“Sweet suites” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Perth
NYC
“Sweet suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Hilton Perth in late Nov after visiting Margaret River wine region.

We booked our room using Wotif.com bid and were very happy finding out our hotel is the Hilton.
This also means we had an excellent value-for-money booking for a 5* hotel in this expensive city (for the weak US$).
On top, we are also HHs, so when we checked in I asked whether an upgrade is available and were offered a discounted upgrade of only AU$20 to a Deluxe Plus queen room.
What can I say?!
There nothing of a 'room' about a Deluxe Plus queen room as it is a full one bedroom suite with ample closet space and a spacious bathroom with a separate bath and shower.

We had food & drinks at the Globe restaurant & wine bar and while food is little expensive it's of superior quality and very well prepared. The wine list, however, is fairly prices and does honor to local WA and AU wines with a by-the-glass extensive and impressive selection.

The gym at the Hilton is a good city hotel gym that allows a full body workout.

Everyone we had the pleasure of speaking with at the hotel during our stay - front desk, concierge, restaurant servers - was very helpful and courteous.
Above them all, Sarah - Guest Relations Manager - was especially hospitable and service oriented.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Perth and definitely recommend it to both leisure and business travelers.

Room Tip: Don't be shy, ask for available upgrade deals.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear TravelguyNYC75

We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Parmelia Hilton – thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I’m especially pleased you were able to take advantage of our discounted upgrade and enjoyed your suite so much!

I’ve passed on your lovely comments regarding Sarah and the rest of the team – they really appreciate the recognition – thank you!

Thank you also for making special mention of your dining experience in The Globe – I’m so happy the wine list and food were so well received.

Safe travels and we hope to welcome you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the future. Best wishes from us all for a safe and happy Festive Season.

David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights in October. After 2 nights my back was in agony from the bed being too soft. I slept on the floor the next night to recover. One of my colleagues had the same problem - it would be great if they had harder beds, rather than all those choices of pillow.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve A
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Dear Steve A

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor – we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Naturally, I am very sorry you found your bed to be too soft. All our beds are new Hilton Serenity beds, having been replaced this year. When you next book to stay with us, please make mention of your preference for a firmer mattress and we will happily assist.

In the meantime, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in 2012 and wish you a wonderful Festive Season.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I recently completed a 3 night stay. The room (1001) on the top floor was one of the most dated rooms i have stayed in at the Parmelia Hilton (i have stayed there quite a few times over the last couple of years), however it fulfilled my requirements. I saw new carpet had been laid in the corridors when I arrived, but unfortunately no room renovation, which is way overdue. Air con system was ancient, and didnt really work but luckily I didnt need it or I would have complained.

Internet access is far too expensive and should be included in the room rate- I was paying nearly $350 per night including breakfast for a Queen room. Breakfast was excellent. Room service was excellent too and very impressed with all staff I encountered.

Room Tip: ask for a rom that has been renovated (not sure how many there are though...)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter B
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear PeterB

Thank you very much for your feedback and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay; in particular I’m especially pleased you were so happy with your dining experiences and that our team looked after you so well!

We have made a number of improvements to the Hotel this year including replacement of all beds with the Hilton Serenity Bed, new carpets throughout all guest rooms and corridors, new Precor fitness centre and refurbished pool area – and work is ongoing; however I’m naturally concerned your room allocation did not meet your expectations. We have a range of room types available so please let us know your preferences when next you book.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. In the meantime, the team at the Parmelia Hilton joins me in wishing you a safe and happy Festive Season.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We got this as a Mystery Hotel on Wotif, and I was partly expecting to get a really crappy room since we'd paid such a discounted price for it, but the room was above my expectations, and the service of the staff member who checked us in was impeccable.

I'm surprised that this hotel has not attained a proper star rating, though they have nominated themselves as 5-star. I'd say 4 and a half for sure, but if they want a 5-star rating they need to get into the bathroom grouting with a toothbrush! Aside from that minor and barely noticeable matter we really enjoyed our stay. The room was a good size, and the bed very comfortable. Walls slightly thin - could hear the people watching TV in the room next door, but we were up later than them so it wasn't a problem.

My husband and I stayed there as I had a work function to attend on Saturday night. Getting a taxi to and from the venue was easy. I'd stay there again, though probably not at full price!

1 Thank Australian_Argonaut
DavidC_PHP, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear Australian_Argonaut

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Parmelia Hilton Perth on TripAdvisor.

I’m naturally thrilled the team made such a great impression – in particular thank you for making special mention of the service you received upon checkin!

Your comment concerning the grouting is noted and has been immediately referred to our Executive Housekeeper – please accept my sincere apologies for this shortfall.

We’re delighted your stay with us exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the future. In the meantime, the team joins me in wishing you a safe and Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2012!

nyc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Hotels in Perth are downright awful.

This is one of the nicer ones, dated 90s floral cream glam but comfortable.

Rooms on the small side but fine, new gym is great, balconies for smokers in some rooms and house keeping good. Front desk service is inconsistent but mostly good.

I stay there often.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ladyfitch
Dear ladyfitch

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton.

We’re naturally delighted you enjoyed your visit and we really appreciate your continued loyalty!

Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton again soon.

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Located on a side street close to the Convention Centre and the shopping districts. Own car parking [A$45 per day] ssuitable for most vehicles [height restriction of about 2 m]. Rooms vary form standard to suites - better rooms on higher floors and some suffer from intermittent and/or early morning noise disturbance from bin emptying or nightclubs/outside eateries. Staff in restaurant pretty good. If you don't like a lot of salt then tell staff in advance - most meals seem smothered in it - on two occassions chips/fries were inedible.

1 Thank JMarpleInc
Dear JMarpleInc

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton on TripAdvisor.

We very much appreciate your feedback which has been shared with the teams concerned – please accept my sincere apologies for the noise disturbance from outside.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed for 6 nights attending the conference. Rooms are a bit dated but had all the necessary items. Bed comfortable. Each morning at 6 am a drill would sound for about an hour from the nearby garage but I guess that is beyond the control of the hotel.
The inconsistencies were very frustrating – despite my desire to reuse the towels, sometimes I would get fresh towels altogether, sometimes not, sometimes the bath matt would be missing. The turndown service would sometimes happen, sometimes not, and when it happened I could or could not get the chocolates. Constant surprise.
One day I wanted to rest and inadvertently hanged a card on my door the wrong way indicating please make up my room. The cleaner knocked on the door and tried to get in, but when she could not as I had a chain on, she kept knocking until I got up, opened the door and then she told me that I had the card on the wrong way and she had already cleaned my room!
The check out was the most frustrating – I came to the desk with the express envelope but there was no one on the desk so waited for the invoice. The lady at the desk kept saying “I could use this one, or that one… “ and I really did not know what she meant . When I questioned it, she had stated, didn’t you give us 2 credit card invoices? I asked were they different numbers? Or no, she said. I then, requested for the bill to go to that very credit card. I was asked to produce the card, and then asked if I wanted and envelope etc. The whole process took 10 minutes. No “thank you for your stay” was produced at the end. As I was leaving with 3 bags, she asked if I needed help, I nodded and she waved in the direction of the bell hop who walked right past me to attend to another task. I had to walk by myself all the way to the taxi stand in the street to get a taxi. Very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TieTraveller
“Inconsistent service and well below standard for Hilton” – 19 November 2011

Dear TieTraveller

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Parmelia Hilton Perth.

Naturally, I’m concerned there were aspects of your visit that were unacceptable and I’m very sorry you left with a poor impression.

The areas you have highlighted have been immediately reviewed with the teams concerned for corrective action - please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you very much for your time. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton so we can change your impression.