“Not up to normal Hilton standards”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Due to the convenience of its location, the Parmelia Hilton has been our choice on two of the last three visits to Perth. Having stayed in numerous Hiltons throughout the USA and several of their London properties, I have noted a significantly lower standard at this hotel in Perth. The rooms are quite small, and the bathrooms are a little dated. The breakfast buffet is perfectly fine and not atypical of the usual fare at large, city hotels. I had dinner at Adelphi twice, once on my own and once with several colleagues. The beer selection was good, and the service both nights was pleasant. The most unusual, and worst feature of the hotel, was the towels. The towels were some of the most worn, abrasive hotels I have ever experienced in over 25 years of travel. My theory is that when Hampton Inns in the USA have decided that towels are no longer good enough to put in the guest rooms, that the Parmelia Hilton scoops them up at a great discount and the towels get shipped to Perth. Seriously, I expect much more at $300 plus per night at a Hilton property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TJ H
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear TJH

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I’m very sorry you were disappointed with aspects of your visit and in particular the softness of the towels. As you have mentioned, it is not usual and I can assure you that brand new replacements are made on a very regular basis, as your comfort is paramount to us. I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we have not met your expectations and I have reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper for immediate corrective action.

It’s great to hear you appreciate our convenient location and that you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner experiences in The Adelphi.

We do hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed one night and I'm glad we didn't book 2. We both couldn't sleep because it felt like there was no air in the room: We couldn't open the window and the air con was really noisy. reception seemed to have a lot of people working there but they all seemed busy looking at computers. I would have eaten at the restaurant but I was not sure where it was.

Room Tip: no idea whether there are good rooms i just wouldn't stay there again
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Therese N
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Tcarty N

Thank you very much for your feedback and the opportunity to respond.

We take our guest comments very seriously and I am concerned to learn that your stay was not as it should have been. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your comfort is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and your review will assist in correcting these areas.

I do hope that the next time you are in Perth you will consider staying with us again. I would be pleased to discuss your concerns further if you would care to contact me direct at the Hotel on david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 09 9215 2000.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

First impressions are important. In my case, with regard to the Parmelia Hilton, they were not good and consequently I won't be staying there again. While the staff were friendly enough on check in, when I walked into my room I was met by a single bed. When you are paying $300+ a night I think you would reasonably expect at least a double bed. Mind you the room was so small, it probably wouldn't have fitted a double bed in it! The effect of the small room and the dark decor made the space feel quite claustrophobic and stuffy. The decor in the hotel generally was dark and dingy and while everything was clean, it really does need smartening up. Maybe I was a bit grumpy because of two not so good nights' sleep, but I put a lot of that down to the room. Had the price been a little more realistic, I would not have minded so much but this just a rip off as I see it.

Room Tip: Check the bed configuration before you book if you like a bit more space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank conatus

Dear conatus

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to hear you were happy with the level of service you received, however I’m naturally very sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your room and have left us with a poor impression.

The Hotel offers a range of room styles currently and I’m pleased to let you know we are embarking on a programme of improvements to guest rooms commencing in 2013, so I am sure we can offer something more to your preference if you will give us an opportunity.

I would certainly appreciate the chance to resolve your dissatisfaction and would be delighted to hear from you direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000 to discuss further.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Great resturant food, lots of choice, but dreadfully rooms, I hope that since I used to stay there a lot tat they have been updated, however close to town, but defiantly not worth the money, lucky my boss paid

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kirisydney
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear kirisydney

Thank you very much for your review.

It is great that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Adelphi.

We are in the process of finalising plans for guest room improvements to be undertaken in 2013. This is in addition to new carpeting throughout, all new Hilton Serenity beds and an upgrade of the fitness centre and swimming pool this year. The Hotel offers a range of room styles so please let us know your preferences when you book again.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We did a mystery hotel through Wotif.com and were very happily surprised.
The rooms are dated but very comfortable and clean, staff are very friendly and accomodating. Location is great, walking distance to everything. We truly enjoyed our 24 hrs of freedom from our 3 kids.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherrybom
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear Cherrybom

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

The Team and I are delighted you enjoyed your break and appreciated our great location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Booked a mystery hotel through a 3rd party website for a queen room, parking and breakfast for $199 and it was for the Hilton. On arrival we asked if we could upgrade...and for an extra $39 we stayed in a large suite, separate bedroom, bath, lounge and dinning table.
The staff are very helpful and even sent a bottle of complimentary wine as it was my wife birthday. The Globe restaurant/bar was closed for dinner so we headed to Adelphi's steakhouse...but unfortunitly it was fully booked. We ended up ordering room service...and it didn't disappoint. The Club sandwich was very nice..and was a good size meal for even me.
The bed was huge..and very comfy. Breakfast was in the Globe...and the selection was excellent.
We have stayed a couple of times here...and it never disappoints.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blackjacknz
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Blackjacknz

So delighted you chose to celebrate your wife’s birthday at the Parmelia Hilton and thank you for sharing your experience.

I’m really sorry we were unable to accommodate you for dinner in the Adelphi, however it’s great to hear your inroom dining was such a success!

We hope to welcome you back for your next special occasion. There will be a warm welcome waiting.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Conveniently and centrally located hotel with thoughtful and friendly staff. The rooms are a little dated, but they are clean and had everything I needed, with very comfortable bed and pillows. Perth is expensive during the week and this is no exception, but stay on for the weekend and enjoy Perth - weekend rates are normally much lower.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Tess K

Thank you very much for your review.

I have taken great delight in sharing your lovely comments with all the Team Members. They work hard to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and this is great validation of their efforts – thank you!

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Perth.