“A good weekend”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“A good weekend”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I booked this place as a mystery deal through a website. It turned out to be a good move. The Parmelia Hilton is well located close to the Convention Centre, His Majesty's Theatre and the city mall. Bus transport in central Perth is convenient and will get you anywhere you need to go. The room was well appointed and the king sized bed was very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was included in my tariff and was of the standard you'd expect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear TCB72

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your weekend stay at the Hotel and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had seen mixed reviews about the Hilton with concerns about parking and some of the rooms still needing renovation. We had booked a very affordable deal that included valet parking but there was some confusion(maybe just on our part) about whether this would cost the $50 per night. All our fears were allayed as the valet parking was free and very efficient - absolutely no wait. The service was good from front desk to the wait staff in the delightful Delphi Grill restaurant. Our room, while not one of the renovated ones was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The location of the hotel is great with excellent access to the CBD as well as close to the major freeway and within an easy walk of Kings Park. The Adelphi Grill is a great place to have both breakfast and dinner with friendly staff and delicious food. We actually ate there twice in a three night stay as it was so convenient and not too pricey. We had breakfast in our package as well and again a great range of very tasty food each morning. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and we would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: We were advised not to get a room near the lifts due to noise problems. Not sure if true but it work...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David P

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

I’m delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and were particularly happy with your dining experiences in Adelphi Grill.

We are well over half way through our room refresh, replacing all furniture in each guest room to provide a fresh contemporary presentation. I am sorry on this occasion we were unable to allocate a refreshed guest room, however we hope you will be returning soon to enjoy the changes. All rooms are due for completion by September this year.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is not a review about the hotel or its amenities, but about one person who made our stay at your hotel... Victor at the Concierge Desk.
He could not have been more courteous, helpful and personable.
He told me of interesting places to visit, showed me on the map how to get there ,and was most welcoming and interested to find out how we enjoyed the experiences.
I must congratulate you on having the perfect person as a concierge in Victor.
Sue Roytowski.
Johannesburg
South Africa

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan R R
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Susan R R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the excellent service you received from Victor, our Concierge, during your stay. We are indeed proud of Victor and I have taken great pleasure in sharing your feedback with him and his colleagues. I know he appreciates the recognition immensely!

We hope you had a very comfortable stay and managed to visit some of the delights Perth has to offer.

The Team and I wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Another leg of our Ashes trip.

As a Gold HHonors member given upgraded room. Friendly, helpful staff. Especially the barman who helped me sample the best selection of beer I found in Australia. Good food in the restaurant as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Richdrake

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us on your Ashes trip.

I’m really pleased you were happy with your upgrade and enjoyed sampling beer in Adelphi Grill.

We hope to see you again next time you’re in Perth. Safe travels.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is situated within walking distance of the Perth Arena and some great restaurants. It was easy to find, the valet was efficient and I was able to get into the room earlier than anticipated. I LOVE the pillow choices in the Hilton as I'm a soft and fluffy kind of gal and can't stand the standard hard pillows that you get at hotels.. The bed and duvets are also always very comfortable. I only have one gripe about hotel's in general in Australia and that is they seem to be the only country in the world that insist on charging EXTRA for a 3 or 4th person. The extra charge for my 2nd child was $65??

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear sandrabD3532FL

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I’m delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and especially appreciated the Hotel’s great location and the pillows!

To enable us to check your booking and establish what was charged, could you kindly contact me via david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stay here regularly and as a a Hilton Diamond HH Member receive a few bonuses. This latest stay was a room upgrade to a Hilton Queen suite - wow, super luxury and spacious and all at a ridiculously cheap $140 a night. Staff are incredibly welcoming and attentive and remeber my name and my 10 year old son who frequently stays with me on Perth trips. Thanks guys, will be back soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chris M

We are delighted to hear how much you and your son enjoyed your recent stay at the Hotel. We certainly enjoy rewarding your loyalty!

Thanks so much for your review and great recommendation. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a function the next day at the hotel. Check in and facilities in general are all ok. Good location if you need to be in the city of convention centre. I was disappointed though with the quality of the room. It had all the facilities you would expect, but for $450 odd dollars for the night and about another $30 odd for parking it was a very expensive night, in a room that was well and truly due for a make over. I'm a normal size male, and the shower over bath set up was crazy, I literally could not lift my arms up to wash my hair. To be fair, it was clean and ticked all the boxes, but for these dollars, I expected a new room or a view or certainly a bit more than what I got. I would not return here, I feel there is better quality rooms in Perth at this price range. As a final point, get a room away from the lifts, I heard them going up and down all night.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lifts, I heard them going up and down all night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CG888CG
Dear CG888CG

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m pleased that overall you were reasonably happy with most aspects of your stay, however I’m very sorry for any disappointment concerning your room’s décor.

We are over half way through an improvement program including replacement of all furniture in guest rooms to provide a fresh contemporary presentation. I am sorry on this occasion we were unable to allocate a refreshed room and hope you will consider returning to enjoy the changes.

Please also accept my apologies for the issue you had with the bathroom. Certain guest room categories offer separate showers so please let us know when you next make a booking and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences.

We would appreciate a chance to change your impression next time you stay. Please contact me direct at david.constantine@hilton.com or by telephone on 08 9215 2000 so I may personally assist.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.