“Recommend”

Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for a business trip recently and having had previously poor experiences with hotels in the Perth area (overpriced rooms lacking decent facilities), was pleasantly surprised with a spacious and well appointed room, with free wifi.

Centrally located hotel with a raft of eateries literally over the road and around the corner.

Staff were great and very helpful - they make a big difference! Lifts were a little slow and the premises could benefit from fitting out stairs for guests who care to use them.

Sheets were clean, beds were firm, pillows clean and bathroom sparkling. Fittings and carpets in good condition and nothing shabby.

Will be back for my next Perth stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vaguelymovin
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi vaguelymovin
We are very happy to read that we turned your previous poor experience of Perth hotels around. Our location is without doubt one of the best in Perth situated on the doorstep of the business and retail precincts. I’m also delighted to read you found our staff very helpful and agree that they really do make all the difference; it’s what we work towards and strive to achieve every day. We trust you had a pleasant stay with us and are grateful you took the time to review our wonderful hotel on tripadvisor. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our great hotel when your next in Perth.

Very best wishes

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Location is excellent for business and for leisure. Recognition to Priority Club members. Very welcoming and attentive staff. Bathrooms could do with an update, but rooms are comfortable, decent beds, range of pillows. Good hot shower, excellent breakfast.

Always feel welcome here, and frequently stay here due to convenient location and good experiences I have had.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear JimCau
Your headline “staff make this a great property” is wonderful recognition for our team as we all work so hard to deliver the best guest experience possible and to read reviews like this reinforces why we do everything we do, thank you so much for that. The location of the hotel really is great for business and leisure alike and I’m pleased to hear you frequently stay with us and enjoy our amenities and breakfast. With respect to updating our bathrooms, watch this space. The team and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Perth.

Every best wishes

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Enjoyed 2 superb days at the Holiday Inn as part of a conference. Check in was smooth with all relevant information conveyed . The room had everything needed I especially enjoyed choosing either the soft or firm pillow. Dining on the first floor was of a high quality with the juice machine for breakfast a plus .The conference facilities were adequate although at some point during a silent pause you could overhear movement from an adjoining room , the conference food was of a high standard which included a 3 course diner menu. The hotel is in the city centre with shopping & eating 2-5 minutes walking distance. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hi QueenslandTommy

Thanks so much for your review on your recent stay with us as part of a conference. The pillow selection is always a favourite with guests and we are glad you enjoyed the choice. The F&B team love to read comments about breakfast as they work hard to make it the best buffet breakfast in the city. The head chef prides himself on conferencing dining options and is happy to read your comments being of high standard. We thank you again for your wonderful review and sincerely hope we can welcome you back the next time you travel to Perth.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here in February after a journey around Australia. The pool of hotels in Perth is not that great and so my expectations were not that high. I was on a lower floor but the room was quiet in spite of it looking out on to the main road. The place really needs a overhaul as the lifts worked sporadically and were clunky at best. The food and beverage offer was average but the beer was cold. The front of house staff I found to be perfectly friendly and very helpful.

I was charged an excessive amount for the room which given the quality on offer was shocking. I understand that there was some kind of Oil and Gas trade fair on in Perth at the time which meant that the hotel was fully booked and felt that they could get away with charging whatever they want. I pointed this out to the manager at the same time as reminding him that when things were less busy those of us with loyalty cards would stay somewhere else regardless of their expectation as to our loyalty to the brand. In fairness to the manager he appeared to get the point and was more reasonable......but it wasn't without some effort on my side.

Would I stay here again? If the price was right and I wanted to be in the centre of the Perth and until they build an Intercontinental or refurbish the equally tatty crown plaza hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dale3000
Deane P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Dale3000

I thankyou and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I can understand your disappointment and frustration over the pricing we set in line with most other Perth hotels during the Oil and Gas week as Perth can be expensive during the peak periods.

I have also noted your comment about the hotel requiring an overhaul and happy to let you know that we do have plans for the hotel in the not too distant future to turn this around.

I am also saddened to read that you felt undervalued as a loyal IHG Reward member which is certainly not the case and for which I apologise. We do highly value all our IHG Rewards members and make every effort to recognise and thank our IHG Reward members & deliver all member benefits the IHG Reward membership covers.

I was however, delighted to read that our front office team was friendly and helpful as we strive to deliver efficient, warm and friendly service every time.

If you wish to discuss your stay experience further, I would be happy to speak with you, if you could please contact me by direct message or at the hotel directly to discuss this further.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We've stayed at a few hotels in Perth and I think we've found out favourite. The service was excellent and the hotel room had everything we needed. The bed was extremely comfortable and unlike lots of hotels, there was hardly any noise from the other rooms or from outside. We were on the 7th floor which may have helped. The Holiday Inn is very close to the Hay Street Mall shopping area and a short walk to Northbridge. Breakfast was a highlight which we looked forward to each morning. Thanks to the Management for the "extras" we received. We'll definitelyr ecommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stormchaser71

Dear Stormchaser71,

Thank you so much for your recent review on your stay at our hotel which I have shared with the team. I was delighted to read the heading that you won't stay anywhere else in Perth. We aim high to deliver exceptional service and so glad that you recommend our hotel to your family and friends. I personally think our buffet breakfast on Level One is one of the best in Perth CBD and love to read that you looked forward to it each morning. Next time you are over from Melbourne the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kindest regards,
Deane

Reviewed 19 April 2014

For our first stay in Perth we chose this holiday inn and so very glad we did. The service provided to us was second to none from the level of service received, from all the staff (reception, breakfast, concierge and bar) to the complimentary wifi, chocolates, wine, nuts and chips in our room not forgetting the cold bottle of water left in our car on departure. The location to all that we go to the CBD for is good. The slightly dated hotel is truly overlooked by the detail in the service provided not forgetting the comfy bed and choice of pillows. WE WILL BE BACK

Room Tip: we had a higher floor and had no issues with city noise etc
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Minta13

Dear Minta13,

We greatly appreciate your comments about your recent stay in Perth. Can’t agree more with you that our location right in heart of Perth CBD is the perfect place for people to stay central and explore our beautiful city. I am delighted you found our team to be friendly, attentive and thoughtful as we strive to achieve to deliver great service every day along with the amenities offered in the room and such as the cold water in your car to help make your stay experience comfortable, unique and memorable. The team is happy to read you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Perth.

Kindest regards,
Deane

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the Holiday Inn Perth CBD for three days. Very impressed by the level of service and the assistance you receive from staff. The breakfast is great with a wide variety of items. Next Perth trip I will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Perth CBD.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Hi Michael W,

Thank you for your impressive review on your recent stay with us. My team and I always love to hear that our guests are impressed by the level of service they received. We really strive to achieve total guest satisfaction and it's great to read you will be staying with us next time you travel to Perth where you will be warmly welcomed to our great hotel.

Warmest Regard,