“What a great dining experience”
Review of 1907 Restaurant

1907 Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 1,353 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$10 - US$76
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 1907 offers classic fine dining cuisine and beverages with a contemporary, globally influenced twist, enriching Perth’s cultural evolution. Housed in a 100 year old rag factory in the hub of Perth’s CBD, this historic building creates a truly unforgettable and unique dining and bar experience. Head Chef Paul Medica and his dedicated team turn their passion for the finer things into a sophisticated dining affair.​
Perth, Australia
“What a great dining experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My partner and I took my Mum to 1907 for her 60th birthday recently. We have had the pleasure of doing the full degustation with matched wines at 1907 last year and it was divine, and thought that a petit degustation might be on the cards as we didn't want to be REALLY full like last time.

Still, the petit degustation is a great feed, 8 courses of carefully prepared and presented food that delights the senses. There's a bunch of foods you may never have tried and some old favourites done really well. The cherry dessert was a highlight, and the yabbie in spinach soup was really tasty. While the individual dishes might not seem like much and could be scoffed in a few big mouthfuls, they have really taken the time to prepare each element and if you savour the taste, texture and smell of each element then I think you'll enjoy it more.

This is not a meal for those who want to pay twenty bucks for a steak and feel really full. It's for those that delight in the different, refined and refreshing tastes that are put on show by the Chefs.

It's not all about the food though, the wait staff had personality and humour, and the little touches like admitting when they didn't know something (they're only human!), finding out extra information for us when asked about the region, and bringing my Mum's dessert out with a candle and singing happy birthday.

This is my favourite restaurant for degustation in Perth so far, though I'm yet to try Opus and Friends.

This place is hard to find but it's worth discovering with friends!

2 Thank Stretchie204

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I dined here on Saturday night and from the first minute you knew you were somewhere special. The setting inside this restaurant was first class and the service was as good as I have witnessed. The waiter, Peter, who attended to us did not miss a single detail.

The food was what you would expect from a top restaurant, but be aware the servings are generous. My wife had the chicken and I had the rib eye steak (I have never seen a piece of meat that size since watching the Flintstones). Both were cooked beyond perfection. Desserts of apple tarte tatin and the chocolate plate were a step up again, both were beyond expectations. They were both tasty and no detail was missed on presentation.

They say you get what you pay for, and this may not be a restaurant everyone can afford every week, but for a special occasion I would recommend 1907.

We will be back, but will be trying the petit degustation menu.

1 Thank Crowdies
Perth, Australia
“Fabulous Food and Service”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Celebrated my 40th Birthday here with my partner and was absolutely WOW'd by the quality and quantity of the food.
Even got to the point where we did not want any more food.
The decor is fabulous, especially the booth's. Complimentary starter, sweets with coffee and take away bag full of treats are what raises this restaurant from many others.
Well Done and i will be back.

2 Thank Troydan7
“Great service, great quality food, decent portions.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Definitely an upper class restaurant with excellent food, great choice of meals, decent meal portions at a realistic price reflecting the quality you are getting.

The chefs taste testers were a welcome bonus.

2 Thank JorgD
Perth, Australia
“Best fine dining ever!!! Perth's no.1!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Had a dinner with my friend.
Very impressed restaurant atmosphere.very modern and classic black and white interior.
And food was just amazing.
I had a fresh and killpatrick oyster,I know, it sounds bit boring but it was absolutely fresh and yummy.
For main I had a duck it was perfectly cook and just delicious!!
I definitely go back again!

• Visited April 2013