“Great Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Darwin, Australia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed in the Parmelia a few days before Christmas in 2011. I got a Wotif mystery deal for AU125. The room was sumptous, probably the nicest room I have stayed in, in Perth. Great bed, bathroom and amenities, staff friendly and not pretentious, and I would stay here again. Good location as it is at the 'top-end' of town, so close to all the better cafes/restaurants and shopping in Perth CBD. I have stayed in most hotels in Perth, and while it is one of the older establishments, it is still one of the best.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear paul W

Thank you so much for your great review on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Parmelia Hilton so much and in particular that you found our convenient location such a benefit and your guest room so great – thank you!

I have shared your comments with all our Team who I know are delighted to receive such lovely recognition of their friendly and efficient service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

David
David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed at Parmelia Hilton over the Easter weekend with my partner. The service there was really top-notch. We were treated with excellent service from the moment we stepped in all the way to when we checked-out. The receptionist who checked us in was really really good. I had her name written down somewhere to compliment her but unfortunately I misplaced the note. She took really good care of us and was extremely polite and courteous. When I had problems with my room cards the following day, she was more than happy to help. She also helped put our Corica strudels in the fridge for us as it couldn't fit into their bar fridge in the room. In the rooms, they even offered us different pillows according to how firm/soft we liked them.

The hotel is also very well located at the edge of main city centre so it was a little quieter (which is what we wanted) and just a very short distance away to Kings Park.

The rooms and furnishings however are a little dated and could benefit from some modernising. However, it wasn't extremely old or bad; just could be better. Parking for guests is a little problematic if you are not ready to pay $45 for valet parking. $45 parking for 24 hours is a little steep but it's the best option available. We used the valet parking on our 2nd night there and the valet told us that although it states that it's for 24 hours, we are more than welcomed to take the car out at anytime the following day (we started using the valet parking at 11am after we came back from breakfast). This was a pleasant surprised as then we weren't rushed to take out our car before 11am the next day. Again, another instance of the excellent service provided by the hotel.

Overall, I would definitely choose Parmelia Hilton again on our next visit to Perth if their prices remain competitive.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear kevinleng

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton recently and for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will let the team know that they contributed so much to your enjoyment – thank you!

I noted your comments about parking. We try and give the best value with our Valet service as generally the cost of parking in Perth in public car parks is very expensive.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed in the Parmelia Hilton for a few days to activate a permanent residence visa. I was very pleased with everything about the Hilton and would certainly look to stay there again (and recommend it to others).

It's small things - like how I emailed before asking for non-down pillows and duvets and for a room on the top floor. I arrived and when I was checked in I was informed that I was on the top floor, with a balcony with a view and that all the bedding was sorted for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top :)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear DJC1983

Thank you so much for your great review on Trip Advisor – it is very much appreciated!

I am delighted everything was organised as you had requested and that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton next time you’re in Perth and thank you very much for your recommendation!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We arrived here after midnight and the check in was quick and efficient. Our rooms weren't huge and a touch tired, but we had got a great deal on them so in terms of value for money they were very good.

They are currently doing some renovations and we were woken by drilling at 8am (we hadn't got to bed until after 2.30am) so weren't too thrilled by that. The reception staff couldn't locate the culprit but said there would/should be no noisy work until after 9am.

However, they dealt with it very well. When we raised it downstairs they asked what they could do and I just asked that they speak to the builders and ensure it doesn't happen again. However, they also gave us an upgraded room and a bottle of wine.

All staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Location is fab if you're sight seeing in Perth, and almost certainly for business visitors too. Breakfast was good and quite extensive so all in all, a good stay and somewhere I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear BritsinSing

We are really pleased you chose to stay with us recently at the Parmelia Hilton Perth – thanks very much for your Trip Advisor review.

Naturally, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and found our location and facilities to your satisfaction. I’m especially pleased the team made such a great impression with their friendly service and I have shared your comments with them all.

I’m very sorry you were disturbed by noise, however it is pleasing to learn this was resolved for you quickly.

We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit Perth. Thank you again for the great feedback.

Singapore
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We recently stayed at Parmelia Hilton for three consecutive nights followed by a gap (went to Pemberton) and then went back for one night. The two stays were very different although both were standard Queen rooms. The first time we were given a room at the fifth floor. The room was rather old, but the worst thing was the air conditioner which was VERY noisy. It really disrupted our sleep and also made it hard for our toddler to nap in the afternoon. The bed was also too soft. I think the mattress sloped towards the centre and i ended up with a stiff neck on the third night. The bathroom was also rather old in that the showers still had two separate taps with hot and cold water which was rather troublesome and no detachable shower which made it quite hard to bath my 17 month old girl. Thankfully the second visit when we went back for one night was very different. It was the same room number (number 2) but on the tenth floor. This appeared to be more recently renovated with a much nicer overall design. The aircon was fine, the bed was fine and the showers were new. Very happy with the difference. What a pity we didn't have that newer room for the first time too! Having said all that, the service standards of the staff at the reception and concierge were excellent and we have nothing to complain about that.

Room Tip: Request for the tenth floor and for a newer room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ashspark
Dear ashspark

We’re delighted you chose to stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton on two occasions recently and for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry the room you were allocated on your first stay did not meet your expectations and that the issue with the air conditioning was not corrected whilst you were with us – please accept my most sincere apologies; I can understand your frustration with the shower. We do have a range of room types available and it is very pleasing to hear the room allocated for your second visit was very much more to your liking and the facilities were more satisfactory. Please let us know your preferences next time you book to stay with us and we will do our utmost to meet your needs.

As you have mentioned, we have undertaken a number of improvements to the Hotel including installation of all new Hilton Serenity beds and recarpeting throughout. We have also upgraded the gym and pool, and work is ongoing.

Your comments regarding the excellent service offered by our Team Members is very much appreciated and I will be sure to let them know.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Istanbul
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed here as a solo business traveller. Great breakfast, very centrally located hotel. Room had press facility, always good to have. Standard Hilton quality...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear UmitK

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Parmelia Hilton on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you enjoyed your breakfast and found our central CBD location such a benefit – thank you!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton next time you’re in Perth.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at the hilton superior king room for a night. The room was huge with a living room, work desk, bathroom with tub and shower, big king size bedroom. What I love about the room was the cleanliness and space. And the bed was gigantic for us and sooo comfortable. And the carpet in the room was lovely to walk on.All the staff we met at the hotel were friendly as well. We asked for a late checkout and they were happy to let us checkout at 1 pm with no extra charge. Location wise , it is so very convenient to walk to the city centre. We had dinner at the Adelphi steak and Grill right at the hotel and food was reasonable and the seafood and steak were good with free salad buffet provided. I also visited the gym which was very well equipped. The only downside for me would be the size of the pool (which is small) and some of the bathroom areas in the room (such as the tub) look like it needed some work to refresh it..and the wooden tables had some water marks on them. Otherwise I was very happy to stay there. My suggestion to the hotel is to provide free wireless internet for the rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Anavoa

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I’m thrilled you found your Hilton Serenity bed the most comfortable bed in Perth – thank you! It is also wonderful you enjoyed all aspects of your room and enjoyed your meal in the Adelphi Steakhouse.

Your additional comments concerning the bathroom and furniture are noted and I sincerely apologise for the shortfall. As you have noticed with our new carpeting, we have undertaken a number of improvements to the Hotel over the past 12 months and work is ongoing. We will certainly be attending to those issues very soon.

Thank you again and we hope you’ll stay with us again at the Parmelia Hilton next time you’re in Perth. Safe travels.