For the appreciation of Diamond status members, the Parmelia Hilton does not really recognise you – perhaps minimally - so if you have HH status, keep your expectations in tow. On check in they had me in an un-renovated room and although not seeing it, I suggested that perhaps they could do better. The desk staff kindly obliged and put me in a renovated room (which was OK) but the point here is they should not have had to adjust the room selection as the Hilton clearly sets expectations for those with high status HH members. Unfortunately these are not met by the Parmelia (in my opinion). It would have been OK if I was there for one night but I was/am staying the week. There is no executive lounge (not an issue for me) and they compensate with a voucher for one free drink and a tapas plate for each night you stay. Thankfully the tapas plate was gratis as I would not pay the normal $19 for 5 pieces of penne pasta, 4 prawns which were barely legal size and 2 small pieces of pork belly – all would have fitted in the palm of your hand. A bowl of peanuts may have been better – one learns from ones experience! The most annoying thing was a minor issue. You only receive bottled water on the first night you stay. This was pointed out to me quite directly by the staff when I asked for more some water on the second night (such audacity). It would appear that you are expected to visit the convenience store attached to the Hotel to purchase your own if you stay more than one night. Now I have stayed in many Hiltons worldwide along with many non-Hilton ranging from 2 to 5 star and I have always received bottled water. Alas not the Parmelia – so bring your own! I know it may sound petty but I stay 80-100 night a year in Hilton’s and this is the first Hotel worldwide that I have stayed in (Hilton or otherwise) where I am expected to purchase my own water – petty as it sounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parmelia Hilton Perth provides the ideal home base for business and leisure. It is located in the heart of the CBD, across the road from the Perth Convention Centre and close to excellent shopping, restaurants and bars. Just a short stroll to beautiful Kings Park and the stunning Elizabeth Quay on the Swan River. All rooms at the Parmelia Hilton feature Hilton Serenity beds, high-speed internet (charges apply) and LCD TVs with complimentary cable and Foxtel channels. Relax by the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped 24 hour gym. For a sizzling steak or a boutique beer on tap, enjoy the Adelphi Grill & Bar. The hotel's $55 per 24 hour valet parking service offers secure, under cover parking with the convenience of having your car brought to the hotel driveway as often as required. Valet parking is limited and space may not always be available, maximum height of vehicles is 1.9 m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Parmelia Hilton Perth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth
- Hilton International Perth
- Hilton Perth
- Perth Hilton