“Keep expectation in tow”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 9 July 2014

For the appreciation of Diamond status members, the Parmelia Hilton does not really recognise you – perhaps minimally - so if you have HH status, keep your expectations in tow. On check in they had me in an un-renovated room and although not seeing it, I suggested that perhaps they could do better. The desk staff kindly obliged and put me in a renovated room (which was OK) but the point here is they should not have had to adjust the room selection as the Hilton clearly sets expectations for those with high status HH members. Unfortunately these are not met by the Parmelia (in my opinion). It would have been OK if I was there for one night but I was/am staying the week. There is no executive lounge (not an issue for me) and they compensate with a voucher for one free drink and a tapas plate for each night you stay. Thankfully the tapas plate was gratis as I would not pay the normal $19 for 5 pieces of penne pasta, 4 prawns which were barely legal size and 2 small pieces of pork belly – all would have fitted in the palm of your hand. A bowl of peanuts may have been better – one learns from ones experience! The most annoying thing was a minor issue. You only receive bottled water on the first night you stay. This was pointed out to me quite directly by the staff when I asked for more some water on the second night (such audacity). It would appear that you are expected to visit the convenience store attached to the Hotel to purchase your own if you stay more than one night. Now I have stayed in many Hiltons worldwide along with many non-Hilton ranging from 2 to 5 star and I have always received bottled water. Alas not the Parmelia – so bring your own! I know it may sound petty but I stay 80-100 night a year in Hilton’s and this is the first Hotel worldwide that I have stayed in (Hilton or otherwise) where I am expected to purchase my own water – petty as it sounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear TravelEverwhere

Thank you very much for review.

I am very sorry you were disappointed by the recognition you received as a Hilton Honors Diamond guest. Please accept my sincere apologies. Your experience has been reviewed with the teams concerned with regard to your room allocation in particular. Your comment concerning the tapas selection is the first we have received and has been addressed with our Executive Chef. We are sorry you were not happy and will be reviewing the selection.

Please also accept my apologies for any disappointment caused by the complimentary water delivery to your room. Our valued HHonors Diamond Members do receive the 2 bottles on arrival but not each day.

We hope to have a chance to change your impression next time you visit. Thanks again for your feedback.

David

Write a ReviewReviews (2,384)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great hotel with very friendly staff. Bedroom and bathroom were large and well equipped with everything a business person requires. Breakfast was good but I thought they could have a little more expansive offering.

NOTE: Roads around the hotel are under construction which causes significant delays. Make sure you leave sufficient time to get to the Perth airport since the construction delays are really bad…written June/July 2014.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Harry S

Thank you very much for review.

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the friendly service from our Team.

Our buffet breakfast in Adelphi Grill offers the usual cooked breakfast items together with an array of international dishes. Please let us know if there anything at all we can offer to make this a more enjoyable experience.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the ongoing road works in Perth city centre. These can sometimes disrupt traffic flow so it is good to allow sufficient time for travel during peak periods.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

bathroom door had peeling paint, bathroom fixtures looked very old. heating was so hot despite attempts to adjust temperature. breakfast in the restaurant was not good. bacon very tough, sausage like boot leather and precooked poached eggs overcooked. The checkout process was disappointing also due to front desk females attitude and what appeared to me as abruptness. For a 5 star establishment would expect more. The check in process was good though and the staff at the batr good also.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy H

Dear Judy H

Thank you very much for your review.

Naturally, I am concerned to hear there were aspects of your stay that were clearly unacceptable and I'm so sorry you have left with a poor impression. In particular, please accept my most sincere apologies for your disappointment with breakfast. Your comments have immediately been shared with our Executive Chef.

I am also very sorry for the issue with your bathroom and air conditioning which our engineering team has resolved.

I note that whilst your check in process was very good and you were happy with the service from the Adelphi bar team, your check out experience was not as it should have been. This is certainly not the impression we would want you to leave us with and has also been immediately addressed by senior management.

Thank you also for the feedback you have shared via our online survey to which we have responded.

We are very thankful for the opportunity to make amends and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights at the hotel. Was located in a more business district, I had a car so didn't mind to much. Room was great, staff were friendly and had no problems at all through my stay. Very happy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Chris N

Thank you very much for your review.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent 5 night stay and were very happy with all aspects of your visit.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

the Hotel was conveniently located to the convention centre, city centre and local attractions as well as providing friendly , personal service. All amenities were exceptional. Rooms were clean and had all the necessary essential for travelling either for a short period of time or longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Debbie-Ann M

Thank you very much for your review.

So glad to hear you enjoyed the Hotel’s convenient location and that you were very happy with all aspects of your stay.

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Perth. Safe travels.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed overnight to attend a ball at the nearby Convention Centre (terrible function centre). Our arrival certainly was not as it is in other countries; no valet, no luggage trolley so we got our own. Took an extended time to check in. But this IS Perth and one can't expect the same level of service as you get elsewhere in the world regardless of the price you pay.
The bed was like a cloud and the pillows matched! Beautiful sleep. The breakfast was fantastic and the service was well above average. The hotel is old and a little tired in places but overall it beats some of the other 4 star hotels in Perth.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra $15 they charge for a balcony. The view of rubbish bins is not worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vanessa P

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

It’s fantastic to hear you particularly enjoyed the comfort of your bed and your buffet breakfast in Adelphi Grill, and that the service from all our Team was above average.

Your arrival experience is not usual and I’m very sorry for the shortfall which has been immediately addressed. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment.

Thanks again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Once again the Hilton Hotel delivers the quality you expect when traveling for business within Australia or Internationally. Staying at the Hilton ensures you that the standards you expect are always delivered by the quality trained and experienced professionals...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Andrew D

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and recommendation.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our Team made such a great impression.

The Team’s focus is to provide a consistently high standard of experience for our guests so it is extremely pleasing to receive your comments, thank you.

Hope to see you again soon.