“Great hospitality, spacious rooms and attentive service!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Perth

Crowne Plaza Perth
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 14 May 2014

After staying in two smaller boutique hotels in Perth on previous trips, we decided to spend a little more (only an extra $60 per night in total) and we were absolutely amazed at the difference in our experience. Our room atbthe Crowne Plaza was easilly 3 times larger than the ones we had stayed in with the smaller quirky boutique hotels. Small things that made a huge difference during our stay was a pillow menu, a bath tub in the bathroom with good quality bathroom ammenities, large soft quality bath towels and good quality bed linen. The in room dining menu had everything we wanted and another big difference was the quality of their produce, for example free range organic chicken, whereas other hotels wouldn't value sourcing such good quality produce as they are more about saving the pennies and not focusing on the finer details that add up and enahnce the overall experience. I can safely say the Crowne Plaza certainly has their eye on these details ans you really notice it when you stay there. Another huge plus for us was the rooms were quiet when you wanted to sleep and no disturbance or noise comes from the streets or from I side the hotel (we gave up the water view to have a room at the back of the hotel for peace and quiet). When the front desk staff noticed my wife was pregnant my wife was offered a pillow menu to choose a pillow similar to a maternity pillow to afford a better nights sleep. The front desk staff also offered a wake up call in the morning for us and had a taxi ready for us whilst we checked out as our flight was at 5:30am! Its these small details again that take away the stress of travelling and we will certainly be staying here again when we are next in Perth.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear TristanGeorge,

We agree the attention to detail and a distinctive level of more personal service makes a world of difference.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay on this occasion; we look forward to welcoming you agian.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Although it is a little off from the city centre (5 min drive), Crowne Plaza Perth offers travelers a comfortable respite with the Swan River just in front of the hotel. Rooms are well-appointed and comfortable. What sets this hotel apart is the excellent staff and the service they provide.

Room Tip: The twin rooms tend to be a bigger. River views are limited.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear See Kim,

We agree great people make great Hotels guests love. Thank you for your kind comments around our people, we appreciate you taking the time to post your observations this way; we are delighted you found your guest room well appointed and the location a refreshing change to the CBD.

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I travel to Perth regularly and choose to stay here, it is easy to get to with the many construction projects going on, is a good trip to the air port or south on the Kwinana, is quiet and within walking distance to CBD. The food and menus are just brilliant.
Prices in WA fluctuate dramatically and sometimes I cannot get this at a decent rate.
Beautiful views across the river and great sunsets.

Room Tip: If there are activities on across the road it may be a bit noisy, I get a room on the other side of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Karlos,

We agree one of the benefits of our location is easy access to local business parks , airport and CBD.

We are delighted you choose Crowne Plaza Perth for your business travel, we know you have many choices and if we can assist you further at anytime please let us know.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel often over the last 2 years as we live in regional WA. In fact nearly every time we come to Perth! It has a fantastic location, views, breakfast, pool and generally good-sized rooms.
The staff I could never fault, they are all so pleasant,helpful and even some recognize us when we return after several months away. They generally always upgrade us to a river view room (Which are so worth it) as I am a platinum elite IHG member. Free internet for IHG member is also a great feature.
The pool is the coldest pool in Australia i'm sure! I have heard it has been mentioned on national TV as being a cold pool and suitable for the many AFL teams which stay there (Another bonus if your into footy) but the pool is a great place to relax with a weekend paper and soak up Perth's fresh air and beautiful sunshine, every now and then jumping into the coldest water in Australia! But i'm not complaining it sorts you out!

Parking is easy, either on site for a cost $26 roughly or easy and plentiful on road parking outside on Terrace road. (free at nights and Sundays)

The buffet breakfast is epic and worth looking forward to, great if it is included in your room rate but expensive if you purchase alone, but probably worth it i guess!

I just wish they would spend some serious time on it and refurbish the rooms to a higher more modern standard. Especially the bathrooms, they are really dated and worn.
Being a IHG platinum member I have stayed in my fair share of Crowne Plaza and Holiday inn hotels and this one only falls down in its room quality. Room quality and price we find it a bit expensive, if the rooms were beautiful, modern and not so worn the price payed would be on the money.

We have stayed in Perth again recently and have actually stayed in another hotel, mainly just to try others out, which was great as it was fresh and modern but we miss the Crowne plaza for accessibility, location, breakfast, superb river views and finally the wonderful attentive staff. We will be back as soon as they refurbish this hotel.

