservation online. As discussed at the time, it was determined you had not made a reservation based on the following: we had received no notification of your reservation; your credit card was not debited; you did not receive confirmation of your reservation; and the room-type you believed you had booked was unavailable online due to being at full-capacity. In future, I kindly suggest you call the property directly if you encounter issues booking online and one of our helpful front desk staff will be more than happy to assist. I believe our front desk staff did search online for suitable accommodation, at which point you found an alternative. I am, however, delighted that we were able to improvise and accommodate your family on the evening of your arrival.

It is very concerning to read of the dissatisfaction you had with your Eggs Benedict in the restaurant as we’ve been inundated with positive feedback since the implementation of our new and improved menu. I appreciate that the temperature of the ham was not to your liking, we acknowledge this is personal preference. Based on feedback from our guests, the Eggs Benedict has been very well-received.

I hope you choose to stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary when next visiting Broome so that we can offer you a more complete and fulfilling experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting my sister-in-law, I needed a location handy to her as well as being pleasant to stay in. This certainly delivered. There was a handy bus stop right outside, and a world class beach within walking distance. I didn't use the pool but if I'd stayed longer, it looked very inviting. All other amenities were what I'd expect and helped make my stay very comfortable. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant though - the food and service was just average. There are plenty better places to eat in Broome.

• Stayed: June 2014
HotelManagerOaksCBS, General Manager at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you kindly for providing feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary.

I am very pleased to read that you found our location contributed to an enjoyable experience, allowing you to visit the many wonders of Broome. It’s also fantastic that you were able to relax and find comfort in your room and the many other amenities on offer at the resort.

It is concerning, however, to read that you were dissatisfied with the food and service in the restaurant and I sincerely apologise that these aspects of your stay were not to the level that we pride ourselves upon. Please do not hesitate to contact the property directly should you wish to discuss the shortcomings of your restaurant experience more thoroughly.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Cable Beach Sanctuary during your next trip to Broome.