“Good value for Perth prices”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Perth
“Good value for Perth prices”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

No complaints at all. Of all of the places I looked at the HI Perth was the best value. I was happy and would definitely stay again.

Location is fantastic, nice bar, great breakfast.

They were happy to switch the ham out for smoked salmon on my eggs Benedict which was very good.

• Stayed February 2014
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Simonhendra,

I am delighted to read (along with the team) that you were happy with your stay with us and you found our staff to be accommodating with your meal requests.

Our team always strive to deliver a fantastic experience for all our guests to make their stay memorable and enjoyable.

Thank you for your time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Perth City Centre when you next visit our great city.

Warm regards,

Deane Palmer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed 4 April 2014

No matter where you stay in Perth, you are likely to get sticker shock from the prices. This is where having a free night certificate from the Chase IHG Visa comes in very handy! At the time we stayed, room rates were over $300! Not a bad deal for a $49 annual fee! Of course you can always use 35,000 points for a free room as well.

The location is excellent – right downtown and walking distance to almost everything. What you can’t walk to, you can get to using the free CAT buses. There are plenty of restaurants in all price categories nearby and we enjoyed our dinner of Mexican takeaway from across the street. If you aren’t up for a taxi fare, bus # 37 will drop you a couple blocks away. The Rottnest Ferry terminal is also only a few blocks away.

The staff were very friendly and happy to show us things like where to catch a CAT bus or how to get to Hertz and the Coles Supermarket so we could stock up for the trip. Rooms are pretty much cookie-cutter Holiday Inn, clean, reliable and free internet for IHG Rewards members.

The one criticism I have is the cost of parking. They offer $20 self-parking nearby or $35 valet under the hotel, both of which I thought were too expensive. The cheapest I could find was the Wilson garage at 517 Hay Street. If you know your rego number (unlikely if you are renting a car) you can book online for $7. Otherwise there is a night rate of $10 if you only park between 1700-0600.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tikibird,

I am very grateful for your review about your recent stay with us. I am also delighted you were able to utilise an IHG Rewards nights to stay with us. It certainly pays to be a member of IHG rewards for the free nights.

Our location is without doubt first class, right in the heart of Perth CBD which is as you have noted, close to almost everything you would want to see and close to public transport if you wish to venture further out of the city.

Our team are always delighted to read guest reviews and grateful you have acknowledged the friendly, caring attitude of our staff.

I have also noted your comment on parking and by way of explanation; we offer 2 options to provide our guests with 24 hour access to their vehicles. Whilst I acknowledge parking is not cheap in the city, from a hotel perspective, we offer the least expensive option in comparison to other nearby hotels.

Thank you again for your kind review and we will be very pleased to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Perth.

Warmest regards,

Muar, Johor, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is one of the best Holiday Inn hotel !
Excellent Staff, Centre location and Comfortable mattress !
Perth City Centre is very comfortable and conveniently located, all shops and restaurant in the neighborhood.
I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to your very efficient team ! We thoroughyly enjoyed and had a wonderful week in Perth ! Definitely will stay there again !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear TeoSangsi,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your time to provide us with your feedback; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the efficient service of our team, the comfort of the hotel and our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Albany, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I found this Hotel very centreley located to most of Perth's shopping and Malls. High end shops down one end in the King Street area other shopping in the Malls. On the Red Bus Route as well which is useful. Staff are polite and helpful. Quite inside, comfortable rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank swain_au
Dear swain_au,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our Tripadvisor site. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time & the convenience of being in the heart of Perth whilst staying at our great hotel. The team are also happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the great service we endeavour to deliver every day to all our guests.

We look forward to seeing you with us when you next make the drive (or fly) up from Albany.

Warmest regards,

Nottingham
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am reviewing this as a mid range hotel and ignoring the cost of the rooms. Perth, as many other people are pointing out, is an expensive place to stay.
I chose the hotel because it is in the heart of the CBD and an easy walk to major sights and restaurants. It looked and it was ideally placed for a visit to Perth.
We had a warm welcome from the reception staff on arrival.
We were pleased with our queen bed de luxe High Floor room.
The bedroom was plenty big enough for our two night stay and we liked the spacious bathroom with a separate shower.
I thought the breakfast buffet was excellent and I liked the choice of beers in the bar.
I qualified for free wi fi. ( I do not understand why Hotels charge for this in the 21st century)
What I particularly liked was the management reaction to a problem I had in the evening with hotel service. I was not happy, but shrugged and carried on with our evening. On our return the senior person present ( sorry I don't have her name) told me that she thought they had not lived up to the standards expected of Holiday Inn and presented us with complimentary breakfasts. I went from being disgruntled to extremely pleased with such proactive service.
I would definitely stay there again if I return.

Room Tip: The high room was nice, no noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LlewllynBren
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Located in Perth CBD, it's great if you don't drive. Valet parking is pricey at AUD$35. I had the impression it was AUD$25.

Stayed for one night for shopping and walking around town. It's about 5-10 mins walk to swan river bell tower and 10 mins walk to Perth Mint.

Sign up as an IHG rewards member and you get perks. Efficient check-in/out. I was given late check-out and I appreciate that. Was supposed to be given newspaper but that never arrived. Not a big issue.

Room is clean and like most Holiday Inns, you get two huge beds in the room. Bathroom is dated and in need of a major refurbishment.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank joshdes
Byron Bay
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had done some research on Trip advisor first, so the hotel was what I expected.

The hotel itself is overpriced for a mid-range hotel. But that is Perth, not much you can do about that. Location is good - right in downtown. The staff were good on reception, I have to say. As a platinum member they asked all the right questions, if I wanted late check-out, a newspaper etc. They at least made me feel like a member of IGH.

The mini bar was probably a good idea - instead of stocking it you are supposed to tailor your own. I usually never touch the mini bar at all, so whatever happened here I didn't mind, but I can totally understand why they might have done this - and the complimentary wine was a good touch.

The bar wasn't that great, those staff were friendly enough when it came to 'drinks' but if you asked them anything outside of that they would shut down. The bar itself is right off the reception, which isn't too great. You can sit to the side do you don't see the reception, but doesn't quite change the feel. Breakfast was great though on level 1.

For the room, the bed seemed a little bit too small length wise! But overall the room was clean. I liked the bathroom - I always enjoy the separate shower.

The location was also good for the distance of Kings Park nearby. Probably only 5 minutes away, a great walk if you want to get around in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 288djangos
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Jenna S,

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G