“Week End Get awy”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Bunbury, Australia
“Week End Get awy”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Hotel is very close to the city centre. Room was very clean and furnished for all our needs. The bed was huge and comfortable. The restaurant meals are very tasty and well presented although the restaurant is close to the bar and a little noisy. Over all a great hotel and a brilliant weekend stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Trudy T

Thank you for your review.

Delighted you had a brilliant weekend stay and every aspect was highly satisfactory!

Your comment concerning bar noise is noted and I’m very sorry for any disturbance. So glad you enjoyed dining in the Adelphi Grill. Reactions to our exciting new restaurant have been extremely positive and it’s good to hear we are getting it right!.

We hope you will visit us again next time you’re in Perth.

David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Barely average in all respects bar the excellent location. The restaurant is seriously overpriced for a hotel of this standard and therefore I never ate there during my two week stay. The main problem here is that US visitors come with certain expectations about what a "Hilton" hotel should be and this Hilton simply doesn't match up. I heard reports that other Hiltons in Australia are similar but cannot speak from experience. I hate losing the points but after the Perth experience, still ended up changing hotels to avoid the Sydney Hilton, largely due to the insanely high price and poor service when trying to adjust a booking. I can't help thinking that harm is being done here to the Hilton global brand image.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear M12321

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Whilst I note you appreciated our excellent location in the CBD, I am of course concerned you were disappointed with aspects of your visit.

In particular, I acknowledge your comment concerning restaurant pricing and I’m very sorry this did not meet your expectations. Pricing is monitored very closely to ensure we are in line with our Perth CBD competitors, and as we know our guests rely on good value for money when making their choices. Since your visit, you will be pleased to know our restaurant has moved to its newly renovated home on the other side of the lobby and has received great feedback on the contemporary, relaxed ambience and delicious menu. We hope that you may consider dining in our new Adelphi Grill, on your next visit to Perth.

The transformation of our restaurant is part of an extensive refurbishment programme that will also see improvements to guest rooms over 2013 and we are sure you will appreciate the changes.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of any personal assistance with your future arrangements for the Parmelia Hilton, please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com.

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend getaway to Perth. After some issues with my flight, the fantastic service provided by the staff promptly overcame my frustration. As a Hhonors Gold, upon arrival I was upgraded to the top-floor and the room was standard Hilton style. The complimentary breakfast was amazing as it offered options from both Western and Asian cultures. The location is super-b and all the main attractions are within a short walk. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Should I return to Perth, I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank vitorborg
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear vitorborg

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

So delighted you found every aspect of your visit to your satisfaction and of course it’s especially pleasing to learn the Team took excellent care of you after your flight.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your full buffet breakfast in our newly opened Adelphi Grill offering a wide array of delights from around the world.

We really appreciate your recommendation and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton Perth very soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Good location and well priced business hotel (for Perth), generally clean and bed comfortable. No frills; e.g. restaurant is new but unremarkable.Staff very helpful.
Desperately in need of an overhaul. The furniture is heavy and dark and the doors need to be adjusted so they dont spring shut with a deafening bang

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Dougwrx

Thank you very much for your review.

It is pleasing to learn you had a comfortable stay and appreciated our convenient location in the Perth CBD.

Your comment concerning décor is noted and I’m very sorry for any disappointment. We are in the process of a refurbishment programme to include guest rooms and we hope you will be returning to enjoy these fresh changes. Meantime, the Hotel does offer a number of different room styles including some already updated guest rooms, so please let us know your preference when you make your next booking.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

As we got an excellent deal, we stayed here for 3 nights to catch up with some friends.

As the hotel is in the middle of the city, it was ideally placed for dining, transport to the suburbs etc. The accommodation was comfortable & clean though the rooms could do with a little TLC. The staff was helpful.

We hope to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear Sayuri d

So great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

The “little TLC” you mention is being administered through a programme of improvements underway in the Hotel this year. Guest rooms will be given a fresh new look and we hope you will be returning to enjoy the changes. We have also just opened our new Adelphi Grill after a major renovation and are serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in this contemporary but relaxed restaurant.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Hi

Got a voucher from the manager to go back due to my previous review.
This time we stayed at King deluxe
Room was very spacious, bed very good, furniture on little lounge a bit strange match with sofa and outdoor chairs (?)- bizarre.

New restaurant apparently opening soon so breakfast will no longer be at the steak house.
We used the in room movie paye I think around $32 to watch as many films you want in 24 hours.

Had late check in at 2pm.

Lifts are still slow and have signs saying they're refurbishing too.

Check in reception felt the staff was desperate trying to upgrade us to get extra money from us.
Check out was quick

Parking car in hotel cost $50 per day, so not cheap.

Overall I would give 3/4 out of 5.

I hope after these improvements they get to standards of Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Evelyn M

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted you have been back to stay at the Hotel and that you enjoyed your visit. It’s particularly pleasing to hear you were satisfied with most aspects of your stay.

I’m very excited to let you know our new Adelphi Grill opened on Tuesday 7 May and we are serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day in this contemporary relaxed space. I do hope you will be back soon to dine with us.

Your comment concerning furniture in the guest room is acknowledged. The Hotel’s refurbishment programme will be continuing in guest rooms this year and we are sure you will appreciate the fresh new changes. We have now completed upgrading 2 of our 3 guest elevators as part of the programme and are confident you will notice a marked improvement.

I’m sorry for any negative impression created by our upgrade offer at check in. The intention is to provide guests with an opportunity to experience a higher room type for a nominal fee; I have reviewed your experience with senior management for retraining. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope you will be returning soon.

Cooroy, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

2 nights down and very little sleep due to the very hard bed and noise. I complained this morning and they say they will fix for us with a new room tonight. I hope the bed it better tonight.
Working long hours and coming back to this is no fun.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew F
Dear Andrew F

Thank you very much for your review.

I am extremely sorry you were disappointed with the comfort of your bed and for any noise disturbance. I understand our Team addressed these issues once we were made aware of your dissatisfaction. Our Director of Operations, Gearoid Lyons, has tried to contact you on a number of occasions, without success, to ensure you are completely happy. Please let us know if we can assist any further.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the room move and we hope you are now enjoying every aspect of your visit.