“The bed and pillows were magic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parmelia Hilton Perth

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Busselton, Australia
“The bed and pillows were magic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Some friends and I had the pleasure of staying at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth last Friday night. Unfortunately, the stay was all too brief. I suffer from insomnia and dread having to sleep anywhere but in my bed - but that has now changed. I went out like a light and didn't wake until my alarm went off the next morning.

The bathroom was HUGE (a friend and I had a twin room) and the towels were large, clean and fluffy. It also had an assortment of toiletries that you would expect that even smelled nice (I've had some spooky scented stuff at other hotels :-/)

The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. Checking and checking out was fast and trouble free.

The only difficulty I encountered was figuring out the air conditioning. There was a sign below the thermostat that was rather misleading as it didn't seem to correspond with anything that I could find. I figured it out in the end and the room was eventually the perfect temperature.

It was good deal as we booked a "special" with wotif.com. Like another reviewer, I wouldn't like to pay the full price (but then who would?).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear JibsOz

Thanks very much for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor!

I am so pleased you found your bed so comfortable and that you enjoyed the bathroom and amenities – thank you!

Please accept my apologies for the initial misunderstanding with the operation of the air conditioning; we are reviewing the signage as a result of your experience.

I have shared your comments concerning service with the team and they are delighted to receive such glowing recognition.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at the Parmelia Hilton. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. There will be a warm welcome and a comfortable bed waiting!

David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I came here for business. First impression were great. They helped me take my luggage to my room, adjusted the temperature of the air conditioner etc. Room service Breakfast is normally not available before 6am (I think) but I was able to order it early.. Room service dinner was very prompt and delicious! The food in the restaurant was divine..and the service was impeccable. The gym is great -clean, new and the pool temperature in April was pleasant. The hotel is old looking but the service really was great. They helped me print out documents and scan them in the business centre - for no cost..the concierge service was helpful in organising taxi services etc. It is close to many attractions and the mall..probably a little out of the way if the weather was poor but in nice weather the walk was not too far.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear malandy

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Parmelia Hilton recently and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am naturally delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay so much and that our team looked after you so well. I’m especially pleased Concierge made a great first impression and that we were able to assist you in the Business Centre.

It’s great to learn you were able to enjoy our newly refurbished swimming pool and that the Room Service team accommodated your early breakfast request.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton again soon.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Overall this place was ok but compared to other hiltons in Australia it is due a refurbishment.

Position is ok. Downtown just off the main shopping area

Rooms are old fashioned but ok.

Air con was crap.

There were three faults I reported at the end of my stay. Something I've not done for a while.

I'd probably stay somewhere else next time even though I collect points.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear thefrequenttraveller

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience at the Parmelia Hilton.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and found our location such a great advantage; however I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your room’s decor. We have been making improvements to the Hotel over the past 12 months including installation of all new Hilton Serenity beds, recarpeting throughout, refurbishment of the fitness centre and swimming pool, and work is continuing. We are able to offer a number of different room styles so please let us know your preferences when you next make a booking.

Your comment concerning the air conditioning and faults you encountered is acknowledged and I’m very sorry for the shortfall and inconvenience caused.

Thank you again and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton again in the future.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

The staff were helpful and the rooms are adequate but very old and in desperate need of a makeover. I stayed in a slightly more expensive room but it was not really worth it... Seems to be a common problem with a number of Hiton's the world over.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DrBrevis
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear DrBrevis

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry you were disappointed with the condition of the Hotel although it is very pleasing to read the team made a great impression.

We are in the process of making improvements, having already recarpeted throughout and replaced all beds with Hilton Serenity beds, together with a refurbishment of the fitness centre and swimming pool and work is continuing.

We have a number of different room styles available so please let us know your preferences when you make your next reservation.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton next time you are in Perth.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

This place is ok. The room is pretty old and rundown. Buy the staff were helpful and the beds very comfortable. Good location. We were lucky that we got a fairly good deal on wotif. Would not like to be paying expensive rates for a delapidated room.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Canberran 1979

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Parmelia Hilton Perth on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased you found your Hilton Serenity beds to be so comfortable and that our location in the Perth CBD was of such a benefit to you.

We have undertaken many improvements to the Hotel over the past year including replacement of all beds with Hilton Serenity beds, recarpeting throughout, upgrade of the fitness centre and swimming pool, and work is continuing. I am very sorry you were disappointed with the décor of your room. Please let us know when you make your next booking so we can allocate a room that may better suit you; we have a range of styles available.

Thank you again and safe travels; we hope you will consider staying with us again next time you’re in Perth.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a few times and each time 1st class service..staff very professional..on one occasion staying here they upgraded our room free.. I love the decore and feel of this hotel, definately not sterile.. Definately will be back!

Stayed October 2011
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Shellau

We very much appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience at the Parmelia Hilton on Trip Advisor – thank you!

It is really great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our Team looked after you so well. I’ve shared your great feedback with all the Team as I know they appreciate the recognition too.

It’s great to hear you’ll be back to stay with us; there will be a warm welcome waiting!

Kaikoura, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We only stayed one night in the Parmelia Hilton, and checked in at midnight after a late flight. The staff were fantastic, quick and effecient and offered us an upgrade (I had applied for an E-Upgrade before we left home) So for the twin room price we got a King Suite, so WELL worth applying for these upgrades when you book!
The room itself was small and looked out onto the side of a high rise so the view was a bit of a let-down, but the bed made up for it!
My only complaint was the shower in the morning...it was impossible to get the right temperature...it went from scalding hot to freezing cold within seconds :( So be prepared!
Late check out is great, and the locality to the train station was fantastic.
Thanks Parmelia Hilton, you made our first night in Perth lovely :)

Room Tip: Apply for an E-Upgrade when you book online, and if you want a view, mention it when you book and I...