“Amazing City Hotel”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel was amazing. I got a great deal booking it and when I got there, they still upgraded me to a King room for free which was great. The gym was great for a hotel gym and the pool was even better, heated to 31 degrees which was great to swim in on a cold'ish day.
They have a nice bar downstairs which has a great selection of beers for a drink later on in the day.
The highlight was the bedding!! It has the best pillows I have ever slept on and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all around the world. What was even better was when I left, they asked me if I would like to buy 2 new pillows they had which i snapped up straight away!!
I work in the travel industry and I will be recommending this hotel to anyone I talk to who is going to Perth from now on. Amazing!!

Room Tip: Go for the King room for sure!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear keiran m

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and in particular that you had a very comfortable sleep. Good to hear you will be enjoying the same super comfortable pillows back home.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy our brand new bar/restaurant, the Adelphi Grill opening 7 May. The same great selection of beers will be available to complement the popular Adelphi menu with a few twists.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Located centrally near shopping strip. The hotel is well maintained except we experienced some humming noise when we turned on the heater. Other than this, room is clean, smells fresh. The staff is quick and responsive, and helpful. Checking out was easy too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear PapaRichWee

Thank you very much for your review.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit, though I’m very sorry you were disturbed by noise from the air conditioning. I have made our engineers aware of your comment.

I’m especially pleased to hear the Team made such a great impression – thank you.

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have now been to this hotel three times on business, and I will only return because my boss makes us use this hotel. I dred going back.

I will start with the positives, because there are indeed a few glimmering high points. The bed is super comfortable, if you enjoy fluffy soft mattresses. Also, the hotel location is unbeatable within the CBD when trying to access the riverfront and parks as well as businesses and the north bridge area. Additionally, the hotel management worked with my company to cancel my reservation when I could not make a trip. They were very professional and quick to respond. The front desk and lobby staff are also very nice and professional.

The negatives now.
1. Showering is an awful experience: the water is constantly changing temperature from scalding hot to shivering cold, the faucet was loose in one room, and the shower curtain keeps billowing into the shower no matter if I have the bathroom door closed or open.
2. The in-room internet is terribly pricey, and terribly slow. At first I thought it was my iPad, but my laptop also couldn't download content-heavy web pages or attachments in emails.
3. I always end up with a room on the back side of the hotel, and around 10 pm every night, it sounds like a trash pick-up is happening. It is loud and it shakes the room.
4. The elevators have also been in a constant state of repair for the past few months. The last time I was there, they were down to one elevator. It would stop on every floor, and was usually full after a floor or two. Wait times for an elevator ranged from a few minutes to double digit minutes, and many times, we just couldn't fit into the cab. I would give up and take the stairs, which are poorly marked, but there are some people who physically do not have this option.
5. The restaurant on site is not very good, although not horrible. For a Hilton, though, I would expect more.
6. The second time I stayed at this hotel, I got a balcony which overlooked the pool. It was the dirtiest balcony I've ever seen, and there was some trash in a corner when I first checked into my room.

I could go on, but this is all the time I'm willing to donate to expressing my displeasure. Kudos to the friendly staff and comfy beds, but those cannot make up for all the short-comings sadly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jessica P
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Jessica P

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your super comfortable Hilton Serenity bed and the Hotel’s convenient location in the CBD. I am also very pleased the Team looked after you so well and provided flexible solutions to the change in your travel plans.

Of course I am extremely sorry for the issues you experienced with showering and with the internet connection. I have referred your comments to the relevant areas for their immediate attention and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

With regard to the elevators; we have almost completed a refurbishment of our all guest lifts and, whilst there is never a good time to undertake this work, it will provide a marked improvement in the speed and efficiency.

I am very sorry you were disturbed by noise from the adjacent laneway. Please let us know when you next make a booking so we can ensure a location that may suit you better.

After a major renovation, our restaurant will be moving to its new location on the other side of the lobby, opening on Tuesday 7 May. The Adelphi Grill will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and we are confident you will love the fresh, contemporary décor, combined with excellent service and the popular Adelphi menu with some new twists.

We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If I can assist personally with any special requirements, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The cleanness of bath room is terriable. The furniture in the room are quite old and damaged even. The interenet access is expensive and also very poor, not able to sent attachment via email, and connection is unstayable, I have to restart my laptop many times.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Ann B

Thank you very much for your review.

I am really sorry to hear of the housekeeping shortfall which has been referred to senior management for corrective action. Please accept my sincere apologies.

The Hotel is undergoing a refurbishment of guest rooms during 2013 and we will addressing the areas you have highlighted. I am very sorry for any disappointment and hope you will be returning to enjoy the changes.

Please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered with your internet connection. Our Information Systems Manager has been made aware and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused. As we know how important this is to guests, internet charges are closely monitored to ensure they are in line with competition. As an alternative, complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the Lobby, Restaurant and Business Centre and may be of interest next time you visit.

Thanks again for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed on the 5 th floor never again the freezer was so badly frozen plus very noisey the bed was not comfortable carpet was dirty and dust everywhere and the room smells musty not impressesd very noisy doors banging never again bathroom not cleaned the furniture was old not impressed .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Dianne b

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to receive your feedback though I am extremely concerned to learn of the issues you encountered during your visit. I would very much appreciate an opportunity to address your concerns personally. If you can spare the time, could you kindly contact me at david.constantine@hilton.com.

In the meantime, I will be addressing your comments with senior management. It is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave us with and we hope to have an opportunity to change your impression next time you visit Perth.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

No Internet in the rooms unless you pay a premium. But thats what you expect in a 2nd rate htel. Slow Internet the public area, so slow I had to stand around the reception desk for a full 20 min to download my paper, and they blamed my new iPad. Dated rooms. And don't they realize that all east coast guests - that is, the bulk of their guests- are on a 2 hour delay so a late breakfast is difficult for someone who's been awake since 4? So what do you do? Watch limited tv but not the Movies which were all asinine and $15.95 each.
Hilton - it's time to match the competition.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for better value.
Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne C
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Tooban

Thank you so much for your review.

Very sorry to hear you were disappointed with aspects of your stay.

In particular, please accept my sincere apologies for any issue connecting to the complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby. I can understand your frustration and have asked my Information Systems Manager to look into your experience.

I am also very sorry you were unhappy with the inhouse movie and television channel selection. We endeavour to provide a wide range of choices to suit most tastes, including 11 complimentary Foxtel Channels. Inhouse movie charges monitored regularly to ensure they are in line with the Perth CBD and competition; I do apologise for any disappointment.

The Team and I would appreciate a chance to change your impression next time you visit Perth. If I can be of any personal assistance, please let me know via david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I received a free nights stay voucher for planning a function at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth. It certainly came in handy after recently being made redundant and stress was at an all time high. The comfortable and welcoming atmosphere made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Daniele M

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay.

The Team and I are so thrilled you had such a relaxing visit and we hope to welcome you back soon.