“Oh wow”

1907 Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 1,353 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$10 - US$76
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 1907 offers classic fine dining cuisine and beverages with a contemporary, globally influenced twist, enriching Perth’s cultural evolution. Housed in a 100 year old rag factory in the hub of Perth’s CBD, this historic building creates a truly unforgettable and unique dining and bar experience. Head Chef Paul Medica and his dedicated team turn their passion for the finer things into a sophisticated dining affair.​
iluka
“Oh wow”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate at 1907 on Friday night and it was a truly lovely experience, the front of house welcomed us with warmth without being pretentious and his service through the night was exceptional. The food presented was impeccable from the moment the bread basket was laid out with an assortment of accompaniments ie butter, salt,pepper,olives and olive oil and a selection of breads, it was followed by an amuse bouche which was an unexpected surprise,. The entree of Marron was delicate and full of flavor with the accompanied dash of caviar which was deeevine. We enjoyed separate dishes of pork belly for mains and beef tenderloin both of which were cooked to perfection with 2 accompanied dishes of asparagus and frite, for the price the asparagus could lift its game and frites well I may of enjoyed a truffle potato mash better. The dessert was possibly a bit lacking in choice, many a girlfriend of mine would of rebelled with the lack of choice but I was very happy with my deconstructed pumpkin cheesecake which was a visual treat. The ambience of the dining room was lovely and all in all it was a treat to dine there and in celebration of a special occasion you will not be disappointed, the food was served with grace and presented beautifully.Oh I almost forgot upon leaving we were gifted with a goodies bag of truffles, homemade muslie, cookie and banana bread which was unexpected, appreciated and highly enjoyed. Great value considering the nice little perks along the way.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time and hopefully not the last.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Came here for a dinner, my special someones birthday. We toyed with having the degustation but in the end decided on going a la carte.

The food was excellent and very indulgent. The overall atmosphere I would describe as sophisticated and 'adult'. We had a couple of service glitches but nothing to taint what was overall an excellent experience. Fine dining is a difficult thing to put a finger on. Is it the food? Is it the service? Is it the atmosphere? Certainly there is a quality in all of these things which signifies a restaurant that takes it to the next level. With 1907 there is attentian paid to each element of those three things. All the food had a subtelty of flavour and technique, the service attentive and the atmosphere indulgent.

I am not a dining expert in this price point but this visit made me want to be! It was pretty damn good.

• Visited June 2014
Perth
“Second visit blues”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The first visit - the wonder, surprise after surprise and a feeling of "how did I not visit this place sooner!"............unfortunately all too often the second visit brings with a very high expectation which is not met and this is what happened on this occasion. I have to say the service again was impeccable but the food didn't match up. We had the petite degustation and the rabbit especially was very unpleasant, tough and virtually inedible. This was drawn to the attention of both the waiter and the maitre d with no offer of replacement or compensation and that's unfortunate. There were a couple of courses that hit the mark but all in all an overall very average experience.

1 Thank PerthJon
Perth, Australia
“Amazing Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My friend took me here for lunch to celebrate my birthday. I was blown away. The decor is elegant and restrained. Service was excellent, we were both looked after very well. Never had to wait for anything. Loved how friendly and happy he was. The food WOW everything I had hoped for. The breads with accompaniments supper tasty and served warm. I had the venison carpaccio, the flavours blew me away and the meat just melted. My friend had the vegetable medley the presentation was outstanding. For mains had the lamb, the meat was cooked exactly as asked for medium rare, the flavours they put into my green bean relish YUM. We were both too full to try deserts. I can't say enough how impressed I was. Looking forward to my next visit.

1 Thank PerthGirl25
“Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was walking along King Street looking at the shops and decided to walk to this other lane Queen Street. I looked down the street and the only thing that caught my eye was a black sign with white numbers and that part of the building was the only grey one out of the row of white : 1907. Being a person with an interest in properties, I walked over to take a peek. The front door was an entrance to some office. Just then, a burly guy walked to the side of the building carrying a carton of something. I asked if this was a restaurant, noticing a menu posted on the front pillar. He said yeah best restaurant in Perth. He was the delivery guy you see. I later learned from the another person who popped out of the side of the building that it opens at 6pm for dinner, 5pm for the bar. the bar? Where is the bar? It's underground. Well I arrived at the restaurant at 7.30pm without a reservation. The place looks nice and posh and bright enough but no windows. They have been curtained up. To others this may feel alright but I somewhat felt claustrophic and still inside.
Their breads are all made within the restaurant and the chef has certainly displayed a good skill of breadmaking. His Oyster Kilpatrick was yummy too, with a taste of vinegerette. The appetiser Amuse Bouche is something of a teaser that came displayed on a wooden slate . On it perched on toothpicks of three little fruit and vegetable. Very advanced display of cooking skills in my opinion. The chef likes to play with foam, salted egg white foam, yoghurt foam so I was entertained by his gastronomic skills. But having eaten at other restaurants round the world, the standard has not reached to the likes of Osseria Mozza. However, I do acknowledge that this meal far surpasses most meals in other restaurants and is definitely of a high standard than most in Perth. And I say this in terms of the quality of the food and the skill of the chef who makes things different and innovative. Keep it up! Staff were knowledgeable and they were able to describe the food as they themselves have had a taste. I ordered white wine by the glass and was recommended one that suited my course. Worth going back again to try the other dishes but hope they can improve on the decor.

1 Thank Tangerine W