“A great high-tea treat for the family”
Review of The George

The George
Ranked #364 of 1,390 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Description: The George is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7am till late Tuesday to Friday, and from 5pm till late on Saturday. The George hosts High Tea from 1-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Canberra, Australia
“A great high-tea treat for the family”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I took my family here for high tea on a Sunday. Booking was easy online. While located on St Georges Terrace, there is ample paid parking behind the building. This was a perfect way to spend the afternoon with my family. Service was exemplary and the restaurant handled a wide range of dietary options. I'll definitely go back again next time I'm back in Perth.

Melbourne
“Perfect high tea!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Being a bit of a high tea addict, on my trip to Perth I decided to find somewhere for high tea. The George is centrally located on St. George's Terrace and although unassuming from the outside, on entry you are in a fabulous space.

The high tea incorporated a three tier serving platter along with a side plate of the best scones I've had for a long time. Although a high tea fan, scones usually don't thrill me, but these were light and delicious. A combination of savoury and sweet treats made for a perfect balance.

Our waitress was friendly, helpful and delightful. A great afternoon and highly recommended to visitors and residents of Perth!

Sydney
“Great value for a special night out”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked a table for 7 for a celebratory event. The original table that we were given was very noisy due to another large party, but the staff were very accommodating and arranged a table in a quieter area. The menu offered a great selection of meals at pub prices but restaurant quality. We all enjoyed ourselves greatly and were very pleasantly surprised by the final bill. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

Fremantle, Australia
“High Tea”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Took my son for a Mother's Day treat. We were in the first sitting for the day at 11:30. The place was fully booked. We had to wait ages for service but to be fair everyone wanted food and drinks at the same time.
The food was nice and there was plenty of it - we couldn't finish ours.
They had a jazz singer to entertain us which was a nice idea.
My son thought is was amazingly posh lol
I think that next year they need to get their timing far more organized - waiting half an hour for a glass of champagne and almost 45 minutes for our tray of goodies is a bit much.

1 Thank Sandra G
Western Australia
“Interesting menu”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

WE walked into this restaraunt without a booking and they were very happy to accommodate us.
The waitress was a delight!
The seating was a concern as the chairs are very high and for short people they are quite a challenge.
The wine list was good and we chose a nice bottle of cloudy bay. The wine glasses are a very unusual shape and were so nice I would have liked to purchase my own set.

Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Patagonian tooth fish was on the menu and received positive reports. The salmon was great and I understand the lamb was fine. I quite enjoyed the evening here apart from the un dignified attempt to climb on to the seat.
I would eat here again.
The price was not too bad for Perth.

Visited March 2014