“A GOOD DEAL FOR A CITY STOP”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Decided to spend the night in the City before sailing on a cruise. Took advantage of a special deal offered durning the year. Nice room overlooking the Freeway. Good bed/hot shower/coffee/tea/ modern TV. Easy acess by bus just around the corner.Will use again if needed..

Room Tip: Hard to find if you are walking.Its tucked in-between 2 other buildings with No signs along the road...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
GMgrRSPER, Front Office Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear careronthe run
Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay with us. The hotel is a great location making it perfect for the business or leisure traveler. It is close to Kings Park, CBD and also it’s close to public transport for people wanting to explore Perth or take the bus to the Domestic Airport.
Once again thanks for the feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Kind regards

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I'll say this - the service was quite good overall. I can't fault that. The hotel is in a good location, especially for visiting King's Park (which you must do). The fitness room is basic but I've seen a lot worse so I do rate it. There is a sauna but I didn't use it. The breakfast is good.

The rooms are quite average, and regardless of room (I changed so saw two types) they only benefit from some natural light. The sitting room in my second room was in darkness though the bedroom area did have natural light, which for me is important. The furnishings make the rooms feel a bit clinical rather than homey. It wasn't a room I wanted to stay in.

Internet seemed to work fine in the room though it's fixed line only. Wifi in reception was very spotty.

Room Tip: Don't go for a standard room unless you're happy to face a wall or a building and have no na...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear alexsw1
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service you received was good. The hotel prides itself on providing excellent customer service.
The rooms were given a soft refurbishment during the hotel’s renovations in 2011/12 and some of the rooms face the freeway and have double glazed windows to minimize the noise. Other rooms face the laneway and some travelers prefer these rooms as they can be quiet and you can also open the windows if you would like some fresh air.
Broadband and Wifi internet are available in the rooms and are free to guests.
The hotel certainly is in a good location, a short distance from Kings Park and the CBD.
Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel as the 1st of 3 stops in Australia! The staff are extremely friendly and are more than willing to help with any enquiry!!!! Unfortunately we only discovered the food on our last but one day. We had a lunch and dinner in the restaurant. We didn't have a bad meal in Perth at all but this food was out of this world!! No complaints what so ever!!!!!! The only downside is the bar closes at 10ish but everything else about this accommodation is outstanding!!!!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear x-lil_lis-x
Thank you for your great feedback, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was able to help you with your enquiries during your stay.
Our bar and café aims to provide some great food at reasonable prices and it’s pleasing to hear that the food was fantastic.
Once again thank you for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again, next time you are in Perth.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Our stay was satisfactory, a few things like decent pillows, and perhaps pillow tops on top of very very hard mattresses would go a very long way, we both had terribly uncomfortable sleep due hard mattress.

Parking was terrible as we are from the country we have large cars 4wd, we asked at reception where to park as was told we could use your parking for $25 a day, we then said we have a large 4wd and would we fit, we were assured by the reception staff that we would, now it think for a training exercise they could perhaps hire a dual cab hilux and see how many attempts it takes to park in that carpark with only two free spaces available!!! We ended up parking on the street for the first night, the second night we had to sit in the car in the waiting area for 1/2 an hour until a street parking place came available as it was the night of the Christmas pageant and the city was bedlam! The third night we didn't move our car at all on the Sunday and instead caught taxis everywhere!
I know they can't do much about the parking situation with large cars but perhaps a little bit more information when booking! Like "parking limited for large cars" or "street parking for large cars however subject to availability as no reserve parking available" if we had of known that parking was going to be difficult we would of stayed at a different hotel.

Other than that the rooms were clean, check in and out was fast and easy, hotel is well located, room service food was lovely.

Thanks
Karen

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank justordinary
GMgrRSPER, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Justordinary

Thank you for your time and posting on Trip Advisor.

Your comments in regards to the parking are noted and have been addressed with the Team. Also, your feedback regarding the beds and pillows have been noted and passed on to the Housekeeping Team. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

The hotel had a soft refurbishment last year which included the replacement of our beds. Please do not hesitate to contact us next time by dialing the Reception Team as we are able to make beds softer if requested.

I was glad that the remaining for your stay was good and you enjoyed the room service food and found the hotel well located.

Thank you once again for your Trip Advisor review and we are looking forward to welcome you back next time.

