“South west tour...excellent!! Brilliant tour guide”

Aussie Wanderer Tours & Safaris
Book In Advance
US$409.46*
3-Day South West Tour from Perth Including Margaret River, Busselton and Albany
US$503.05*
and up
4-Day Monkey Mia Tour Including Wild Dolphin Encounter, The Pinnacles and...
US$682.43*
and up
5-Night Perth to Exmouth Tour Including The Pinnacles, Monkey Mia and Ningaloo...
Ranked #6 of 86 Outdoor Activities in Perth
More attraction details
Owner description: Aussie Wanderer Tours and Safaris is Western Australia's leading locally owned and operated, small group, adventure tour company. As a family owned business we are dedicated to providing a real Western Australian adventure tour experience. We operate award winning tours along the entire West Coast of Australia and up through the Kimberley and Top End across to Darwin. We specialise in all inclusive, action packed tours for young and young at heart, active travelers with a focus on natural attractions and cultural activities. Aussie Wanderer is nationally accredited, ensuring we operate at the highest standards possible. We are a proudly independent Western Australian owned and operated tour operator.
Reviewed 20 March 2013

It was my first tour in Australia, food was excellent all fresh and freshly prepared. Hostel in Albany was lovely, forest stay accommodation was ok a little dated. All the places and things you do were really good. But I must put it excellent experience overall to our tour guide Cindy, she was brilliant very helpful, informative, really took great care and put great effort into everything!!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We a group of siblings in our fifties did a 3 day tour Perth - Albany - Pemberton - Perth. What Cindy managed to fit in in such a short time was incredible. There were too many things seen and done to mention all, however below are a few:

Albany, 1849 backpackers, valley of the giants treetop walk, natural bridge, the gap, Gloucester tree walk.
Margaret river. Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Cumbria rock - Busselton jetty, the longest jetty in the Southern Hemisphere, Mammoth cave,

The accommodation on night one was at the 1849 backpackers, which was clean comfortable, good showering facilities and fresh pancakes a plenty for breakfast. The accommodation on the second evening was at a cabin in Pemberton forest, a little chilly but ample bedding to keep us all warm and a lovely location. A lovely BBQ all prepared by Cindy.

On the whole I would highly recommend this company and the tour, it is a backpackers and as such the food and accommodation is as such, but could not fault them or Cindy, who did all the driving, cooking and led from the front on the adventures. Thank you.

Aussie W, Manager at Aussie Wanderer Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Mick,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the 3 Day South West Tour with us.

Because we travel in small groups it gives us the opportunity to be flexible with our itinerary and add more value. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated that.
I will pass your compliments to Cindy.

I hope to personally welcome you again on one of our tours 

Keep Wandering....

Reviewed 9 January 2013

How extremely disappointing. Three people (2 poms) happy with their company today as the driver didn't talk, at all. Late start, early end, no explanation as to why not went to ? Bay for a swim, as one of the few things he said. No bay and no swim. No water offered, no tea,coffee. Morning tea half a croissant only, at wildlife park which was rushed thru and then left to wait for no known reason for 20mins whilst could have been looking at areas not walked/ran thru. Waste of $435-. I will take them out myself and never use your firm again. Sincerely.

1  Thank katefoley

Dear Kate,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read that your tour did not meet your expectations. Aussie Wanderer Tours aims at keeping the quality of our tours up to standard at all times. Therefore we will take your feedback as a serious consideration. Your comments will also be discussed with your tour driver. If you have any further inquries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Again I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I did both the 3 day southwest tour and the 7 day return Perth to Exmouth, and did not feel that these tours were a good value for my money.

I'll start with the positives. Sarsha was the guide for my first tour and she was amazing. She was knowledgeable and fun, and made the long drives better with games and music. My second guide lacked the maturity and professionalism I'd expect in a guide, but handled some difficult situations well when he had to. And my fellow travellers were a riot!! :)

The food on both tours was disappointing at best. Overcooked spagetti with inedible, burnt tomato sauce, the cheapest packs of processed sandwich meat available, loads of white bread and buns, poor quality produce (when we were lucky enough to be served fruit or veg), condiments were not cooled even though the bottles clearly said to refrigerate after opening (when I complained to the company about this they told me ketchup and mayo don't need to be refrigerated). There were meals that were so burnt they were inedible. I realize that on a backpacker tour the food won't be 5 star, I just expect the food to be fresh and edible. There is an extra charge for a gluten free menu, which for the first 2.5 days the guide just advised 'don't eat the stuff with gluten in it'... difficult when you get toast and cereal for breakfast, sanwiches or burgers for lunch and dinner. I ended up buying my own food when we stopped for groceries (as did many other passengers), dispite having paid the company for meals.

The accomodation wasn't great on either tour. The hostels tended to be out of town, or in an isolated area, so once you got to the hostel you were stuck there. Nothing was unsafe or unsanitary, just a bit shabby.

Thanks to my fellow passengers I did enjoy my time, but would not travel with this company again.

2  Thank Ash N

Dear Ash,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with Aussie Wanderer. We are very sorry to hear our Aussie Wanderer menu did not meet your expectations.
Our tour guides are fully trained in the food & hygiene department and work hard to consistently prepare and deliver fresh food for the group at all time. We offer a diversity of meals for lunches and dinners and buy fresh vegetables and fruit on tour. We will look into this matter to get clear answers on what went wrong on this particular tour.

We are happy to hear that you at least did enjoy your time on tour with your fellow passenger!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I did a tour to Exmouth with this organisation, but I should have asked more about the group. The group was young, so was the guide. He knew a lot of stuff, but the behaviour was not really professional. Maybe I am too old (36) for this organisation.

Dear Jocine,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It enables us to improve our tours and customer service. We are sorry to hear that the group dynamic did not meet your expectations and particularly that you did not feel comfortable with the age of the group.
Aussie Wanderer offers tours for the young and the young at heart, free and independent travellers looking to travel throughout Western Australia with like minded people. We welcome travellers from all ages and walks of life. Just recently we had a lady with us with the age of 69 years old and she absolutely loved the tour! For your next travels we advice you to specifically enquire about the average age and character of the tour.
With kind regards,