“Great location, friendly staff.”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Great location, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favourite hotels to stay while in Perth City. It is very well located, lots of shops and cafés nearby. The beds are so comfy with plenty of pillows. The staff on this occasion were very friendly and check in was fast and fuss free. As an IHG member I was given a complimentary newspaper delivered to my room, as well as some lollies in the evening. Didn't eat this time at the hotel, but on previous occasions have and the food has been okay. The room was on the second floor but was super quiet and nice and dark. All in all a good stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OzfamilyPerthHills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Brilliant location - close proximity to the Murray St mall, Raine square and train station. Bed was comfortable. Staffs were friendly and showed great flexibility and initiative. Housekeeper was honest as she helped placed a piece of jewelleryi dropped on the floor, on the table. Everything we experienced in those five days were a great indication of the training and careful selection of staffs- reception, seven 88 staffs, husekeeping, etc. Overall a wonderful experience and would recommend anyone visiting Perth to book with holiday inn (can't stress that enough)!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had a day's layover in Perth before heading off to the airport the next morning. Chose this one because of my status in the IHG program. Not that it was cheap. Nothing was cheap in Perth !

I wasn't expecting too much from this stay given some of the reviews. I was curious as to how much recognition they would give my Plat status. They did acknowledge it and offer to bring a bottle of wine to our room. But they would not give me an upgrade. No way, no how. I even asked VERY politely ! :)

While the rooms were a bit tired, they were clean and smelled good. We had a dble twin (traveling with wife and child), and they were very adequate. AC worked fine and was actually fairly quiet. (no trying to sleep through Boeing 737-like noises), and (wonder of wonders) there were even two power points empty so I could plug in a couple of chargers ! I'm not quite sure what most hotel room designers are thinking when they design the obstacle course power point search. (under the desk, behind the TV around the chair ect, ect)

Great location, good selection of cafes/restaurants right outside.
All the staff we came in contact with were extremely helpful and friendly. From the young man that checked us in, to the individual that brought our amenities, to the bar staff from whom we requested extra ice. Staff was impressive !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Usozzie
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Usozzie,
Thank you for your review on our trip site and choosing to stay with us on your recent layover in Perth. We are delighted to hear from our IHG Rewards members and appreciate all our valued guest reviews as this helps us to improve our services and facilities. We are very sorry that we could not offer you’re an upgrade in this instance as part of being an IHG Rewards Platinum member, you are entitled to an upgrade based on the hotels availability, regretfully on this day we did not have the availability which I do apologise for. Please be assured we are very conscious of our loyal IHG Reward member benefits and make every effort to uphold these.
I’m pleased to read that you and your family were able to relax and enjoy your time at our hotel, without the aeroplane noises in the room or the stress of hunting for a free power point. I was delighted to read that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to assist you throughout your stay as this is the level of service we strive to achieve very day for every guest.
We wish you and your family a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
Warmest regards
Deane.
Manchester
Reviewed 12 December 2013

You couldn't ask for a better location when visiting Perth, this hotel is literally right in the centre of the city. Walking from the hotel is easy and the free tourist Cat Buses pass right outside the front door.

Rooms are a good size, although starting to show signs that they may need a refurb soon.

Staff are excellent and always happy to help.

We would return here on our next visit to Perth.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is in a good location though Hay Street is one way so that makes access by car more difficult. Parking at the hotel is very expensive but then overnight parking in Perth is not much cheaper, so you pay for the convenience. The entrance lobby and bar have been smartened up, but this standard of decor stops once you head for your room. Carpets are dark and may be clean but don't look it. The rooms aren't well furnished. Drawer space is limited and the armchair provided is very uncomfortable. The fridge is emptied, you have to request minibar items, which is good, as I didn't want or need them. I was in Perth for an extended business trip so after a while the most important thing becomes how easily you can live in the space provided. Key to this is the staff who are without exception very friendly and helpful. The location is good, with plenty of bars and restaurants in easy walking distance. If you are into luxury designers good shopping you are in exactly the right place. All the major fashion and luxury brands have an outlet nearby. I didn't use the hotel restaurant much, but when I did I found the hot buffet breakfast was excellent, with eggs cooked to your order rather than sitting over the heat for a long time. Full room service is available, but I used the "take inn" room service option a few times, which is food served takeaway style. No frills (or plates), it comes served in a box but this cuts the price down and the quality is still very good. There is a guest laundry available if you don't want to pay sky high hotel prices for valet laundry. Beware also the internet charges. Wireless is free in the lobby and this might be a better option for basics like checking email. There is also an Apple store next door which has free wireless which you can pick up outside. Overall I'd recommend this hotel, for business or tourist guests, mainly for the outstanding quality of the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tucaon, AZ
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I spent two weeks in the Perth Holiday Inn. This was more than enough time to see the good and the bad. There is far more bad than good. Aside from location I really am struggling to think of a positive. Once checked in you are treated by dark and dingy hallways with stained carpet that was layed down in the mis 1980's. Once in the room you will be treated with stained carpets and a dirty bathroom. Be papared to wear flip flops at all times in your room. All surfaces are covered with hair or mold. I beleive that when the rooms are not occupied the staff shaves monkeys and leaves the hair behind. The shower was covered by mold. Requests to the cleaning crew were ignored and more hair added to the floor.

But wait there is more...the wifi is painfully slow and the hotel man ament may decide to do electrical work in middle of the night so the emergancy light turns on and wakes you up...thanks for that Holiday Inn!

I am suggesting my company no longer use this hotel and suggest you, the reader, I would also suggest you do not stay at the Perth Holiday Inn either.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank sim06
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear sim06,

Thank you for writing your review on your recent experience whilst staying with us and I am so very sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay. I would like to contact you to discuss your stay experience so I have sent you a private message and would be happy to connect with you directly.

I would like to assure you our focus is always on delivering a wonderful guest experience and are always disappointed to hear or read when our guests did not enjoy their stay with us.

I look forward to connecting with you and hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Perth.

Kind regards
Deane
Reviewed 7 December 2013

No pool, service in buffet breakfast substandard and really no value for money. Couldn't even get pancakes at buffet! Have stayed here 3 times prior but since pool closed-hotel may as well
close. Will never stay here again. 8-(

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Nicholina74
Dear Nicholina74,
Thanks so much for your review which was certainly disappointing to read.
I certainly understand how you feel, but I would like to re-assure you that we are always working to ensure we delight our guests by delivering wonderful service. With respect to your points above please be assured I have examined these with my Leadership team and taken the appropriate action.
In regards to the pancakes, whilst these are not on the buffet they are available and freshly prepared on request. We have updated our signage to ensure “pancakes” on order is clearly visible for guests when entering the restaurant.
By way of explanation about not having a pool available, we removed the pool due to very limited use to make way for a planned refurbishment which will see an increase in capacity in the F&B area on the ground floor which will improve this amenity. For information, we recently developed an alternative option for guests who wish to use a pool which is available now.
Again, our apologies and we are all disappointed you won’t be staying with us again, however, if you would like to discuss your comments with me directly I would be delighted to hear from you and can be contacted through my email address Deane.Palmer@ihg.com.
In the meantime, I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New year and successful 2014.
Kindest regards,