“Good place !”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent fried chicken and rice for only $5... You can have teriyaki for the same price as well. Well known restaurant.. It's always busy!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I really like the ramen. In my opinion, it's currently best ramen available in Perth, but unfortunately portion size is inconsistent, and also please do recheck your order twice because the waitress/waiter very often than not misheard/misunderstand your orders, hence the 3 stars.

The place is quite small and cramped, but not overly uncomfortable. The soup base is very yummy. I always go with the spicy soup, but I know the normal basic miso is also nice. Try the ramen with pork ribs. It's the best! BUt they do finish up quite early, so come early! Their takoyaki is to die for! Biggest takoyaki I've ever seen in Perth.

Three choices of noodles make it interesting even though they pretty much taste the same, just diff colours. Service is always good, but please as I said, check your order (both dine in and take away). It happened to me where I ordered takeaway ramen with pork ribs, got home, the pork ribs were nowhere to be seen. Then once I dined there and asked for extra sweet corn, but no corn was added and I had to ask for it again. Remember, you still get charged for extras.

My main problem is the portion size. It appears very inconsistent, one day they give you decent portion, but other time they cut down on it. And when I said portion, I mean the chashu, seafood etc that they seem to cut down sometimes, which I'm sure it must be due to lack of supply. And yet they charge us for normal price, which I really think is a BIG RIP OFF!

Once when we dined there, my bro ordered the large sized ramen and they only gave him ONE single thinly sliced chashu.. THAT'S IT!!! Seriously?!
We didn't check it before we ate because hey, we trusted them and never had any problem before, but now we know nothing is perfect!
When he found out, it was too late. He already ate halfway, hard to argue or prove it.
That also happened to me when I ordered take away. They only gave me one thinly sliced chashu, when just last week (I ordered same thing) I had 3 chashu. So go figure!

So big note to all of you guys:

- Check your order and make sure the waiter/waitress understand you
- Check your food before you eat it (guess its harder for take away). A normal size ramen should at least come with 3 chashus (remember they are thinly sliced) If they only give you one slice, you better ask them cos they sure make big bucks out of it by jst giving one slice
- Come early to avoid long queues and also so that you can try the pork ribs

Despite of all the negative things I said, I will still go to this place. Cos as I said, nothing is perfect. Besides, I guess there's no other choice for good ramen in Perth...for now :-)

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ramen here was good! Queue alone speaks for itself. Really close to the Criterion Hotel on Hay Street which was convenient for me and my partner. More seating behind but was a cold day so we sat inside!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My friend recommended this place as they are meant to serve the best ramen in town. It is true that they have a large selection of choices and they are more than generous on the portions! It was very good. The place was packed even around 2pm which is always a good sign.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This place is great for a good decent meal with friends.

The place is too small for big groups but seats well if you are by yourself or with up to three or so of your friends.

Here at Kangaroo Inn we always recommend our guests try Nao if they are looking to try some authentic Japanese food. If they don't beleive us we simply point them to the queue?

Those that like spicy food I presonally recommend the chili infused ramen with the spicy sauce.

If you eat pork, the sliced char siew here is awesome and goes very well with their ramen.

The noodle portion is large and satsifying but for those who like meat, it may be good to order additional serves of meat.

I have yet to try their terriyaki chicken as everytime I want to order it I feel like I should be eating Ramen, but I have seem others eat it and they look delicious.