“Wrote previously a review and now got a voucher to go back”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Wrote previously a review and now got a voucher to go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Hi

Got a voucher from the manager to go back due to my previous review.
This time we stayed at King deluxe
Room was very spacious, bed very good, furniture on little lounge a bit strange match with sofa and outdoor chairs (?)- bizarre.

New restaurant apparently opening soon so breakfast will no longer be at the steak house.
We used the in room movie paye I think around $32 to watch as many films you want in 24 hours.

Had late check in at 2pm.

Lifts are still slow and have signs saying they're refurbishing too.

Check in reception felt the staff was desperate trying to upgrade us to get extra money from us.
Check out was quick

Parking car in hotel cost $50 per day, so not cheap.

Overall I would give 3/4 out of 5.

I hope after these improvements they get to standards of Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Evelyn M

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted you have been back to stay at the Hotel and that you enjoyed your visit. It’s particularly pleasing to hear you were satisfied with most aspects of your stay.

I’m very excited to let you know our new Adelphi Grill opened on Tuesday 7 May and we are serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day in this contemporary relaxed space. I do hope you will be back soon to dine with us.

Your comment concerning furniture in the guest room is acknowledged. The Hotel’s refurbishment programme will be continuing in guest rooms this year and we are sure you will appreciate the fresh new changes. We have now completed upgrading 2 of our 3 guest elevators as part of the programme and are confident you will notice a marked improvement.

I’m sorry for any negative impression created by our upgrade offer at check in. The intention is to provide guests with an opportunity to experience a higher room type for a nominal fee; I have reviewed your experience with senior management for retraining. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope you will be returning soon.

David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cooroy, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

2 nights down and very little sleep due to the very hard bed and noise. I complained this morning and they say they will fix for us with a new room tonight. I hope the bed it better tonight.
Working long hours and coming back to this is no fun.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew F
Dear Andrew F

Thank you very much for your review.

I am extremely sorry you were disappointed with the comfort of your bed and for any noise disturbance. I understand our Team addressed these issues once we were made aware of your dissatisfaction. Our Director of Operations, Gearoid Lyons, has tried to contact you on a number of occasions, without success, to ensure you are completely happy. Please let us know if we can assist any further.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the room move and we hope you are now enjoying every aspect of your visit.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel was amazing. I got a great deal booking it and when I got there, they still upgraded me to a King room for free which was great. The gym was great for a hotel gym and the pool was even better, heated to 31 degrees which was great to swim in on a cold'ish day.
They have a nice bar downstairs which has a great selection of beers for a drink later on in the day.
The highlight was the bedding!! It has the best pillows I have ever slept on and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all around the world. What was even better was when I left, they asked me if I would like to buy 2 new pillows they had which i snapped up straight away!!
I work in the travel industry and I will be recommending this hotel to anyone I talk to who is going to Perth from now on. Amazing!!

Room Tip: Go for the King room for sure!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear keiran m

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and in particular that you had a very comfortable sleep. Good to hear you will be enjoying the same super comfortable pillows back home.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy our brand new bar/restaurant, the Adelphi Grill opening 7 May. The same great selection of beers will be available to complement the popular Adelphi menu with a few twists.

Safe travels.

Singapore City, null, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Located centrally near shopping strip. The hotel is well maintained except we experienced some humming noise when we turned on the heater. Other than this, room is clean, smells fresh. The staff is quick and responsive, and helpful. Checking out was easy too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear PapaRichWee

Thank you very much for your review.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit, though I’m very sorry you were disturbed by noise from the air conditioning. I have made our engineers aware of your comment.

I’m especially pleased to hear the Team made such a great impression – thank you.

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth.

Safe travels!

Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have now been to this hotel three times on business, and I will only return because my boss makes us use this hotel. I dred going back.

