“Pretty Tired”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a function the next day at the hotel. Check in and facilities in general are all ok. Good location if you need to be in the city of convention centre. I was disappointed though with the quality of the room. It had all the facilities you would expect, but for $450 odd dollars for the night and about another $30 odd for parking it was a very expensive night, in a room that was well and truly due for a make over. I'm a normal size male, and the shower over bath set up was crazy, I literally could not lift my arms up to wash my hair. To be fair, it was clean and ticked all the boxes, but for these dollars, I expected a new room or a view or certainly a bit more than what I got. I would not return here, I feel there is better quality rooms in Perth at this price range. As a final point, get a room away from the lifts, I heard them going up and down all night.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lifts, I heard them going up and down all night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CG888CG
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear CG888CG

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m pleased that overall you were reasonably happy with most aspects of your stay, however I’m very sorry for any disappointment concerning your room’s décor.

We are over half way through an improvement program including replacement of all furniture in guest rooms to provide a fresh contemporary presentation. I am sorry on this occasion we were unable to allocate a refreshed room and hope you will consider returning to enjoy the changes.

Please also accept my apologies for the issue you had with the bathroom. Certain guest room categories offer separate showers so please let us know when you next make a booking and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences.

We would appreciate a chance to change your impression next time you stay. Please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000 so I may personally assist.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Don't expect a large room at the Parmelia, but it was clean. What a pity a central city location hotel doesn't offer free wi-fi in room, so that guests must huddle in what is quite a small lobby area to use the free wi-fi there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Charlotte C

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the Hotel’s convenient location and that you were happy with all aspects of your stay.

Many of our rates and packages now include complimentary WiFi; I’m very sorry for any disappointment on this occasion. Complimentary WiFi is also available in Adelphi Grill and our 24 hour business centre which may be of benefit next time you visit.

Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

we arrived with High Expections .. we were not dissapointed .. Jan had hardly pulled into frontage of the Hotel , when Valet Parking offered to take care of Toyota - barely had time to take our luggage from boot .. trolley appeared & suitcases were loaded . Next , was checkout .. booking was confirmed within minutes , cards for room 816 , were handed over / also price for w/end special was secured , $ 195 per nite + full b/fast ! FRANCESCO ( on loan from VENICE ) offered his personal attention for any requests - by the time I turned around , our bags were already on the way to our rooms ! They got there , before us ! We were greeted by an AWESOME BED !!
we looked @ each other & mutually agreed .. we would spend a lot of time Enjoying Big Bed !! the entire room was very clean , especially bathroom / toilet area ; good TV , writing desk & quite a view of St. George's terrace - we had our first tea & coffee ! Bonus arrival chocs ...
It was a strain getting up the next morning .. however the lure of a Big B/Fast encouraged us ! Melanie escorted us to our table ... within seconds we were offered a pot of tea or coffee each!
The range of food was SUPERB and so FRESH . of course , Egg-Station .. plate delivered to your table , within minutes ; great variety of breads & bakeries .. lots of cereals + fresh fruits -
to top it off , banana & mango mini smoothies - YUMMY !! Jasmine constantly topped-up my coffee & Melaine ( cool & efficient B/Fast manager ) delivered w/end newspaper . Cruelly , our 3 days came to an end & it was time to check-out ..but wait ! we had requested late check-out !
The Hotel is in excellent position near Milligan St. & St. Georges Terrace / Taxi stand available.
We can hardly wait for our next stay @ this most enjoyable treat !! Well Done Hotel Hilton !!

Room Tip: ask for altitude + view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Christian Z

Thank you for your fantastic review.

The Team and I are delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. Thank you for making special mention of the great service you received from Francesco and Melanie. I have passed on your comments and they are so happy to receive the recognition.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, they just couldn't do enough for us. Best deal in Perth I'm sure we snagged a bargain. The room was very clean and functional. Breakfast was delicious. And the bed was like sleeping in a cloud. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Laurel H

So glad you loved your stay with us and especially enjoyed the comfort of your bed and your breakfast in Adelphi Grill.

Thanks very much for your review and recommendation. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Often stay at this hotel because it very convenient for shopping and business and always very good service, great for weekends for couples as good rates, businessmen keep rates up during week.
Good breakfast but lots of cafe's and restaurants in area and some of the best just a short walk away like Trustee and Heritage.

Room Tip: They offer upgrades often Friday to Sunday so ask as good value
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear amaroocars

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m delighted to hear you often stay at the Hotel and enjoy the excellent service from our Team.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

took long before i could check in so i decided to go around and discover the city. Lobby was very small like the room which was very basic. it must have seen better days and will look better with some renovations. staff were polite and helpful, breakfast reasonable yet not as good as you get in other Hiltons. this hotel is all about location if you need to be in CBD
Pros: nice staff, clean, location
Cons: shrunk dimensions, basic in all aspects
I rate it as a very good 3 star hotel

Room Tip: take your ear plugs since the noise of the vent really hurts
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear shahrokhg

It’s great to hear you were happy overall with your stay, however I’m sorry for any disappointment with your room’s décor. As part of a program of improvements, we are in the process of replacing all furniture in each guest room and have completed more than half our rooms with the remainder due by September this year. The result is a fresh contemporary presentation we are sure you will appreciate.

I’m really pleased you were impressed by the service from the Team and the cleanliness of your room.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Whilst the Hilton in Perth looks somewhat tired from the outside, inside is modern. Rooms are functional but a tad small, but they do have the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Room service menu is good but can be let down by delivery time. Reception staff are excellent, no issues.

If staying for longer than a few days, take your laundry out to laundromat as the cost for this is outrageous.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Greg W

So glad to hear you enjoyed your recent short stay.

The Hotel offers a range of different room sizes and configurations so please let us know next time you book and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences. Great to learn you had such a comfortable sleep!

I’m very sorry for any delay in delivering your inroom dining order and have shared your comments with the Team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you visit Perth.