“Highly recommended”

Verandah Apartments Perth
Ranked #10 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I am so impressed with this property, loaction is perfect for those wanting to be close enough to everything yet have the luxury of peace and quiet, apartments are fully equipped, clean and comfortable and well serviced,
Would definetly rebook and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Can't speak highly enough of Verandah Apartments. Rented two 2 bedroom apartments in Antonas building for a week. Great location. Lovely, modern decor. Both apartments and the building were immaculate. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I do not usually write reviews while on holiday, but this is a happy exception for me. I have been so impressed with this little gem in Norhbridge that I feel compelled to write something right now, just in case I get caught up with work and other things after my vacation.

Whatever good reviews I have read on TripAdvisor's previous posts are absolutely true. I was allocated unit 2 at Antonas, and I was pleasantly surprised by the space, tasteful decorations and attention to detail. The kitchen is well equipped, as are the laundry facilities. Its strategic location is another big plus - being near enough to CBD (just a CAT bus away) and the numerous eating places makes it really convenient.

I would especially wish to put in a good word for Charlenne, one of the staff there who was most pleasant and efficient. I would definitely stay here if I were to visit Perth again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank travelbugPJ
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in this apartment & we highly recommend it! The apartment we got was a 3 bedroom apartment; it was large, spacious and well maintained! Could not fault the staff either. As our flight got delayed and we had to check in after midnight, the staff actually made an effort to check our arrival and were extremely courteous and helpful! Moe is to be highly commended on his work as he is very professional about everything! The only suggestion I would make is to have some lifts put in to make it easier for those who aren't able to climb stairs. All in all, great value for money!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Old, outdated furniture, heavily stained carpet in the 2 bedroom apt, not even a proper reception area! I booked this place because I seen all the good reviews but what a waste of money, definitely not worth $295 a night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mel D
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I've resisted the urge to review these apartments til now as it's hard enough to get decent accommodation in Perth under $300 as it is. More often you see $400, plus plus.

I've been staying at Verandah Apartments in the Harwood and Antonas locations for a few years now and at first they were a great little secret. However, the word is well and truly out now and prices are creeping ever upwards, so no point hiding it anymore.

Apartments are excellent; locations are good - within the free city bus area and CAT route, although the CBD is quite walkable from there (and will be more so when they finish the City Link in 2014 .. they say).
Any bus going up Fitzgerald St will take you into town or home for free.

Shops and restaurants of Northbridge close, but not too close.

Free wi-fi is good - when I first started staying there it was weak in some rooms but they have gradually improved it over the years. Paying extra for wi-fi is one of those things that irritates business travellers the most. Irrational perhaps, but there you go.

Apartments are excellent - clean, modern, smart, good cooking facilities, and excellent laundry facilities in each apartment. Communication with the management is good and helpful but otherwise they stay out of your way and that's the way I like it.

Cleaning and service levels are just right for a one-week or more stay on business.
I can see why the worst reviews are from holidaymakers or weekenders - it's not really ideal for them but high Perth hotel prices probably push them to consider apartments.

Otherwise it's the best deal in Perth - or has been til now. I fear I'm going to have to move further out in future in search of something cheaper if prices keep rising. (Due to increasing underlying costs, according to management, who are happy to discuss it).

Considering the cost structure of Perth, they do a good job of providing a home from home in a very expensive environment.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LongBlackCoat
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Great accommodation and location, we stayed in a two bed apartment which had plenty of room, the whole apartment was spotless, absolutely no complaints. We had no dealings with staff other than the original booking and check in, however on both occasions they were extremely helpful and pleasant. We will defiantly book again when next visiting Perth.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family