“Great Place to stay”

Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Rendezvous Studio Hotel during our recent visit to Perth 7/14. We found the hotel close enough to all attractions but in a nice quiet court. We paid for onsite parking. There is very limited parking on the street. Our first stint of 3 days was on the First floor where a little bit of corridor noise could be heard as the ground floor with restaurant and first floor were in an open plan. The room was very clean and lots of space. After returning from a short 3 day trip we stayed for another 3 day stint this time on the 4th floor. great views of the river and city lights at night. We had breakfast in the hotel on 2 occasions the food was good. There is 24hr room service available. The staff were very friendly and welcoming lots of smiles and hello's. Would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above level one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyle K, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear EllyTours

Thank you so much for the time taken and your great feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us on your two separate stays and found the Team friendly and welcoming. I was especially delighted to read you received a lot of smiles and hello's. As you will agree, small gestures and a personal touch can make or break a memorable experience!

I will make sure this feedback is shared with the Team. I am sure they are happy to be mentioned!

Also, great to hear that you enjoyed your meals and experience in the Straits Cafe!

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and the time take to write this on Trip Advisor. The Team and I are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next trip to Perth.

There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central

999 - 1,005 of 1,111 reviews

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice rooms with good beds, clean and modern, located closed to the CBD. The restaurant is open 24/7 so ifyou arrive on sunday night you can have dinner, which is good as most of the restaurants around are closed on Sunday night. This is a no nonsense, functional kind of hotel, convenient when you want to be close to UWA or Kings Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hybridworldwanders

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback. It was great to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and modern with good beds.

Also glad to read you found it convenient to have a restaurant on-site. We are open 7 days a week including room service 24/7.

Once again, appreciate the time taken and I will make sure your experience is shared with the Team. I am sure they will be delighted too with the feedback given.

Looking forward to be seeing you next time upon your trip to Perth.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a stopover on my way up to Karratha. I'll say now that i work in the mines, so my usual hospitality experience is sleeping in cabin with a single bed and eating my meals in a canteen. After two nights at the rendezvous i can honestly say i would prefer the cabin!
The lady at reception was civil when i arrived and i was dealt with efficiently. I wasn't however offered any assistance with my bags. Now, I am more than happy to take my own bags up to my room but in my experience hotels of this price usually make the offer. I would have declined, but the fact i was not even asked showed the general apathy of the staff which i found to be prevalent throughout my stay.
I found the room acceptable, more in keeping with a luxury hostel room than a $189 a night hotel. It was very sterile and soulless. Apart from that the bed was comfortable the room was quiet. The internet was problematic, i payed $15 dollars for 24 hours which promised fast downloads and streaming, as it was i could not even watch videos on youtube without giving them 5 minutes to load. Also connected to the free WiFi on my phone, this was faulty and kept disconnecting so i went back to using 3G (I tried using both rendezvous public and studio).
The restaurant and bar is where things really take a nosedive. When you walk into the restaurant/cafe there is a sign which asks you to wait to be seated. I ate in the restaurant a total of 5 times. 4 of those times i stood at the sign while at least 1 or more of the staff walked past me or saw me and ignored me, when i was seen the staff would tell me i could sit where i liked (the restaurant was pretty much empty on all occasions).
The restaurant was nicely decorated in the style of a coffee club or starbucks, real high street class. The white ikea kitchen unit in the middle really makes the dining room. I was seated next to the kitchen which is open so i clearly here the chefs profanities and shreaking laughter all through my meal. Although i never spoke to him i felt i knew him well by the end of my meal as i had a healthy waiting time of nearly 45 minutes for my RARE STEAK. I can only assume that the other 4 diners had far more intricate meals than are shown on the menu which took some time to prepare. I had a very similar experience the next night only this time i spent over 2 hours in the restaurant. Although i did have 3 courses which i understand can be a bit of a swerve ball for a professional restaurant.....
Taking my past experiences into account, on the last morning i was there i walked straight into the cafe to sit down. I was immediately and zealously accosted by two staff who presumably thought i was going to make off with some cutlery as i hadn't announced myself as i walked in. I was made to walk back to aforementioned sign (seriously) and wait to be seated. The waiter then took my room number to make sure i hadn't swooped in for a free breakfast, gazed around the empty restaurant to make sure they could seat me then told me i could sit where i liked.
Surprisingly, at this point, Basil faulty did not goose step in and hit me in the head with a teaspoon as i had been expecting. No, i was completely ignored for the next 45 minutes. This would not have been a problem at all (as the breakfast was a buffet) if i hadn't ordered a coffee while i was accosted on entry. After projecting my voice across the restaurant to get the attention of the single waitress i did get my coffee which was very nice.
Apart from all this the food is actually very nice. The steak and pork belly are absolutely amazing, and i thought 37 and 33 bucks respectively were acceptable for the quality of the food. I can only assume that waiting times were on account of the chef having a few attempts at the food to get it perfect.
Unfortunately the waiting times, understaffed restaurant and under trained staff make it an experience i would prefer not to repeat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tom A

Dear Tom A

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback. I was sorry to hear that your stay was not at the normal high standards we strive for every day.

