“Great budget place”

Ranked #27 of 49 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Leeds, UK
“Great budget place”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

At $40 for a single room this place is great. Small but comfortable single rooms - a great kitchen with good fridges and storage.

The down sides are not quite enough showers - and smoking was allowed in both outdoor areas. But for the price ....excellent

That said a great place to stay - met some good people

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank deano-leeds

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Midlands
Reviewed 30 May 2010

With regards to the review before this one, I completely disagree!

I went with the company Travellers Worldwide to take part in voluntary work and was placed at Townsend and loved it!

The people there were so friendly and they are not 'middle-aged' travellers. I went to Perth when I was 18 and there were so many other people around my age staying there.

When I first arrived I wasn't convinced that I liked the place, but that was soon changed after a few days when I got used to sharing bathrooms etc.

The atmosphere was great, the staff lovely and I met so many amazing people!

I'm planning my trip back to Oz as I speak and I will definately be staying in Townsend!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank ACBxx
Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2010

This place is just plain awful.

As a backpacker, I've stayed in many hostels of all shapes and sizes and this place is the pits. I think its a converted Health Centre or something as it doesn't feel like any kind of accommodation establishment.

The kitchen is dirty and poorly appointed. The internet is expensive and virtually doesn't ever work. Just slows to a stop. The 'TV Room' is an uncomfortable waste of space where people 'reserve' programmes they want to watch by themselves, making the whole place soulless. In addition, despite having 'Satelite' TV, you don't even get the main 7,9,Ten networks!

The whole place is terribly unfriendly and seems to be populated by some dodgy middle-aged 'travellers'. The bathrooms are particularly nasty and each room feels very old and tired. a FIFTY dollar key deposit is required on check-in. Way over the top. The location, although 'CBD' is near virtually nothing. For those that don't know, Perth's lively spots after 5pm and at weekends are not in the CBD area.

Believe me, I don't stay in posh hotels or the like. I am a backpacker and nearly always stay in hostels. Try one of Perth's more cosy and friendly establishments. This one is not worthwhile.

• Stayed April 2010
4 Thank whatwhat2

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels