“Exceptional service...nothing was too much trouble”
Review of Crowne Plaza Perth

Crowne Plaza Perth
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Before staff knew I was a |Priority Club member I was treated to quick, friendly service from the concierge team. This is the first time I had found a price for a priority club hotel cheaper through Kayak than the official website. I did not pursue the cheapest price guarantee. I was offered a higher floor and the breakfast was quite substantial. I can also recommend their chai latte.
I stay in Crowne Plaza all over the world and was impressed by the service and willingness to assist from this young energetic team.

Well done

Room Tip: High floor facing the back...try their Cha Latte!! Use the Cat buses for free transport around t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Wajela,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Perth, we are delighted you found our colleagues added a sense of energy around how we do things and that we could provide you with a high floor room. As an experienced traveller your comments are appreciated and will be shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you again at a Crowne Plaza next time you travel.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The first thing to know is the place is not double glazed so the road noise is tremendous. We didnt sleep a wink. The couch is so old and worn out I got bruised when I say on it as there was nothing between me and the frame. The toilet leaked and left a yellow stain on the floor and the description on the web did not match the experience. If you are an IHG club member you will need to fight tooth and nail to get anything you are entitled to. At first I thought this was a staff training issue but the staff are very well rehearsed in their arguement a meaning they are ready not to serve you. All this would be forgivable if we're not for the price. They charge a 5 star price for a 3 star product. Don't book a swan king room thinking you will have great views those rooms are on the ground floor. All you can see is the road and the cars parked out front. You pay a premium for road noise and no view. Wouldn't you think the cheaper rooms would be on the bottom floor with no views and road noise and the sound of drinks fighting in the street and the expensive King River View rooms would be up high with an actual view? Never returning and warning family friends and clients. I'm glad we weren't here for a special occassion.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Dave B
Clivep471, Business Development Director at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Regularhotelient,

Needless to say we were disappointed to learn of your experience as a recent guest at Crowne Plaza Perth. Please allow us to apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you; we will be pleased to discuss your concerns further should you choose to contact us directly.

Kindest

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We arrived just after midnight following an international flight. Joseph on Reception was really welcoming and helpful. We were checked in quickly and found the room to be clean and comfortable. When I returned to the lobby, to use the wifi in order to email family of our safe arrival, Joseph addressed me by name when checking that I was okay.

I do not normally sleep well on my first night anywhere but the bed here was so comfortable that I slept well.

Although you have to pay for Wifi in the rooms (unless a Elite-IHG guest) you can get a limited span of free Wifi in the hotel lobby or use the conference suite. The free wifi may be a continuous allowance (I think it was 60 mins) of one log in per 24 hours because I was only on for about 15 mins but could not get back on 8 hours later because my time had expired.

A definite plus for us was the complimentary carton of milk in the room fridge - so much nicer than the powdered or long-life stuff in your tea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Clivep471, Business Development Director at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear AzureAkela,

We are delighted you found your stay with us restful, after all that is one of the most significant amenities we provide - restful sleep. Thank you for you kind comments around Joseph , we will share these with him.

We agree the small touches make a world of difference, like fresh milk.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms are big with comfortable beds and a big bathroom with bath and separate shower.
The location of hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the city shopping area.
Staff are friendly and very helpful.
There is a swimming pool and small gymnasium.
The breakfast buffet has a lot if variety.

• Stayed: October 2013
Clivep471, Business Development Director at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Bula fijiobsessed,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel, we are delighted you found the guest rooms spacious and our friendly colleagues contributed to your enjoyment.

We look forward to welcoming you back agian soon.

Kindest

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a standard room, which was very comfortable, well maintained and in a very good size. The bathroom was large with separate shower and all amenities you expect when staying in a Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The staff at check-in and check-out were very friendly and the concierge extremely helpful. We really liked the place and would stay here again without any doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Indy ES,

We are delighted you found Crowne Plaza Perth so accommodating, thank you for your kind remarks around our staff; this is an important area for us and it is always pleasing when we can share comments such as yours with our colleaguies.

Kindest .

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Luckily the purpose of my trip was for business and not pleasure as I would not be accepting the level of service that my husband and I recieved if we were personally paying for accommodation and breakfast - we stayed at the Promanade.
As far as rooms go, all the standard amenities were there. Comfortable bed and good sleep quailty, clean rooms and excellent prompt laundry service - that is all of the positives I have.
Here goes with the low points:
Check in was slow --> I battled to get the attention from the check in staff at all, once my husband and I stood at the counter right in from of a staff member for at least a minute before she could peel her eye's from the computer screen in front of her to acknowledge that we existed before proceeding to order us a taxi to go to the city.
Even this simple task was not done with ease as there were multiple cabs arriving but no concierge in site to ensure that the correct taxi was taken by the correct person. It was simply a scambles - taxis and people everywhere but no one going anywhere they planned to go!
Moving on to breakfast - we encountered rude staff here as well - it was clear that we had vouchers for the breakfast and were part of the conference that was being held at the complex but we were astounded by the way in which we were spoken to and directed to our seats.
I also visted Le Vie with 3 other conference attenders for a drink at the bar - all four of us ordered a cocktail at the price of $20+ per drink but they didn't arrive all at once - 2 arrived to the table after a considerable amount of time and we had to enquire as to the where abouts of the other two. This should simply not occur at such an expensive bar - we were given an apology but realistically overall the level of service recieved over the course of our stay was appauling.
This also spilled into the conference proper as well - the amount of alcohol that was distributed was minimal at all events I attended. For the price the organisers would have paid for the event the service again was not up to scratch. I dont think that it is right to have to continually ask for a beverage when there is roaming service and waited table service - just a joke.
My husband and I live in a rural town in WA where hospitality staff are limited and also minimally trainined - I accept this level of service where we live and I also look forward to going to the "big smoke" to enjoy a standard level of service - continually I have been disappointed by Perth's offerings of hospitality and the Crowne Plaza Perth has just continued to cement my previous thoughts - Need to do better!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Giboos
Clivep471, Business Development Director at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Giboos,

Your commnets have been posted to the incorrect Hotel-----it appears your commnets refer to Crown Promneade , (Burswood) not Crowne Plaza Perth.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is fairly good, given that Perth is generally overpriced. The staff are lovely, breakfast plentiful, and rooms are a good size. Overall, the rooms are looking a little tired and could benefit from a refurb. Free wifi in the lobby, but not in rooms.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear queenbee1981,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to hear your positive feedback on our hotel staff and breakfast service. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seem that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to the quality of your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P