“Friendly hotel, Hilton Branded with very good service”

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We were upgraded to a suite so can't comment on other rooms. They definately look after hilton honors guests as we were staying with our rewards. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived as we were early for check in but they gave us free drinks vouchers while we waited and the room was ready within 10 mins. That's service!

The suites are amazing, lots of rooms and big beds! very comfortable, and also great to share with someone rather than on your own if you are away for business. The outdoor pool was adequate although it had a very small gym. The location is great for the Perth CBD although a fair walk away from the Central train station. As we were sightseeing we ended up going other places than Perth but the Hotel was a great base. The staff are Very friendly and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed 3 October 2009

I recently stayed in a twin room with my 2 teenagers(extra rollaway for 12yo). The room was spacious, light and all amenities were great. From the reception desk staff to the restaurant staff at the Globe ( fab food for dinner and excellent buffet breakfast), we experienced the best customer service I have had in ANY 5 star hotel in Perth. The gym and the pool were great and well maintained. We were spoilt and this will be our future first choice for family/friends/visitors to Perth.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Chose to stay here on a five day holiday to Perth because I knew it was centrally located and of my HHonors status alone.

BOOKING/CHECK-IN:
Booked online through Hilton Honors and chose the best room on their website, which was a top floor executive suite with a river view. Also arranged to have a rental car dropped off at the hotel prior to our arrival. Since I know Perth well, I opted not to have a hotel transfer as I figured a cap would be much cheaper. Unfortunately the queue at the airport was RIDICULOUS and i regretted not getting that transport. At check-in the staff were friendly to the point of scary, mentioning several times my "Hilton status". When the girl gave my room key, she mentioned we upgraded you to the "best room in the entire hotel", an executive suite. When I replied half jokingly, "I thought that is what I booked", she looked confused and stammered, uh....well, this one has a river view. When I smiled and said, I was pretty sure I booked that too, she was lost for words and said....well, we upgraded you to the "best room in the hotel". So I said, thanks and we headed up to our room. It wasnt a big deal to me and was kind of laughing in the elevator about them trying to lie about upgrading us just to make us happy. This of course back-fired and made me think them as shady, they would have done better than to say nothing. The icing on the cake is that we were staying beside, NOT IN, a huge room named "PENTHOUSE" and that our room's river view was through ongoing construction. Nicest room indeed.

LOCATION:
For staying in Perth on business or for shopping. The location is ideal. We were using it as a base for some trips further afield so it worked well in that sense as well. it's right downtown, just off St. Georges Tce. Plenty of dining, nightlife and shopping options all within a quick walk.

ROOMS:
Our room was huge. there is no doubt about that. It was the first thing to catch your eye. Obviously it used to be two larger rooms converted into one. The living area itself housed a couch and chair, a dining table for six, and a computer desk. there was also a full bathroom, complete with shower, at the entrance of the sitting area. The bedroom, although smaller, was also spacious and would be considered a large hotel room in itself. Surprisingly, the main bathroom for such a large room was rather small and incongruent. The second thing to catch my eye was the furniture from BEFORE I WAS BORN. To me, one of the telling things about any luxury hotel in this day and age is the lack of a flat screen TV. It just seems a basic piece of furniture IMO, this room had a TV that was easily 15 - 20 years old. However; the rest of the furnitre was older. I think the attempt was to fashion some colonial type antiquey sort of room but if you don't actually use luxury antiques, the rusty and stained trays and the velour cushions come across as garage sale, or grandma edith's house.

FOOD:
The breakfasts were the only thing about this hotel that was typically Hilton. (Read: high quality). There was plenty of fresh selections and shockingly a wide array of international options. They even had Nasi Lemak one of the mornings. We never actually ate in the either of the restaurants outside of breakfast since there are great options in Perth.

SERVICE:
The "fake upgrade" at the beginning of the stay kind of put a sour taste in my mouth and given the nonchalance to any guest at the front desk after that initial check in, I guessed that overt friendliness on arrival was an expression of guilt as they knew they were just BSing us. Although quite friendly, the jockey service can be painfully slow, sometimes taking 20 minutes to get your car brought up.

OVERALL:
Have stayed in quite a few Hilton branded hotels, and this is by far the worst I've stayed. It's not that we had a terrible stay, but if you are expecting Hilton calibre, you will be disappointed. but that could be said about a lot of Perth hotels.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Faithful_Suitcase
Reviewed 6 September 2009

This hotel was the friendliest I have ever encountered. Nothing was too much trouble and in the case of a small misunderstanding, we were rewarded with a good bottle of wine, awaiting us in the room with a note of apology,. We were upgraded to a king suite which reminded me of the Waldorf in NYC - beautifully appointed with a huge bathroom. The breakfast spread was excellent with very attentive service. Cannot understand anyone griping about this hotel. It was all round fabulous.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Stayed for one night in April when I was working for V Festival. Our flight arrived from Melbourne very early on a Sunday morning and the hotel was very busy and couldn't accommodate early check-in for us. During check in I was informed that I had been upgraded but given I couldn't actually get into the room I didn't really know to expect.

The staff understood that we really needed to get refreshed having been up so early to get our flight (not to mention we''d also worked all day previous at the Melbourne festival) so they let us use the changing rooms at the pool and gave us supplies and towels which was godsend. The pool area was pretty cool, on the roof of one of the buildings with a few deck loungers and had I not been working would def have spent some time up there.

The hotel itself is fine but it does look very dated. The restaurant on the ground floor was nice and the buffet breakfast was pretty damn good too.

As were were working at the Festival all day we didn't see much of the hotel but comments about the place being dated are true to all the bits I did see. We all received text messages from the hotel advising that our rooms were ready and that our luggage would be waiting in the rooms when we got back. Finishing work at midnight and getting back to the hotel I was surprised to see I had been upgraded to a huge suite room with a massive bed, sitting area, work desk and an equally big bathroom. Again all needed to be updated but I was impressed with a really big shower and even a full size bath too. And the little private balcony was nice as well.

Overall, not a bad stay but the hotel didn't cary the style and luxury you'd expect from a Hilton Hotel. I'd stay again if I got a really good rate.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Seamus_81
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I paid AUD$99 for 1 Nite stay as it was from a promotion! Free Welcome Drinks too! But the parking is a bit steep at AUD$34! Overall good clean room, service was top notch, what you would expect from a 5 Stars hotel. Location is ok.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I stayed here for one night and enjoyed good service from the porters, concierge and room service.

Room was very clean and comfortable although the view was dire, as we overlooked an uninspiring office block.

I enjoyed the ease of access to central Perth. I least liked the lack of parking although the porters were very helpful and unloaded our luggage from the rental car.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends