“Delightful Korean Experience”

Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: East Perth
“Delightful Korean Experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Took some friends out for their first Korean meal. Had never tried this venue. As my wife is Korean, I have eaten a lot of Korean foods so I goto these places with high expectations.

As far as a restaurant goes, the look and a feel was very comfortable with good mood lighting and decor to set the Korean scene nicely.

The service was very prompt and friendly and for beginners their menu has good instructions as to food choice.

We ordered a 3 course seafood and meat BBQ banquet for 4 people at $62 a head. The food was very well presented and very delicious. I felt the overall quantity was on the small side, however everybody was satisfied.
I was quite disappointed when it came to dessert, "Espresso or Green Tea Pannacotta". Not that it wasn't tasty, but I took my friends out for a Korean experience not Pannacotta. Why couldn't they have included a simple Korean dessert is beyond me.

Anyway the overall experience was enjoyable and a beautiful location to boot.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Western Australia, Australia
“Great Korean in high end setting”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had the meat banquet for two with Korean rice spirit soju which goes rather nicely together. Three condiments came out, and then the three appetizers, small servings but intricately presented. They were all tasty, the sweet mustard salad with apple and cucumber slices with wasabi dressing was such a delight.
The three meats were served for us to cook on the hot plate, not a lot for two and with only a few vegetables, but tasted very delicious, they did excellently with the marinading. Even the rice was done perfectly.
We chose to have dessert over coffee, and green tea pannacotta was served to us. The green tea taste was strong, but it's a bit bitter for my liking, I was hoping we would have a choice for dessert.
The restaurant looks fantastic, is cosy and nice by the waters, and plays good jazz in the background. Waiters were friendly and attentive. For $49 per person servings in the banquet were not much, but they made it up in the quality and taste. We used our entertainment book so were happier with the price. But I would go back again for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
Western Australia
“Delicious food, excellent service”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Our third visit to this restaurant tucked away in East Perth, with lovely views across the marina. We had a Korean BBQ dinner and the meat was tender, beautifully flavoured and served with a gracious smile. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough for flavour and service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AussieChook
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

We were taken here for a meal with limited Korean dining experience. We had a banquet which was fantastic. Cooking it on the table was a great experience & the staff were great.

We had a big night and were made so welcome. No idea how much the night coat as our friends picked up the tab, but it wouldn't have been cheep. No matter how much it cost it was value for money. Loved it and will be back!

Perth, Australia
“Absolutely delicious in superb environment”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Went here on a friday night, close before X-mas. we were a family of four, with 2 friends, who knew the place. Had read some reviews (on Yelp) that showed disappointment, interestingly contrasting with the views here on Tripadvisor.
I have to say, it was a great experience. After having had some drinks on the waterside (a little sidestream of the Swan river runs just past, nice walk after dinner is recommended) we went into the restaurant and had our heaters prepared that rise from the centre of the table. The four of us had great vegetarian Pancakes, tofu with chilli around it and tofu with stir fried vegetable inside it. After this we had a main with mushroom, beans, tofu and all kind of vegetables, mixed in a wok in the middle of the table, making a delicious mix, call it soup.
Our friends were very enthusiastic about their shrimps and meat hot pots and we all had a great night.
I have to say what impressed me the most was that the waitress said that they had some vegetarian dishes but the Korean cuisine really focuses on meat and fish. That is why i found it really amazing what the creativity of the chef could do for us.
A fully deserved 5 circles.

• Visited December 2012