Warm regards

Kyle Kaya | Hotel Manager
Rendezvous Studio Hotel Perth Central

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed one night on business recently, on first floor just above reception. Firstly walk into a room with wardrobe kettle and desk - very uninviting! Bathroom was obviously special-needs kitted out which I didn't mind but it was dingy to say the least. Ceiling low and worn, old tiling & tap wear, no cabinet just bench and basin. Shower curtain wrapped around but water flooded toilet area. Bedroom small - just wide enough for bedside tables and bed with TV on wall at the end. Bed was comfy though. Window faced concrete wall. Had dinner at the restaurant which was good and bar area presented well.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Susanne R
GMgrRSPER, Front Office Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Susanne R
Thanks for the heads up about the room. Your feedback has been passed onto our Maintenance Team to rectify the issues and make the room more appealing. If you do visit us again, we will endeavour to allocate another room.
Glad you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant which open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is certainly getting great feedback!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Checked in on a Friday afternoon. The room was very small and the couch/desk area very dingy with no direct sunlight. The tv remote did not work very well. By about 5pm the noise from downstairs was incredibly loud - I could feel the bass from the music going through my room and could hear cutlery and plates clattering constantly. I finally called reception and they were more than happy to help with a room change. New room was on the top floor, beautiful and spacious and very quiet. The brilliant customer service (one of the ladies Karen in particular was very helpful) and the quick room change was very much appreciated and it is for these reasons that I would go back, but would make sure not to be on the first floor, in particular rooms 101 or 102.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Klee2098
On Friday afternoons we do have live music or a DJ during 5pm and 8pm in the bar downstairs. I can understand the noise does travel to the first floor as the floor is not enclosed. I am pleased that we were able to move you to a higher floor which was more peaceful.
I look forward to having you stay with us again and will make sure you are not located on the first level.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was feeling a little apprehensive at first because i had read a couple of bad reviews regarding this hotel but a lot more positive reviews. I was not disappointed at all. Very clean so i can't understand why 1 or 2 say it's not. It makes me understand that depending on one's mood a review is going to be very dependant on that. I'm fussy and i honestly felt very little to complain about. Funnily enough it was the about being charged for something from the mini bar that i had not used. I never use any of the items and choose to buy out in town. I had read a review about the hotel that ppl had been charged for items from the mini bar. So last night i checked my credit acct and $4 was taken out. I hadn't used my card at all yesterday so i did ring the hotel and she said yes.. it was the mini bar and that she will put the money back into my acct today. On sat i arrived back to the hotel and my room was just being serviced so i sat and waited in the nice area outside the rooms. I had been walking in the heat and so i stripped off when i got back to my room :D A lil later i realized that no coffees teas sugars or milks had been refilled. No shampoos, or bodywash were refilled either. I didn't want to have to get dressed again and get it.. I had brought uht milk myself so that was lucky. That was the only downside. Hotel was mostly quite except when you do get a couple of noisy guests but seriously it wasn't a problem. A/C worked great, tv great, room size great, bed so big and comfy and the pillows also. So central to the City and it's a lovely area. Reception Staff all lovely and friendly. If i return to Perth i will definitely stay here again. The Hotel was better than i expected. Not to critisize anyone but a reviewer said she asked for a "Clean and Safe Room" I feel the office managers reply of "All our rooms are clean and safe" was an appropriate answer. This is not the Bronx, this was downtown Perth a very beautiful city with beautiful people i can't even imagine having to ask in any location for a room with those requirements. I've travelled alone to Dubai, Turkey, London and i've not once thought to ask for a clean safe room.

Room Tip: My room had a brick wall opposite but that wasn't a problem at all, made it feel more private.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kelliii
GMgrRSPER, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Keliii

Thank you so much for your candid Trip Advisor Review. It was absolutely delightful reading you enjoyed your stay, found the accommodation clean and the hotel Team friendly and lovely.

The hotel is located in Perth CBD with all main city attractions within walking distance. The hotel is manned 24/7 and like you mentioned I can only agree that this area is very safe.

I much appreciate your feedback RE minibar and the refill of your amenities. Rest assured this will be followed-up and discussed in our next Department meeting. I am glad that the Team has refunded you promptly.

Kelliii, once again, thank you for your great review and we are looking forward welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards