Parmelia Hilton Perth
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Travelodge Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
  • Room Service
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$114
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$109
Duxton Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$182
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Mantra on Murray(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
Hotel Northbridge(Perth)
US$152
US$86
  • Restaurant
Miss Maud Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$64
US$52
Priceline
2,444 results
All reviewsadelphi grillqueen suitevalet parkingpillow menuroom servicean upgradeconvention centerelizabeth quaybit datedkings parkthe air conditioningper daycentral locationbuffet breakfastswan riverconciergepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Often stay at this hotel because it very convenient for shopping and business and always very good service, great for weekends for couples as good rates, businessmen keep rates up during week.
Good breakfast but lots of cafe's and restaurants in area and some of the best just a short walk away like Trustee and Heritage.

Room Tip: They offer upgrades often Friday to Sunday so ask as good value
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear amaroocars

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m delighted to hear you often stay at the Hotel and enjoy the excellent service from our Team.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

took long before i could check in so i decided to go around and discover the city. Lobby was very small like the room which was very basic. it must have seen better days and will look better with some renovations. staff were polite and helpful, breakfast reasonable yet not as good as you get in other Hiltons. this hotel is all about location if you need to be in CBD
Pros: nice staff, clean, location
Cons: shrunk dimensions, basic in all aspects
I rate it as a very good 3 star hotel

Room Tip: take your ear plugs since the noise of the vent really hurts
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear shahrokhg

It’s great to hear you were happy overall with your stay, however I’m sorry for any disappointment with your room’s décor. As part of a program of improvements, we are in the process of replacing all furniture in each guest room and have completed more than half our rooms with the remainder due by September this year. The result is a fresh contemporary presentation we are sure you will appreciate.

I’m really pleased you were impressed by the service from the Team and the cleanliness of your room.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Whilst the Hilton in Perth looks somewhat tired from the outside, inside is modern. Rooms are functional but a tad small, but they do have the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Room service menu is good but can be let down by delivery time. Reception staff are excellent, no issues.

If staying for longer than a few days, take your laundry out to laundromat as the cost for this is outrageous.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Greg W

So glad to hear you enjoyed your recent short stay.

The Hotel offers a range of different room sizes and configurations so please let us know next time you book and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences. Great to learn you had such a comfortable sleep!

I’m very sorry for any delay in delivering your inroom dining order and have shared your comments with the Team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My original booking was for one night in a Queen room, but I needed to stay an extra night, so took the King bed package with parking and breakfast for the second night.

In both cases the bed, bed linens, pillows were comfy, and the room temperature was good (I didn't have to adjust the air conditioning in either room, and it as quiet too). The showers were hot, though in the King room you could scald yourself easily as you have to get right into the tub to turn on the taps individually and the hot water comes out piping hot immediately -- this shower configuration desperately needs a mixer tap AND it needs to be placed higher up the wall so that you don't get sprayed with scalding hot water (or icy cold water) on your back while turning on the taps [Room 715, if management is reading...].

The tiles at the end of the shower in the Queen room (Rm 307) were a bit grungy with mould (?) in the grout -- I reported this to the front desk, so hopefully it will be fixed ASAP. I graded 'cleanliness' as a '3' because of this grout issue.

One problem with many Australian hotels -- and the Parmelia is no exception -- is that electrical outlets for charging your devices next to the bed are at floor level and behind/under furniture. This meant a hands and knees expedition to find the outlet and plug in and then the same to remove the plug at the end of your stay. With the number of small devices like tablets, ebook readers, phones etc that people use now instead of books, magazines, having outlets at a sensible height near the bed would help. Some US hotels incorporate outlets into the base of the bedside lamp, which is an excellent trend. That said, the outlets at the desk are at a good height and easily accessible from the desktop -- it's only next the bed that they are a problem.

In-room facilities were all as expected for this class of hotel, though the TVs could do with some tuning as in both rooms the edges of the screen were cut off and thus any words on the right or left edges couldn't be read. Some HDMI cables my help with picture quality too -- it was OK, but probably could be much better with HDMI cables. Range of channels was pretty much limited to free-to-air with a few Foxtel sports and a couple of other channels thrown in. Not a big range of these, so don't be mislead by advertising that makes you think that you get the full Foxtel range -- you don't.

Service from all staff was excellent, from valet parking, to reception, to the Adelphi Grill where I had dinner for two nights (see separate review for that) and breakfast both mornings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Rhonda B

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and have addressed the areas you have highlighted for attention and your comments concerning electrical outlets with senior management. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue with the taps in the shower and for the housekeeping shortfall. We have immediately followed up.

It’s especially pleasing to hear how happy you were with the service you received from the Team in all areas of the Hotel, thank you.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, nearby lots of restaurants, pubs, and downtown offices. It's an older hotel that has been restored to relatively modern standards. I would caution anyone before staying here though. My comments:

- The furniture in the rooms is worn and old; looked like something out of my grandmother's basement
- Complimentary bottled water in the rooms should be provided for a hotel like this. All that was available was tap, or I could spend the $6 or whatever for the bottled water. Really?
- The thermostats aren't modern and are somewhat confusing on setting the temperature.
- The rooms have very little sound protection against the outdoors. This leads to my chief complaint. Noise. Trash service occurs at night in Perth, and about once an hour, from 11pm to 5am, a trash truck pulled right below my room and picked up dumpster after dumpster. I think some were trash, some for glass, some for plastics. Then other trucks would transverse the alley behind the building. It was relentless and made for an impossible restful stay. 3 nights of this that seemed to get progressively worse each night. On Thursday about 4am I snapped a photo and have posted it on this site. I have some video as well where you can hear the banging, but I wasn't quick enough to video the "beep, beep, beep" of the reverse horns.

I stay in so many hotels around Asia, and while I understand things are different in Australia, I've never experienced such a problem in any other comparable hotel.

Decent gym, although some of the equipment was broken, missing buttons, limited channel selection.

Room Tip: I stayed in 414 and it was the worst possible room I could have asked for - not only the longest walk from the lift, but right over the dumpster! Maybe 314 would be worse.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flylow47
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Flylow47

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to hear you were disturbed by outside noise during your stay. Please let us know when you make your next booking and we will allocate a room in a quieter location for you.

With regard to the décor, we are over half way through a program of improvements to the Hotel including replacing all furniture in every guest room to provide a fresh contemporary presentation. We are also updating the air conditioning thermostat control in every room. We are confident you will enjoy the changes.

It’s great to hear you were happy with the gym. All the equipped is checked daily to ensure it is in excellent working condition. I have asked our engineers to follow up with your feedback; thank you for letting us know.

We would appreciate an opportunity to change your impression. I would be grateful if you could contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone at 08 9215 2000 so I may address your concerns personally.

Again, thanks so much for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.