I would like to re-assure you that all feedback is discussed and shared with the respective department heads for follow-up. With your detailed feedback we can continue to commit and focus on delivering high, warm and efficient guest services. As mentioned above, something we strive for every day.

Also, appreciate your feedback in regards to look and feel of the hotel. Although we are a clean, tidy and modern hotel, we are looking in the options of introducing art into the hotel.

On the positive note I was glad to read that you found the food in the restaurant enjoyable and the room quiet and comfortable.

Once, again, I do apologies that this time we have not been able to deliver the normal high service experience we pride ourselves for. If there is any other aspect of your stay or any further concerns you would like to discuss; please feel free to contact me directly on the below contact details.

The Team and I do hope to see you return upon your next visit to Perth.

k.kaya@rendezvoushotels.com | 08 9481 0866

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A clean and neat hotel which is not too pricey on the western edge of Perth CBD. Rooms at the back have no views, but are a reasonable size. The front cafe has a nice view although this may change when the new building goes up on the opposite side of the road. 24 hour reception is good and its a very short walk into Perth CBD.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kyle K, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Cjmit

Thank you so much for your kind and positive Trip Advisor review.

I was glad that you found us a clean and neat hotel and well priced. I agree with your comment that we are very centrally located within the CBD. A short stroll and you are in the main district of the city main attractions or business district.

We do have a variety of different rooms with different "open" views. Please ask the Reception Team during your next stay and I am sure they will be happy to assist!

Thank you once again for your time and feedback and we are looking forward seeing you return upon your next trip to Perth.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Jaime and Nelsa make the best coffee in Perth. It's all organic and is a perfect start to the morning. They are super friendly and professional. I could have gotten a coffee anywhere but the service is what makes this one different. The lobby is relaxing and has great music playing.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Andrew

Thank you so much for leaving such a great Trip Advisor review. The Team and I were delighted with your comments with in particular the mention of Nelsa and Jaimee. They have been acknowledged for this mention and great customer services!

We look forward seeing you next time on your coffee run!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited Western Australia for a week for our honeymoon and this was our first night's stay before we headed down south for a few days. Room was reasonably comfortable for one night, they were kind enough to give us a complimentary upgrade & a couple of free drink cards at their bar on the ground floor, for being on our honeymoon, with a view of the river in the distance and the highway right there. So quiet for being so close to the road. Room set up was strange, no television in the lounge area, bathroom in the middle then the bedroom. Not somewhere my husband and I would stay at again when we visit Perth next, but comfortable for one night and close to Perth CBD.
Our only disappointment was not being advised of the $25 parking fee in their extremely small car park below the hotel. We were surprised at how expensive this was for one night, but as we were first time visitors to Perth we paid the charge - not sure if this is reasonable though, hotels in Melbourne generally give you the car parking complimentary being a guest in their hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, or advise them if its a special occasion so they give you a room with a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyle K, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Pants87

Congratulation on your Honeymoon!

Thank you for your time and review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the valuable feedback given.

I was glad you found the rooms comfortable and that the Team offered you an upgrade and drink vouchers upon arrival.

Please note that we do have a number of different room set-ups. If you are booking next time, please ask for a room with an open plan. Also, we have Premier Deluxe Rooms which are large in size and also have an open plan. These rooms also come with a small lounge area, a complementary Nespresso machine and larger size TV.

I was sorry that parking was disappointing. Being a CBD property we are fortunate to have parking on-site although this is very limited. $25 is very competitive and confident that surrounding parking facilities are not cheaper. Based on the number of rooms we have compared to the available spots unfortunately we are not able to offer parking complementary ensure we meeting as many guests parking needs.

If you are looking at staying next time, please do contact me directly and I am more than happy to look into your booking requirements to ensure you have an enjoyable and worry free stay with us.

Looking forward to see you return upon your future visit to Perth city.

k.kaya@rendezvoushotels.com

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here several times as it is an easy walk to Convention Centre and Rigbys. Rooms are clean and modern and were good value for money for a comfy bed to attend performances as a taxi fare home costs the same amount. We had a room on the freeway side but couldn't hear a noise with the double glazing. A/C, T/V, etc. worked well. Parking was a bit expensive at $30. Booked elsewhere this week as prices seem to have increased 50%.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark P

Thank you so much for your time and posting on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and modern. I will make sure this is shared with the Team.

Parking at the hotel is at a fixed charge of $25 per night. As we are a CBD property parking is limited.

Do let me know when you are booking next time; I am confident that we are able to work something out for your next stay.

Thank you once again for your positive review and we are looking forward to be welcoming you back next time.

k.kaya@rendezvoushotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perth
Perth CBD
Travelodge Hotel Perth
Perth CBD
Peppers Kings Square Hotel

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central? Share your experiences!