“A business hotel with no complimentary wi-fi in rooms - really?”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Canberra, Australia
“A business hotel with no complimentary wi-fi in rooms - really?”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in April. For mine, a good business hotel should offer complimentary wi-fi in room so I can keep working in the morning and evening. Parmelia Hilton doesn't and so that marks it down in my book. The hotel seemed a little uncared for. The first thing I noticed coming out of the lift onto my floor was curtains hanging off their hooks. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom reasonable. The gym equipment was caught in a contradiction - nice individual monitors, but an obviously broken seat on the cycle trainer. Breakfast had a great range of items - but was overpriced and there were better options in local cafés. I'd choose somewhere else for my next visit to Perth.

• Stayed April 2014
gmperthhilton, Operations Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear TimfromCanberra

Thank you very much for your review.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your bed, the breakfast choices in Adelphi Grill and were happy with the cleanliness and overall service; however I am very sorry for any disappointment concerning the charge for inroom Wi-Fi. Many of our corporate rates and special packages now include complimentary inroom Wi-Fi. As an alternative, complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the Adelphi Grill, lobby and the 24 hour Business Centre which has recently been extended and also offers a private meeting room.

Thank you very much for letting us know about the issue with the exercise cycle seat in the fitness centre. This has been immediately tightened underneath. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfall with the curtain which has been immediately addressed.

Whilst I note your reluctance to return, we would very much appreciate an opportunity to change your impression next time you visit Perth. If I can assist with your requirements, please contact me direct at Volkan.tekkol@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

Volkan Tekkol
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We only stayed here for one night and chose the hotel for it's close proximity to Kings Park. The fact that they also offered complimentary breakfast and valet parking was a bonus and made it good value for money. Our check in was reasonably quick and the staff were very friendly in all parts of the Hotel.

The room was absolutely fine - the only 2 things I can pick on is that the bathroom is really small and the noise from the buses stopped at the traffic lights below made a bit of noise periodically (although we weren't in the room long enough for this to be a bother).

We dined in the Adelphi restaurant twice. The first was for dinner - of which we had a prawn and a salmon entree as a main and both dishes were tasty and enjoyed. The second time was for breakfast. All the usual suspects were on offer from cereals, toast, fruit, bacon, eggs, hash etc - not a huge selection but plentiful enough with choices for everyone. A shame a big night prior prevented me from enjoying more of a selection!

We called concierge just before leaving our room to request the car and didn't have long to wait for it to be bought around. Check out was at 11am, which we also great.

So all in all no complaints here. I would stay here again if choosing this part of town and especially so if they offered valet parking and complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freya691
Dear freya691

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

Delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including your dining experiences in Adelphi Grill.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Volkan Tekkol
Operations Manager
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently spent an evening at the Parmelia Hilton Perth hotel, which is a decent hilton property. The lobby is a bit on the small size but both the front desk and bell staffs are very friendly. I arrived a bit early and my room was not ready. The front desk staff immediately gave me a coupon for a beverage in the hotel bar, as there is no Executive lounge in this Hilton property, which is disappointing, as this is not a cheap Hilton property. My room was finally ready at 2pm, and a staff approached me with the key card. The upgraded room was spacious and clean. However the decor is definitely on the outdated side, and it is time for a major refreshing, especially given the price that they are charging. The hotel breakfast was also very nice in the restaurant, and I am surprised at a small but decent selection of Asian food available for breakfast. In terms of transportation, I took a taxi from the domestic terminal to the hotel, and the price is about $32-36 depends on traffic. In conclusion, I will return to this property in the future, and hope that they can finally get an executive lounge set up and update the hotel room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Adrian L

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

Whilst we can’t promise the addition of an Executive Lounge in the near future, we are in the process of refreshing guest rooms with all new furnishings to provide a more contemporary feel. We have completed four levels to date with the remainder due by September this year. We are sure you will like the changes.

In lieu of an Executive Lounge, and in addition to a complimentary daily beverage in Adelphi Grill, we do offer our guests full use of our recently extended Business Centre and meeting room.

So glad to note you enjoyed the international choices in the Adelphi Grill for breakfast.

It’s great to hear you will be returning to stay with us in the future. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bromley
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed for a week at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth, in January 2014. A female, travelling on my own, I found the hotel staff exceptionally helpful and friendly, and eating in the hotel restaurant was a pleasure. This is not always the case for a lone diner. I was treated very well. Overall, the hotel was comfortable and the facilities were very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Telangatuk

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

It’s great to hear that, as a single traveller, you felt very comfortable and enjoyed your experience staying in the Hotel and dining in Adelphi Grill.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Perth.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

On arrival at the Hilton the manager (mattias) required a payment of 500 dollars in case we damaged anything! Firstly I find it offensive that a high end hotel doesn't trust customers to treat the hotel with respect. Secondly when my credit card needed to be signed for instead of chip and pin the Hilton did not have this facility so the manager basically made us feel like second rate citizens and refused to let us into our room which we had already paid for in full. Absolutely disgusting and ruined the end of our dream holiday. After staying in several hotels around Australia and New Zealand we have never encountered anything like it. Be wary if staying here for the rude and unhelpful staff. Will never stay in a Hilton again as it's not worth the hassle

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Tuckeruk
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Tuckeruk

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

Naturally, I am very sorry to hear there were aspects of your stay that were clearly unacceptable. So I can learn more about your unsatisfactory experience at check-in and most effectively investigate the matter, I would be very grateful if you could contact me at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000. I would also appreciate an opportunity to personally make amends for your poor experience.

In the meantime, to clarify, the pre-authorisation of $100 per night is taken to cover incidentals charged to your room during your stay, with the balance released to your credit card upon check out.

Please accept my most sincere apologies and be assured we will be addressing this situation immediately. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sri Kembangan, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for a night with my hubby and little boy. Given the name Hilton, i would expect more in terms of the fittings and cleanliness. Found strains of hair in the bath tub and on the portable cot that kinda put me off. Next will be the special sound effect from the ac, way too noisy.

However, customer service is great with exceptional good quality service from the concierge, Check in and check out process is done in a speedy manner. The feather filled pillows are something that i will miss. Good location.

Overall an average stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Yee080808
Dear Yee080808

Thank you very much for your review.

So great to hear you were very happy with the level of service from our Team; however I am terribly sorry for the housekeeping shortfall and disturbance from the air conditioner which has been immediately addressed. Please accept my sincere apologies.

We hope you will be returning to visit us again soon. Please let us know when you make your next booking and we will ensure your feather pillows are ready and waiting!

Busselton, W.A., Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our experience was wonderful from the time we arrived at the entrance to the hotel to the time we left. They made feel like we were celebrities or someone who was extremely important, of course we are all of the above. My husband and myself would recommend this hotel highly for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Helen G

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and recommendation.

We have certainly done our job if you felt very special during your stay and we hope to be able to pamper you again very soon.