“Genuine Korean food at reasonable prices”
Review of Took Bae Kee

Took Bae Kee
Ranked #197 of 1,410 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good food, great service, reasonable prices. Place is a little cramp though.
The witnesses are attentive and the service is prompt. Great value for money and great range of choices. Will visit again!

1  Thank cyberon

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I happened upon this place by chance as I was staying further across the road at Kings Perth. Seeing that the place was run by Koreans, I decided to try it out should time be made available.
The menu was not too extensive, but we had the beef stew, and a Bibimbap. The drinks available were of good value, likely sourced from the Korean supermarket next door.
Service was quick, food was piping hot and good. This was a good hearty meal as we had been feeling under the weather that day.
There was a continuous stream of customers, which meant that were not the only ones who decided this was a hidden gem :)

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I am a seafood lover. I had the seafood dish. I chose to cook it at my table. My first experience in this style. Presentation of everything was outstanding. Very informative and helpful wait staff as I am not familiar with Korean crusine, but I do know seafood. I cooked and ate it right at my table. I had control of cooking and dining experience. I had the right tools for the job. Nice fresh hand towels after the experience. I observed other diners and what exquisite dishes they had. Thanks Took Bae Kee for my first experience, 10 out of 10,

1  Thank Mykara
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is an unpretentious cafeteria focusing on serving good meals at reasonable prices. The soups including kimchi soup stew, fermented soy bean soup, beef bone soup and tofu soup (they come with rice) are what I love and they are very popular especially on colder days, and the seafood pancake or pan-fried dumplings is a great starter if you are really hungry, otherwise beware of overeating.

Tables are small (up to 4 people after that you have to combine), and place quickly fills up partly due to its size. Although this is a place for a hearty filling Korean meal, it does come with lots of frills: you get pretty paper table mat, the chopsticks are always wrapped in purpose-designed chopstick wrapper, service is prompt, plenty of smiles and you get water for the table and yummy snacks like kimchi, soy bean sprouts and all the little delights on the house without asking. But if you order drinks (try the cinnamon tea or the rice milk in a can, which sells at an unbelievable $1), they usually do not serve water anymore unless you ask for it.

The sizzling dishes are annoying because the smoke lingers and then it goes home with you. I think perhaps for this reason, they have another branch on Barrack Street. Over there you have exhaust fan etc like a proper Korean barbeque restaurant, you also get really good hot pot but you need at least 2 people to savour that. I believe it is run by the very pretty daughter.

Right next to it is a Korean provision shop (I wonder if they are all family!) and that offers all kinds of frozen steamed/pan-fried dumplings and frozen sliced Korean bbq meat for take-home.

Funny enough, the one does not have its own webpage and it closes before 9pm. The one which does is the other branch and it closes later in the evening too.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

A friend of mine took me there for a lunch early in the week, I’m not impressed. The side dishes are too sweet for me. I have sizzling calamari as main, it’s overcooked and not as fresh as they should be. Overall, didn’t enjoy my meal there.