“world class service......”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had a holiday in our own city and checked into the Parmelia Hilton over the WA Day long weekend. When a nearby venue was hosting a function on the Sunday night, the noise penetrated our room to the extent we couldn't hear the TV and were concerned about not being able to sleep.
This is where the Parmelia Hilton staff were fantatsic.
Although there was little they could do to stop the noise, they took every action possible to ensure our comfort - the phoned the venue to find out the nature of the function and how long it would go on for, they relayed the information that it was a wedding and would go to midnight promptly back to us, the staff offered to shift us to another room and escorted us to view that room to see if we felt it was quieter. They offered to shift all out clothes and bags.
In the end, we decided the hassle of moving was greater than the noise and we stayed in the original room.
The staff phoned after about 30 mins to make sure we absolutely happy with our decision and restated their offer for shift us. After all this support, the hotel then slipped vouchers for breakfast under our door.
I couldn't imagine how the hotel could have handled this issue better....a big Thank You from us and congratulation to everyone on your standards of service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Col_101

Thank you very much for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated!

We are delighted you chose to celebrate WA Day at the Parmelia Hilton and that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I am very sorry you were disturbed by noise from a function at a nearby venue, however I am delighted our Team handled the issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton very soon.

David Constantine

Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed 31 May 2012

After a long flight from Europe we arrived at Perth airport at 1 a.m. together with two other (delayed) planes, something that Perth airport is not designed to handle. By the time we reached the hotel it was around 3 a.m. and the last thing you need is hassle with check-in.... and we didn't have to. Check-in was friendly, fast and efficient and soon we were asleep in one of the largest and most comfortable beds I've slept in. When we were awake again we saw how big and nice appointed both the bathroom and the room were. Thanks to a great deal I found on-line, it was affordable too, excellent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear CaribbeanIsland

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the Parmelia Hilton on Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated.

I am delighted you were so happy with your stay and in particular that you enjoyed the comfort of your Hilton Serenity bed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Centrally located, close to shops, busses, trains and business centre. Room was good but small. I was there on one of those few days when it rained. Concierge was prepared and handed me a brolly - nice touch. Service was generally good and breakfast was excellent albeit expensive (but, hey, that's the same just about everywhere in Perth these days). Starting to look a bit tired but, overall, the Parmelia is a pleasant, functional and well located place to stay. Good for a business stay, but perhaps less well suited to families.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomandben

Dear Tomandben

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton recently. We are delighted you have taken the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay; in particular that the Team looked after you so well and you enjoyed our convenient location.

I’m sorry the décor fell a little short of your expectations. We have been making improvements to the Hotel over the past year and have more changes planned. Please let us know your preferences when you next make a booking as we have a range of room styles available and will make every effort to meet your needs.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Recently spent one night at the Parmelia Hilton during a quick trip to Perth for business. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. I had a room on the second floor. Very well appointed, clean and warm. Good selection of toiletries. Hotel has a restaurant/bar downstairs and open from lunch through to late night drinks. The breakfast buffet whilst extensive was expensive but menu offers other options that did the trick. There is a taxi rank just out the front of the hotel. Only 1 minute on foot to convention centre and short distance to other sites. Perth has become horrendously expensive to stay with the mining boom and often difficult to get a room at short notice. Maybe it was my lucky day but very happy to have stayed at the Parmelia Hilton at a reasonable price for a central Perth hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear babyaisiebarb

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay at the Parmelia Hilton and that our friendly team made such a great impression.

It’s also great to hear that breakfast was such a hit!

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon. We hope the sun will be shining for you on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for our last night in Australia at the end of a 3 month trip. The reception and bell staff staff were lovely - very friendly and helpful and full of recommendations of things to do and see and places to eat. I thought the location was great - easy walking distance of most things and, key for me, a bus stop to get me up to the botanic gardens.

Our room was lovely - I'm guessing it must have been newly decorated. It certainly wasn't tired or worn as other people have commented about their rooms. The bed and bedding were so comfortable and the room had everything you could need, I was actually very impressed by it. We had a small balcony too, but it didn't have much of a view.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Perth.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Iberian_Lynx

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Parmelia Hilton recently and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am naturally delighted you enjoyed your visit and that you left the Hotel and Perth with such a great impression – we couldn’t ask for better.

It is especially pleasing to learn you were very satisfied with your room and that our Front Desk and Concierge teams were able to assist with recommendations on places to visit in Perth.

Safe travels and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the future. There will be a warm welcome waiting.

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

We arrived early (9am), due to an early flight, quite aware we would not be able to enter our room. But, on checking in, they handed us a key and allowed us to have our room, even 6 hours before we were expecting!
Room is small but as dated as the previous 4.5 star hotel we were in at another city. Some mould in shower which would be easy for them to clean.
Service throughout our stay was fantastic. Bed was so comfortable...I want to take it home!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ClaireyB83
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear ClaireyB83

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted we were able to accommodate your early check in and that you enjoyed your bed so much!

It is especially pleasing to learn the Team looked after you so well – thank you for making special mention.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the Housekeeping shortfall which I have reviewed for immediate attention.

We are delighted you chose to stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back again when you next visit Perth.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Some friends and I had the pleasure of staying at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth last Friday night. Unfortunately, the stay was all too brief. I suffer from insomnia and dread having to sleep anywhere but in my bed - but that has now changed. I went out like a light and didn't wake until my alarm went off the next morning.

The bathroom was HUGE (a friend and I had a twin room) and the towels were large, clean and fluffy. It also had an assortment of toiletries that you would expect that even smelled nice (I've had some spooky scented stuff at other hotels :-/)

The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. Checking and checking out was fast and trouble free.

The only difficulty I encountered was figuring out the air conditioning. There was a sign below the thermostat that was rather misleading as it didn't seem to correspond with anything that I could find. I figured it out in the end and the room was eventually the perfect temperature.

It was good deal as we booked a "special" with wotif.com. Like another reviewer, I wouldn't like to pay the full price (but then who would?).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear JibsOz

Thanks very much for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor!

I am so pleased you found your bed so comfortable and that you enjoyed the bathroom and amenities – thank you!

Please accept my apologies for the initial misunderstanding with the operation of the air conditioning; we are reviewing the signage as a result of your experience.

I have shared your comments concerning service with the team and they are delighted to receive such glowing recognition.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at the Parmelia Hilton. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. There will be a warm welcome and a comfortable bed waiting!