“Friendly, welcoming and great location!!”
Review of Pension Of Perth

Pension Of Perth
Ranked #7 of 15 Perth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I travel for Buisness and found the French theme establishment quite and homely. Hoon and Steve are very nice people and the continental breakfast was just perfect. The park across the road made exercising so easy, could run and walk in a beautiful park, restaurants a five minute walk up the road. Couldn't fault the location for airport, food and hospitality. Hoon and Steve are very warm and friendly with there service and looking forward to my next stay with them which is on a 12 week cycle. Personally I wouldn't stay anywhere else makes business not so clinical. Highly Recommended. See you guys soon !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Pension Of Perth

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Visitors from the UK will find Australia expensive and, I'm told, Australians find Perth expensive. With our budget in mind and a 4-night stopover planned we opted for the Pension based on its previous reviews and the 'reasonable' price of 165 dollars per night. We stayed in the Champage Room. First the good points. Excellent, firm, king-size bed. Excellent, hot shower. Continental breakfast adequate. Friendly and helpful hosts, PC in the dining room with free internet access for research and on-line booking for flights etc. Good, quiet, location opposite a park and being about 20 minutes walk from the centre of Perth and 10/15 minutes to the nearest Blue CAT (free) bus service. The area of Northbridge with its many eating places is situated between the Pension and centre of Perth so a good place to eat either on the way back in the early evening or to go back out to after changing.
Now the bad points. The bedroom did not have an external window for natural light or ventilation (something that would breach building regulations in the UK). The shower room appeared to have been tagged on in an extension where the external window/door would have been meaning the only light and ventilation to the bedroom was 'borrowed' from the shower room. Staying for 4 nights we were surprised that neither the towels were changed at some point nor the toiletries replenished. And lastly whilst the room was superficially clean the cobwebs in the corners and on the centre light fitting and dust on the bed frame meant it had not had a proper clean for a while.
Last year we toured the Great Ocean Road and the Pacific Highway and stayed in some fabulous B&Bs at the same price as or less than the Pension so it was a disappointing comparison.

Room Tip: Would not recommend the Champagne Room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tricky49
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed one night with Steve on our recent trip to Western Australia. Just what we needed after a long flight. Spacious room, free wi-fi and the breakfast set us up nicely on our drive. Sorry we couldn't say good-bye Steve, you weren't there when we returned after picking up our rental car!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaddyPh
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The Pension of Perth was an affordable and comfortable home away from home, situated next to beautiful Hyde Park and providing easy access to Northbridge and the Perth city centre. Steve and Hoon were friendly, accommodating and helpful hosts, breakfast was enjoyable and the front room I had in the large house converted to a bed and breakfast was spacious and private—with polished boards and a sense of relaxed privacy. The bed was comfortable and the shower hot (the bathroom is smallish but everything in it worked well). Arriving back there every evening and entering the cool house after busy summer days was a real relief.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at Pension of Perth with Steve and Hoon for 3 days in September, and I have not met such wonderful and accomodating hosts, in such a lovely home and great location. The Pension is located approx 15 mins stroll from the Northern side of Perth city - great for the nightlife at Northbridge or the main Arts/State Library precincts. Both Steve and Hoon had brilliant breakfasts and the bedrooms had charm and character. I really appreciate also their very warm personal reception, something that is not always evident in B+B's. This is the first ever review I've given for accommodation and am an extensive traveller...so Pension of Perth must be very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

It was our first visit to Perth and we stayed here for 5 nights. This is a beautiful Victorian house overlooking Hyde Park and our room was large and well furnished, with TV, chairs and coffee table. The English style bathroom in the corner however was quite small and unable to accommodate two at once. The owners were away on holiday, but Felicity was warm and welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was a bit disappointing - only a boiled egg was offered as hot food, but we had a wide choice of continental breakfast.
The location of Pension Perth is its big draw card -we could walk into the city, or easier still walk down to Russell Square and catch the free Blue CAT bus into the CBD. There were plenty of eateries nearby and a lovely patisserie just around the corner.
At the end of a hard day's sightseeing, we were able to sit in comfort on the balcony overlooking the park, with a drink and catch up with the rest of the world with use of free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was in Perth for a conference. I usually just stay at one of the conference hotels, which are expensive and soul-less, and this was a much better option. The front room (Brittany, I think) was beautifully furnished. I found the little bathroom alcove quite adequate - it could only accommodate one person at a time, but being on my own, that was ok. I didn't notice any noise (which I've seen others comment on), but I was usually up early. The free wifi was good (although I think expected these days). I was quite satisfied with the breakfasts. True, the eggs were only boiled, but there were plenty of crumpets, toast etc. I agree with others that some better quality coffee wouldn't go astray. Very importantly, the owners, Steve and Hoon, are both very friendly (without being overbearing) and helpful. I would stay here again if I returned.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business