I will start with the positives, because there are indeed a few glimmering high points. The bed is super comfortable, if you enjoy fluffy soft mattresses. Also, the hotel location is unbeatable within the CBD when trying to access the riverfront and parks as well as businesses and the north bridge area. Additionally, the hotel management worked with my company to cancel my reservation when I could not make a trip. They were very professional and quick to respond. The front desk and lobby staff are also very nice and professional.

The negatives now.
1. Showering is an awful experience: the water is constantly changing temperature from scalding hot to shivering cold, the faucet was loose in one room, and the shower curtain keeps billowing into the shower no matter if I have the bathroom door closed or open.
2. The in-room internet is terribly pricey, and terribly slow. At first I thought it was my iPad, but my laptop also couldn't download content-heavy web pages or attachments in emails.
3. I always end up with a room on the back side of the hotel, and around 10 pm every night, it sounds like a trash pick-up is happening. It is loud and it shakes the room.
4. The elevators have also been in a constant state of repair for the past few months. The last time I was there, they were down to one elevator. It would stop on every floor, and was usually full after a floor or two. Wait times for an elevator ranged from a few minutes to double digit minutes, and many times, we just couldn't fit into the cab. I would give up and take the stairs, which are poorly marked, but there are some people who physically do not have this option.
5. The restaurant on site is not very good, although not horrible. For a Hilton, though, I would expect more.
6. The second time I stayed at this hotel, I got a balcony which overlooked the pool. It was the dirtiest balcony I've ever seen, and there was some trash in a corner when I first checked into my room.

I could go on, but this is all the time I'm willing to donate to expressing my displeasure. Kudos to the friendly staff and comfy beds, but those cannot make up for all the short-comings sadly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica P
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Jessica P

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your super comfortable Hilton Serenity bed and the Hotel’s convenient location in the CBD. I am also very pleased the Team looked after you so well and provided flexible solutions to the change in your travel plans.

Of course I am extremely sorry for the issues you experienced with showering and with the internet connection. I have referred your comments to the relevant areas for their immediate attention and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

With regard to the elevators; we have almost completed a refurbishment of our all guest lifts and, whilst there is never a good time to undertake this work, it will provide a marked improvement in the speed and efficiency.

I am very sorry you were disturbed by noise from the adjacent laneway. Please let us know when you next make a booking so we can ensure a location that may suit you better.

After a major renovation, our restaurant will be moving to its new location on the other side of the lobby, opening on Tuesday 7 May. The Adelphi Grill will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and we are confident you will love the fresh, contemporary décor, combined with excellent service and the popular Adelphi menu with some new twists.

We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If I can assist personally with any special requirements, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

The cleanness of bath room is terriable. The furniture in the room are quite old and damaged even. The interenet access is expensive and also very poor, not able to sent attachment via email, and connection is unstayable, I have to restart my laptop many times.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Ann B

Thank you very much for your review.

I am really sorry to hear of the housekeeping shortfall which has been referred to senior management for corrective action. Please accept my sincere apologies.

The Hotel is undergoing a refurbishment of guest rooms during 2013 and we will addressing the areas you have highlighted. I am very sorry for any disappointment and hope you will be returning to enjoy the changes.

Please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered with your internet connection. Our Information Systems Manager has been made aware and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused. As we know how important this is to guests, internet charges are closely monitored to ensure they are in line with competition. As an alternative, complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the Lobby, Restaurant and Business Centre and may be of interest next time you visit.

Thanks again for your feedback. Hope to welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed on the 5 th floor never again the freezer was so badly frozen plus very noisey the bed was not comfortable carpet was dirty and dust everywhere and the room smells musty not impressesd very noisy doors banging never again bathroom not cleaned the furniture was old not impressed .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Dianne b

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to receive your feedback though I am extremely concerned to learn of the issues you encountered during your visit. I would very much appreciate an opportunity to address your concerns personally. If you can spare the time, could you kindly contact me at david.constantine@hilton.com.

In the meantime, I will be addressing your comments with senior management. It is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave us with and we hope to have an opportunity to change your impression next time you visit Perth.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.