We stayed at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth for two nights. At Reception we were offered an upgrade to a larger room with a king bed for an extra $20 which we took, making our daily rate for a Monday and Tuesday night, around $390 for the room only.
Our bed was king but the room was 6.8 metres long and 3.8 wide, minus the 2.1 x 2.2 for the bathroom (actual size inside 1.6 x 2.2 metres). Not a large room at just on 25 square metres. By comparison a king bed room at the 5 Star Melbourne Westin is 38 square metres and costs an average $293 per night right in the centre of Melbourne.
The room had a desk and chair, two armchairs and a coffee table as well as a chest of drawers that doubled as a TV stand. Gowns and slippers were supplied but only one cake of soap for use at the basin and in the shower. The amenities packs included a shower cap but not a vanity pack and there was no spare roll of (single ply) toilet paper and no toilet brush (required for a 4 Star and above rated bathroom). The shower was over the bath with a shower curtain. Curiously, although the bathroom has a card exhorting guests to "think of the environment and be water conscious by re-using towels", the hotel hasn't bothered to be water-wise and install a dual flush on the toilet.
The bed was comfortable but the air conditioner was noisy and so we slept with it off on the second night.
The wi-fi was $0.55 per minute or $29 for 24 hours, or $145 for 7 days - a complete rip-off if you multiply those rates by the number of rooms in the hotel and subtract the actual cost of the internet to the hotel.
Valet parking at $45 per day seemed reasonable given the parking rates in the nearby carparks.
The only thing that this rather dated and over-expensive hotel really has going for it are a bunch of very nice, helpful and cheerful staff from reception through to the room maids.
Next time we're in Perth CBD we'll go elsewhere and see what we can get for $390 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parmelia Hilton Perth is the city's most centrally located luxury hotel, in the heart of the CBD, across the road from the Perth Convention Centre and close to excellent shopping, restaurants and bars. Just a short stroll to beautiful Kings Park and the stunning Swan River. From guest rooms to deluxe plus rooms and suites, all rooms at the Parmelia Hilton feature Hilton Serenity beds, high-speed internet (charges apply) and LCD TVs with complimentary cable and Foxtel channels. Relax by the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped 24 hour gym. For a sizzling steak or a boutique beer on tap, enjoy the Adelphi Grill & Bar. The hotel's meetings and events floor with state of the art audio visual and lighting technology offers a choice of ten venues for 5-500, a 24 hour business centre and wireless internet access. The hotel's $55 per 24 hour valet parking service offers secure, under cover parking with the convenience of having your car brought to the hotel driveway as often as required. Valet parking is limited and space may not always be available, maximum height of vehicles is 1.9 m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parmelia Hilton Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth
- Hilton International Perth
- Hilton Perth
- Perth Hilton