Room Tip: River view is a must if it is your first time in Perth.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Peteykiwi,

Great people make great Hotels and it's always pleasing when our guests like yourself who travel frequently and have stayed with us over time recognise the attituide of our staff in such a positive way which contributes to the soul of the Hotel..
We agree breakfast can be epic....which is a really nice way to descibe the presentation of our buffet breakfast. And yes, the pool deck is a pleasant area to catch the sun and on those hot days no doubt the pool temperature is refreshing; we agree the ambient temperature can effect the pool during the day.

We are fortunate with a choice of parking facilities available to us which provides alternatives for our guests.

We do hope to see you again when you next travel to Perth.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here twice in December 2013. On both occasions the pool was drained and under repair....after all who needs a pool in December when its 30 degrees outside.

The pool episode sums up whole place....just plain tatty around the edges and in need of work.

The staff are friendly enough and the one breakfast that I had was ok ish, after all its Perth and whilst I love the city completely and Western Australia to boot...in fact the whole of Australia (I am an Australian Citizen after all) its just not really in the modern world and sophisticated breakfast buffets are not to be expected.

Theres no Intercontinental In Perth and so this is the top of the IHG tree in Perth as I understand it so you're stuck with this very average offering at a price which I feel is taking advantage.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dale,

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us in December. We apologise the pool was out of service at this time, unfortunately the work required was of a high priority and there is never a good time to complete necessary maintenance of this type moreso in Summer. We were however able to provide access to alternative arrangements as necessary.

We appreciate your observations and comments on the friendly nature of our colleagues and attention to your requirements; thank you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed one night here as we were in transit following an overseas trip. Our arrival was late in the day the checking process was quick and the front desk staff friendly and helpful explaining the hotel amenities and the location of the breakfast dining area. When we first arrived there was an air of calmness/ good ambience.
Our room was on the ninth floor,it was immaculate,a very good size with a good sized bathroom with separate shower and bath,there is plenty of hot water and soft towels also bathrobes are supplied.The bed was very
comfortable and was most welcome after a long haul flight from Europe. We arranged for a wake up call in the morning and then went to have breakfast before continuing our journey. the breakfast, you can have a choice of continental with excellent choices we chose to have the full breakfast again with very good choices the good was beautifully presented and cooked items were nice and hot. The standard of breakfast here is excellent, we have stayed in many international hotels during recent travels and this hotel breakfast rates very highly in comparison.
When we checked we were asked if we need a taxi booking for the next day and this was arranged. I guess what I can say is our stay was seamless, the staff are friendly and clearly take pride in their work. We would definitely stay again, this is a question I always ask when I write the reviews, would you stay again ? Definitely yes!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Clivep471, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Tasannie,

And we will be most happy to welcome you back again. Thank you for commenting on your stay with us; we are delighted you found our colleagues attentive and the breakfast selection of high quality and content.

It is nice to know in some way we released the stress of a long journey from Europe so you were fresh for the seemingly short haul then back home to Hobart.

Best regards.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

So I caveat this. I am giving five stars not because I think it is a five star blow you away flash hotel - I am giving it five stars for what it is - a four star hotel suitable for stopovers. It has some points of difference which give it top marks. It's an old hotel (rooms revamped) but they have done the best with what they have and make such an effort in every area.

The negatives - bathroom (I was in 404) needs an update - they are very old and basic... Gym has very restricted opening hours - I understand this is because of noise but move the gym or soundproof room, and get another treadmill please!

Positives - my room had a beautiful river view, was quiet, super clean.

Check in was seamless and concierge great - my bags were in my room before me along with a gift pack of toiletries and two magazines (nor sure if everyone gets this of because there were some hassles with my car parking - which wasn't even hotels fault).

Room service fantastic - great range of healthy and not healthy foods. Good vego range. I have never had a decent room service pizza but this was good - best room service one I have had.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Laura,

Thank you for rating Crowne Plaza Perth 5 stars for attitude, that's the best we can achieve. We appreciate your comments and agree the river view rooms do have an amazing outlook.

We are delighted you found the additional amenity was refreshing and useful, we have added this amenity for our professional female guests in recognition of a more personal touch.

We look forward to welcoming you back agian.