“Well priced hotel close to everything”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here as a family of 4, we had a room on the 2nd floor without any view, we had 2 double beds and the pillows were comfortable, the bathroom was a little dated and although I booked for 2 adults and two children there were only 2 towels in the bathroom and we had to go and ask for 2 more.

The cost was well priced other than the additional $29 charge for valet parking. On checking out we went to valet and found our car which was stuck behind a family trying to fit their baby seat and we could not leave as it was a drive way and we were stuck behind them.

The hotel itself is central to everything in the city and we went for some lovely walks looking at the amazing restored buildings, we also found it easy to get to and from attractions.

Overall we would stay again. Prehaps upgrading our room next time if we stay for longer than one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear GABETJTBC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really do appreciate your feedback as it is a great way to understand how we can improve our service i.e. only having two towels in your room.

It sounds like you and your family got to see quite a bit of Perth and with the hotel being one of the most central locations in Perth it certainly does make it very easy to catch a CAT or jump on a train to Fremantle or simply walk around our amazing city.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre when you next visit Perth.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed there 2 weeks and enjoyed it. THe staff was polite and swift to my requests, the room was well kept, there was even some complementary Shiraz wine! Good and healthy breakfast. Of course, strategically located (on the side of the apple store :), in the center business district). Very short distance from the river where I could kick back and run my 5k avery day after work in a wonderful surrounding. Then, there are some nice restaurants around and posh shopping.
Well, all was not perfect, but not particularly because of the hotel: every hotel in perth makes you pay the parking an outrageous fee per day, that adds to the bill to the tune of 30 aus$ per day!

Room Tip: HIgher floors offer a nice view on harbor or downtown and are less noisy during the weekend!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sagittarius111

Dear sagittarius111,
We very much appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your review. It is great to read you really enjoyed your time in Perth and with us at the hotel. Our location is certainly special as you have commented and we are a short walk to the Swan River and Kings Park where the views are stunning.
I am delighted you found our staff to be polite and fast to action any of your requests which is what we strive for at the Holiday Inn. With respect to parking we are pleased to inform that we are one of the less expensive for parking in the city as we have endeavoured to keep prices reasonable.
When you are next travelling to Perth, we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here for business and all went smoothly. Arrived after midnight and check in was flawless. In the room within 5 minutes. Smiling person at the front of desk was refreshing after a marathon flight. The room was clean. The bathroom was dated but clean. It is all as expected for Holiday Inn. None of the over promises and under delivery. Just consistent.

Had room service and it all went smoothly as well. Rooms tidied as expected everyday. Left some gifts in the room at check out as a token of appreciation. Will happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor as it is further away from the chatter on the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank GoldenDragon338

Dear GoldenDragon338

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about the hotel and kind words about our wonderful staff. At the Holiday Inn Perth strive for a fast and efficient service to enable you to just relax, be yourself and feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre on your next visit to Perth.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 May 2012

LOCATION: Centrally located in Hay Street. Valet parking cost AUD 29.

HOTEL: Disorganised, arrogant, argumentative front-desk staff. “Concierge” did not understand the expression “fusion food” hence he directed us to three Italian restaurants located a couple of steps apart and stated they were all as good. Must be the worst informed “concierge” in Perth. Good beds and pillows. Good shower. Foul odor from the bathroom.

CONCLUSION: Very good location. Awful check-in staff. Useless “concierge”.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank HKasyouare
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear HKasyouare,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was so disappointed to read your comments as this is certainly not the service standards we strive to achieve. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you received.

Given the level of your dissatisfaction, I would appreciate if you will allow me the opportunity to discuss your stay with you. I would very grateful if you could please contact me by direct message or at the hotel directly to discuss this further.

Apologies again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 27 April 2012

It took me 3+ years and a couple hundred of room nights later (mainly for business) to finally start writing a review. I've read some really useful ones over the years and I thought it's probably time perhaps I contribute too. Hopefully you'll find useful.

The room:
The building and room looks tired and old but notwithstanding that, clean and spacious. I was in a queen sized room. Bed is comfy and had soft and firm pillows standard.

Internet:
Wireless available, but only one device at a time. You could use the cable for your laptop though, and wireless for your phone. Connectivity is a little slow, 1GB limit a day.

Food:
Only had the breakfast, nothing too fancy. Standard breakfast as you would expect from a 3-4 star hotel. They do provide take away cups for coffee, which was nice.

Convenience:
This was the key reason I booked into Holiday Inn. Probably the most conveniently located hotel in Perth city. Metres (literally) away from the mall and taxi rank. A stroll away from Northbridge.

Pricing:
Perth hotel varies from week to week! Not a bad idea to get an overview what hotel prices are like from a major hotelier site (eg. hotelclub.net) and then try Holiday Inn's official site. I find they offer specials that are quite worthwhile.

Service:
Acceptable and generally friendly. No complains.

Just so you know:
Weekend nights could be a little noisy, you could hear them from your room.

Summary
Acceptable, slightly above average hotel. Great location sways me over.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Moretojustabed

Dear moretojustabed,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your thorough and complete review. We really appreciate your thoughts and feedback which is very useful for us.

I am pleased to hear that our fantastic location to Perth CBD (we agree with you that we are the most centrally located hotel in the city), convenience to taxi’s, easy access to Northbridge and the take away coffee all met your needs. Also appreciate your comment around pricing as the Holiday Inn Perth Official site offers the lowest internet rate guarantee.

Thanks again for taking your time to share your feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kindest regards,
Deane.

Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here twice whilst visiting perth. The location is fantastic just nicely out of the main town but a two minute walk. Very close to the bars and restaurants so can be noisy depending on the room you have.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank noodle1490
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Noodle1490

Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. Our wonderful location puts you right in the heart of the city and you get to experience the real Perth.
Please feel free to contact myself or the hotel directly in regards to your preferred room for your next visit.
Thanks again for your review and we can’t wait to have you stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 April 2012

As the title says, keep this as your last resort.
I've stayed in Holiday Inn Portsmouth (UK), as well and I think all of their hotels are exactly the same. Holiday Inn UK at least had complimentary breakfast...this one doesn't.

The lift was really small, almost no space left after pushing in 2 luggage and 2 people...plus it was cranky as well.

Location is the only advantage for staying in this hotel.

Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Ujju

Dear Ujju
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory and extend my sincere apologies for any service shortfalls in particular the lifts.
I would very much appreciate if you would permit me the opportunity to understand further what went wrong. I would be most grateful if you could please contact me either via direct message or at the hotel directly.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in Australia.
Kind regards