“Nice extended stay”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Location is excellent, right in downtown and close to train station. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Room service was satisfactory. For an extended stay(we were there for one week), they offered complimentary bottle of Australian wine, fruit plate and movie.

Downsides are:
- king size bed room was not available when requested
- There's no pool at the hotel

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Daisy H
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Daisy H,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

The hotel location is perfect for shopping, sightseeing and there are plenty of public transport options close by.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the additional welcome amenities for your extended stay.

Indeed the hotel does not offer a swimming pool however our Concierge team would be happy to direct you to the closest pool facilities.

Thank you again and the team and I hope to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is fine, decent location, reasonable price by Perth standards and the rooms are OK although could do with a refurb. The staff are generally very friendly and helpful and I was upgraded to a king room which didn't look like anything special but they gave me a free bottle of wine every day along with some snacks.

The big down side is the parking. They only have valet parking which I don't like anyway. The staff are not capable of following basic instructions. Every time I got my car back they had moved the seat and fiddled with the mirrors. I asked continuously for them not to do this which they said they would but just ignored me. They also left a nice hair grease mark on the side window every time!! Very gross!! I guess this was because the needed to look round a tight corner when parking but a professional would have opened the window! And for $29 parking charge per night!

All in all, a bit amateur. A decent stay but don't expect service like you would receive in the USA or Europe. These guys wouldn't last 2 minutes there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Marraminga,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the valet parking service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We did appreciate the kind words for the staff service as well as the high scores for Cleanliness and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This Holiday Inn is in the best location in the city. Its close to all the bars and restaurants and if you like shopping, this is where all the major brands are found with department stores literally around the corner.

From the hotel, its a short walk to Shafto Lane where you will find a choice of good food, drink and entertainment.

The staff and service at the hotel were excellent. We stayed for 4 nights and had a great time in Perth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MustangCruise70

Dear MustangCruise70,

What a wonderful review that describes the hotel really well.

The team are passionate about providing genuine and caring service to our guests so I am pleased that you found the service excellent.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope we shall have the opportunity to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Average bland room in 4 star hotel that could be anywhere in the world. An inviting messy reception with bar area adjacent. Excellent location, however, close to railway station for Freemantle, surrounded by places to eat and drink and walking distance to Kings Park, around 15 minutes walk.

Best thing about the stay was breakfast: fresh and tinned pieces of fruit, great little juicer for juicing the carrots, celery, apples, beetroot and ginger provided and some good quality bacon but at $29 (£16) it isnt 'good value'.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jabjaw,

Thank for taking the time to review the hotel and I am pleased that the location was ideal for your visit to Perth.

The juicer at breakfast provides a refreshing and delicious juice to start the day and conveniently you can add whatever fruits are best to your liking! I am sorry you didn’t find the full buffet breakfast good value. We do also offer a Continental Buffet section for $24.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel. The team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here 28th Jan to 4th Feb for last week of Australian holiday. Right in centre of city and short walk to shopping centre, bars, free CAT buses and also the metro line to the beach (do visit Cottesloe beach)
Very friendly welcome on check in and we were greeted by name every time we came back in the hotel . 6th floor room did not have much of a view (other rooms across central courtyard) but it is city centre so unavoidable, but it was a good size, very quiet, a very comfortable bed and spotless bathroom with shower cubicle. Breakfast excellent with plenty of choice. Bar and restaurant with outside seating added that little extra touch. We can highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah M

Dear Shirrah,

Thank you for your great review! The CAT buses are a great way to see the city centre and the Red CAT stop is conveniently located on Hay street just down from the front entry of the hotel.

The beds are very comfortable with the choice of Holiday Inn ‘soft or firm’ pillows. You will find the pillow choice at Holiday Inn’s worldwide as it is a unique brand standard.

The breakfast buffet does offer wonderful variety and our chef takes great pride to ensure that freshest possible selection is offered.

The team really do strive to connect with guests from the moment of check in to farewelling them until next time.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendation. We do look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed there Dec. 24, 2013-Jan. 3,2014. Location is the best! Close to everything important. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly, specially Isabela (from Brazil). All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Debbie B,

Thank you for a great headline! The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping, restaurants and close to public transport options. I agree the location is the best!

Thank you for recognising Isabella from reception. I am delighted she was able to assist you and I will pass on my personal thanks.

I hope you were able to join the loyalty program IHG Rewards. As of this year all IHG Rewards members are able to enjoy complimentary WiFi.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope myself and the team will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed with my wife from 21st to 24th of Jan 2014. As everybody else said, location is best....the only two other hotels that can match this location are rydges and ibis, while all others even the famous ones are far inferior location-wise. Perth Underground station is at a stone's throw, which makes this place wonderfully well connected.

About the hotel, it is a nice basic hotel. I had booked a normal/ standard room and was surprised with the tiny size of the room. My room was 526, which is on the back side with not much to view from window but quieter as it is away from the street.

Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, am grateful for that. I became IHG rewards club member after booking this trip at the hotel and the hotel was kind enough to extend me a free wifi and free daily newspaper during my stay, which was awesome. Another awesome thing was the availability of both soft and hard pillows with label on them, which we appreciated a lot as my wife likes to sleep on soft while I prefer hard/ firm.

We did encounter some housekeeping issues when we saw stains on our used cups/ mugs after the room was refreshed and provided feedback on that during check-out. I believe cups and mugs should be replaced every time and should be sanitized in a dishwasher before being returned to the room, but I have found that 90% of hotels do not practice it, so I normally keep disposable paper cups with me. Another thing that bothered us was the cost of mineral water bottles, a 600ml cost us around $4 and 1L or 1.5L was around $6 or $7, which we found to be pretty unreasonable. The range of movies available on MOD (movies on demand) was good but the prices can be a wee-bit reasonable.

Overall it was a good stay and I would certainly recommend the hotel.

Thanks,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NQ8286
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear NQ8286,
Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback from your recent stay with us, we are always delighted to receive feedback from our guests as it assists us to continuously improve our service. There is no doubting our location in the heart of the city makes it so easy to discover what Perth has to offer and get around. With respect to your room and for future reference, you were allocated to a corner room which are slightly smaller than other rooms available within the hotel, but they have the added benefit of being quieter.
With respect to your comments about the housekeeping, please be assured this is not the standard we strive for and I have discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure this not occur again in the future for any of our guests.
Congratulations on joining IHG Rewards as the membership certainly does have great benefits as you have noted, further the points don’t expire so you can build these over time and you can use the IHG Rewards membership in any IHG hotel worldwide, along with building your membership to a Platinum status which offers even more advantages.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre when you next visit Western Australia.
Warmest regards,