“What can I say?”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“What can I say?”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Visited this restaurant for dinner with some friends and we were really disappointed. I had the veal and my friend the chicken, these were so tough we couldn't eat them. We all decided to skip desserts and just have coffee, while deep in conversation my unfinished coffee disappeared!
At this point we had had enough so we left.
I had been to this restaurant a number of years ago and it was fine. Alarm bells should have rung when we were the only patrons that night.
I will be giving this one a miss from now on.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank finny6

“As good as ever”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

It has been quite a few years since I visited Villa Picasso. I remember it well because it was run by an Italian husband and wife team, Peppi and Antoinette Pietracatella; an Italian restaurant, one of whose owners has a very French name is hard to forget. My four children, wife and I enjoyed well-priced, good Italian food. I was back this week with the tripe club and am pleased to report that the food is still good and the still well priced. The entree of tripe soup was supposed to have been had with a small dish of tripe condiment (slices of tripe, red onions, chilli in a vinegar and sugar dressing) but like the fifty something other diners, it was so good on its own that it was gone by the time the soup arrived. While the taste of the soup may have been enhanced by the condiment, it was fine on its own. Probably one of the best I have tasted. The main course comprised two types of braised tripe: Moroccan and Asian. Both were delicious and were served with couscous and glass noodles. The couscous was a little gluggy (I prefer mine on the grainy side) but the glass noodles were perfectly done. Serves were plentiful and constantly topped up. It was an especially hot day in Perth but unless the air conditioning unit had an arctic setting, not a lot could be done about the heat and humidity. That said, it could not detract from the very good food.

• Visited February 2013
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Thanks for the great meal. After attending a wildcats game in the city we decided to go to Main Street for a meal but the restaurant we usually go to had shut the kitchen. The staff at the Villa Picasso had no problems with providing us with great service and great food at 10pm. The lamb shanks were tender and really tasty. The pizza was equal to any other quality pizza places. They accommodated to my friends paella preferences. A variety of sweets were available- the death by chocolate was very sweet but enjoyed by three people. The tiramisu was as good as any around.

“Happy with our meals.”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Went to lunch using a voucher deal.Were told we could not have the seafood platter because we had not ordered it with 24 hours notice.Had a lobster dish and a fillet steak.Both were very well presented and tasted great.Service was fine.Would be happy to go again and to recommend to friends.

• Visited May 2012
Perth, Australia
“Could be great but is just average. Average service. Overpriced. Food is good but not for the money you pay!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Visited Villa Picasso after not having been there for about 7 or 8 years.
The place is like a time warp. Nothing has changed except;
The prices
The service.
Prices have gone up and service has gone way down.
Rude and inattentive staff. Actually hardly any staff at all.
Manager was rude and was on the telephone almost the whole time we were there.
Manager didn't bother putting the phone down to greet you just kept you waiting. The waiter did the best he could on his own.
Manager may as well not have been there!
Food was good. Decent sizes but expensive and absent of side dishes despite the hefty prices.
Desserts- below average and not as described on the menu.

See you again in 7 years for another try!